News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

We need a protoceratops that serves to make fighting dioramas of the same scale as your feathered Safari velociraptor. I prefer a large protoceratops on Safari's part than the initial Carnegie millimeter version of the family set protoceratops (exaggeration is all metaphor since it was larger).

Loon

I think it's time Safari, or even some other company, made a new Brachiosaurus. I think the old Safari looks fine, but something about it is still off. I'm not a Sauropod expert, but from what I've read, the neck posture is inaccurate. Also, I really don't care for the colors on that one.

Sim

As far as I know Giraffatitan is known from much better remains than Brachiosaurus, so I'd prefer Giraffatitan to be made.

Brachiosaurus remains: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brachiosaurus_Composite_Skeletal.svg

Giraffatitan remains: https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Giraffa-titan-783557334

MLMjp

But every single Brachiosaurus figure minus the last Carnegie one is Giraffatitan. I would prefer a proper Brachiosaurus for once.

At the end of the day, it wouldn't matter though, because they will never make one as big as the likes of Papo, old Carnegie or old Schleich and if is not big enough compared to other 1:40-1:35 figures I own, then it is not worth for me. :(

Halichoeres

Quote from: MLMjp on January 09, 2020, 06:55:21 PM
But every single Brachiosaurus figure minus the last Carnegie one is Giraffatitan. I would prefer a proper Brachiosaurus for once.

At the end of the day, it wouldn't matter though, because they will never make one as big as the likes of Papo, old Carnegie or old Schleich and if is not big enough compared to other 1:40-1:35 figures I own, then it is not worth for me. :(

I don't know, I could see EoFauna making a giant sauropod like that. And Safari's recent Camarasaurus was 1:40. Another Morrison giant doesn't seem like much of a stretch, although personally I'd be rooting for Barosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

I don't mind too much either way - both genera are in need of new figures representing them.

John

I wouldn't mind seeing more updated tyrannosaurids like maybe Gorgosaurus.
It would also be nice to see an armored plant eater like Pinacosaurus or Edmontonia. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

I would really like if Safari made any of these:

Ceratopsians:

Protoceratops
Koreaceratops
Zuniceratops
Pentaceratops or Utahceratops
Torosaurus

Hadrosaurs:

Olorotitan
Maiasaura with nest (an update to the old Carnegie Collection version)

Sauropodomorphs:

Riojasaurus or Plateosaurus
Ampelosaurus
Isisaurus

Theropods:

Utahraptor
Dakotaraptor
Austroraptor or Buitreraptor
Yi or Ambopteryx
Daspletosaurus
Megalosaurus

Furthermore, I would add that out of these, the Utahraptor, Maiasaura and Protoceratops have more chances than the other dinosaurs because those were featured in the old Safari line and the Carnegie Collection, respectively.

Shonisaurus

A barosaurus, barapasaurus or opisthocoelicaudia, I would like him to do Safari in the toy market with a reasonable size, I want Safari sauropods the same size as his Safarie amargasaurus even if they could make figures the size of Apagieaurus, brachiosaurus or Carnegie diplodocus. would celebrate

Those three sauropods are quite well known and very poorly represented in the dinosaur toy market. I would like the sauropods by Safari to be the size of the "good times" of the Carnegie era without being huge like the PNSO huanghetitan.

Sim

Out of the most recent suggestions I'd be happy to see Safari make Pinacosaurus, Edmontonia, Riojasaurus, Plateosaurus, Utahraptor, Austroraptor, Buitreraptor and Daspletosaurus.

Shonisaurus

I could make Safari a europasaurus and a tyrannotitan. The first because I still cannot convince the figure of Bullyland and that I have it in one of my shelves in a special way and the tyrannotitan because I believe that there is no representation of that theropod in toy figure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Well, I think it's for another hybrid of a wish list and a semi-predictions. (Though in terms of predictions it's for any time in the (relatively) near future. A massive figure of a massive sauropod would be nice but I don't expect it. 12 figures is probably too many for Safari to release in one year (yes I know they've done it before but still unlikely, in which case I can sacrifice my beloved Baryonyx.

Cryolophosaurus As I (and others) have said, a nice new Cryolophosaurus, lightly feathered like the Coelophysis - possibly similar to museum mount avatar_Loon @Loon saw, would be a really nice figure. I could see a scaly one being done but that wouldn't interest me. A feathered one would be perfect however. Since the Carnegie line ended, they haven't had one of these in their line ups and I could see it come back. Fingers crossed for nice feathering though.

Chasmosaurus I was going to say Protoceratops because they need to do more non-Ceratopsid Ceratopsians and Protoceratops is one of the few popular enough to be considered, and would go nicely with Velociraptor and be at a much more reasonable size than the oversized CollectA figure. But aside from Triceratops and Styracosaurus, none of the other classic Ceratopsians have been touched in favour of the new-fangled ones. Yes Vagaceratops this, but I think it has already been said what I want to say on the matter. avatar_Sim @Sim being one I think.

Gallimimus I think this is unlikely, but they have to release a 'normal' Ornithomimid at some point, don't they? I think Jurassic Park would help this to sell even though it would have feathers. Presumably it would have bear legs like the apparent findings apparently suggest. It would be nice to have one of these.

Baryonyx Even though I now have a couple of Baryonyx that I am happy with at least, I don't think there is a definitive Baryonyx and I think Safari (and avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson in particular) could be the one to do so. A perfect Baryonyx would be nice, but as I said, given the recent abundance of Baryonyx I could sacrifice this one for now.

Ramphorynchus Thinking of avatar_Sim @Sim again, but also because I would really like the 'other' classic Pterosaur (Since Pteranodon, Quetzalcoatlus and Dimorphodon all have at least one nice figure) to get a decent figure at last. It's also really distinctive, and since Safari seem to be only releasing Pterosaurs every other year, 2021 could be the year Ramphorynchus finally gets justice? Or just wishful thinking?

Elasmosaurus To replace the 2013 one with the snake neck, or perhaps even do a different Elasmosaurid this time, but a nice Elasmosaurus/id would make for a great figure. I'm not going to elaborate for obvious reasons.

Paraceratherium or Chalicotherium No mammals this year either, so maybe for next year, Safari could have a go at one of these. Chalicotherium is my favourite so I'd probably prefer that, but there isn't a single good figure of Paraceratherium so maybe that one, though Eofauna would make a more beautiful one if they ever give one of their mammal slots to a non-Proboscodean.

Majungasaurus Well, since avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector 's little company will (probably) be releasing one of these soon so there's no need for one, but Safari could release one too.

Zuul or Tuojiangosaurus Ankylosaurs and Stegosaurs don't show up often, but there aren't too many of them anyway, especially Stegosaurs, but we could have one in 2021. Zuul has already been suggested and it is a great find, and they so occasionally do newly discovered animals. Tuojiangosaurus is my childhood favourite Stegosaur and I'd like all my childhood favourites to get figures at some point, but I understand Kentrosaurus and Dacentrurus are more likely.

Atopodentatus because a new Triassic or Permian 'oddball' needs doing, and this one is more different from almost anything that has already been released. It could certainly be a little gem in a furure line-up.

Europasaurus A small sauropod that Battat sadly never got around to releasing, it could be done justice and small sauropods seem to be more likely to be done than big ones as only 2 relatively related sauropods are large compared to 3 or 4 smaller ones. It can also be done in 1:35 - 1:40 scale without being huge which seems to be a concern.

Nothronychus or Falcarius or Beipiaosaurus as avatar_Sim @Sim has said before, there is still no Therizinosaur in their line up. I have suggested the latter two for much the same reason, and Nothronychus because it is one of the largest ones, and known at least better than Therizinosaurus.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Toasaurus

Here my wished for safari ltd 2020

Sauropodomorphs
Argentinosaurus(I'm surprised there are not that many figures of it and like a ton of gigas an mapusaurus it I don't care if it's incomplete it's time to give argentinosaurus some love)

Patagotitan
Dreadnaughtus
Bajadasaurus
Alamosaurus
Plateosaurus
Glacialsaurus
Melanosaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Ampelosaurus
giraffititian
Brontosaurus

Theropods:
Nanuqusaurus
Irratator
Majungasaurus
Gigantoraptor
Rajasaurus
Megalosaurus
Yanchuanosaurus
Sinraptor
Dakotaraptor
Utahraptor
Saurophaganax
Theriozinosaurus
Nothronychus
Torvosaurus
Daspletosaurus
Tarbosaurus
Baryonyx
Austrolovenator
Gallimumus
Ornithomimus
Struthomimus

Ceratopsians:
Protoceratops
Zuniceratops
Leptoceratops
Centorsaurus
Chasmosaurus
Sinoceratops
Torosaurus
Wendiceratops

Stegosaurs and ankylosaurs ( sorry can spell the proper name lol)
Wherhosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Tiojingosaurus
Huanygosaurus
Miragia
Gargoylesaurus
Borealpelta
Gastonia
Euoplocheplus
Saichnia
Minmi

Ornithopods/hadrosaurus:
Muttaburrasaurus
Ouranosaurus
Dryosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Orolotitan
Tsintaosaurus
Maisaura
Camptosaurus

Pterosaurs:
Hatzegoptryx
Ornithochirus
Dsungguptrus

Marine life:
Nothosaurus
Shashtasaurus
Shonisaurus
Styxosaurus
Dolicorimptus
Dakosaurus
Livytian
Basilosaurus
Dourodon
Archleon
Anomliacaras
Sea scorpion
Xiphactinus
Lyisoclyeds
Hynera

Centozic:
Paraceratherium (again same problem with the argentinosaurus no one ever makes this creature I don't care if it's incomplete it needs some love)
Columbian mammoth
Paleoxodon
Andrewsarchus
Arsinotherium
Elasmotherium
Phrosorachos
Titanis
Keleken
Titanoboa
Purrasaurus
Merotherium
Megatherium
Toxodon
Procoptodon

Triassic/Paleozoic:
Lystrosaurus
Lisowa
Desmatosuchus
Chasmatosaurus
Edaphosaurus
Morchops
Inostransovia
Scutosaurus
Arthropelura
Meganeura
Koolasuchus
Itchyostega
Euryops

indy1936

1:35 Brachiosaurus
1:35 Brontosaurus

Flaffy

I'm surprised how not a single company has done a Toob / box set that consists of either trilobites or ammonoids exclusively. Considering their crucial roles as index fossils, and their wide variety of bizarre body plans, both groups in my opinion would make for fantastic and educational Toobs.

Personally really hoping a Walliserops is made.

Cretaceous Crab

Of course, I'm always hoping for a Safari LTD Appalachiosaurus.

Aside from that, I'd like to see them keep making ceratopsids. I ended up getting most of the existing ones for Xmas and my birthday, and I'd LOVE to complete the series with some new genera in the style of Doug Watson.

Not a lot of Majungasaurus figures out there, so I'd love one of those.

Shonisaurus

At least Safari should make a majungasaurus is popular for the BBC Planet Dinosaur television series and is very underrepresented or at least underrepresented. The figure of Recur is perhaps the best of its kind because that of Collecta does not convince me.

We would also need a rajasaurus by Safari for the reasons mentioned above and a cryolophosaurus because we only have the version of Carnegie by Safari has not made any figure we need an updated version of cryolophosaurus.

On the other hand I would like Safari to make a feathered utahraptor that exceeds velociraptor and deinonychus in size, taking into account that these two dromeosaurid theropods are smaller than that singular theropod. I have the WWD and old version of Safari but we need a more updated version.

Sim

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 26, 2020, 10:09:42 PM
Gallimimus I think this is unlikely, but they have to release a 'normal' Ornithomimid at some point, don't they? I think Jurassic Park would help this to sell even though it would have feathers. Presumably it would have bear legs like the apparent findings apparently suggest. It would be nice to have one of these.

I can imagine Gallimimus selling well.  I'm not sure it should be given bare legs though since it lived in a relatively cold and wet environment.

Ramphorynchus Thinking of avatar_Sim @Sim again, but also because I would really like the 'other' classic Pterosaur (Since Pteranodon, Quetzalcoatlus and Dimorphodon all have at least one nice figure) to get a decent figure at last. It's also really distinctive, and since Safari seem to be only releasing Pterosaurs every other year, 2021 could be the year Ramphorynchus finally gets justice? Or just wishful thinking?

Elasmosaurus To replace the 2013 one with the snake neck, or perhaps even do a different Elasmosaurid this time, but a nice Elasmosaurus/id would make for a great figure. I'm not going to elaborate for obvious reasons.

I would be very happy to see both of these!  Although due to its incompleteness I would prefer if Elasmosaurus wasn't made again.  Styxosaurus or Thalassomedon instead would be great!  I'm aware of CollectA's Thalassomedon, but its skin unfortunately looks like crumpled tissue paper.

Zuul or Tuojiangosaurus Ankylosaurs and Stegosaurs don't show up often, but there aren't too many of them anyway, especially Stegosaurs, but we could have one in 2021. Zuul has already been suggested and it is a great find, and they so occasionally do newly discovered animals. Tuojiangosaurus is my childhood favourite Stegosaur and I'd like all my childhood favourites to get figures at some point, but I understand Kentrosaurus and Dacentrurus are more likely.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, Safari making another ankylosaur or stegosaur would be interesting!  I don't think Dacentrurus is likely though as it's known from very fragmentary remains.

I would like to add that after receiving Safari's excellent Qianzhousaurus I would really like Doug to make a Daspletosaurus torosus for the Wild Safari line.

suspsy

Frankly, I think Zuul deserves to be made more than any other thyreophoran. It's one of the largest (possibly second only to Ankylosaurus) and most complete ankylosaurs known, with an intact skull, tail club, and back armour, it's got a cool name, and it would be the first ever Safari prehistoric figure to start with a Z!

Majungasaurus or Rajasaurus would also be very much appreciated.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Sim @Sim for some reason I thought that Dacentrurus was known from more remains, after I saw Gabriel Ugueto's art of it last year. If that's the case I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Tuojiangosaurus.
A Daspletosaurus would also be a great way for Doug to do a new Tyrannosaurid after the skin impressions that looks enough like T. rex that it would sell without actually being another T. rex. I happen to quite like Daspletosaurus too, it and Tarbosaurus so a Daspletosaurus would be a great addition.

@suspy I do think a Zuul should be made too. I hope it does I know Doug could do it justice.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: