News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on August 13, 2020, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: Andreioli on August 13, 2020, 06:29:47 PM
Papo Giganotosaurus and Chilesaurus available on eBay Germany:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Papo-55083-Giganotosaurus-20-cm-Dinosaurier-Neuheit-2020/154040472422?hash=item23dd871366:g:wTQAAOSw-GBfMYsY

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Papo-55082-Chilesaurus-14-cm-Dinosaurier-Neuheit-2020/383672624465?hash=item5954aba551:g:bjMAAOSwvCpfMk7Z

Oh Boy. Now i wait for all the Reviews. I really don't know why, but i am really looking forward to how it will look in real life.

Looks like Rupi already made an unboxing video of the two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5n_9YZK3kE

I think the Giga's pretty cool
{ducks for cover}

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh! Thank you. I did not know that, for i do not like Rupi that much. I am Sorry to say that.

Shonisaurus

Papo's giganotosaurus looks much better than the prototype judging by the video and the same I say of the chilesaurus, I mean both the painting and the sculpture and without a doubt they are better than the repainted parasaurolophus (the latter is better to see physically, according to forum members), although it may also be that the giganotosaurus and chilesaurus look better than their prototype due to the twilight effects offered by Rupi Bolz's videos give them an improved image. Hopefully you are wrong in this last statement.

PrimevalRaptor

Chilesaurus looks pretty neat, might really pick that one up if that hits stores around here...as for the big elephant in the room...
The sculpting is ofc really nice as we're used to by Papo but I still really don't like the pose, sorry.

Also the brighter hues on the head seem more subtle at least on this side on the head, may just be the lighting though?
Colors also seem a bit more muted and less exciting but at least it's not like the Parasaurolophus.
Gott say though, certainly does look impressive and makes for an eye-catcher, but I still think for it's price I'd rather get some other models with more plausible poses. :P

Loon

I don't know what to think. Honestly, the video looks weirdly saturated, so I can't make any concrete judgement. But, if it's not, that Giganotosaurus looks really weak. Like, the only thing I really liked about the prototype was the coloration, but this looks bad.

Faelrin

avatar_Loon @Loon I gotta agree with you on that. The coloration definitely looks like it took a hit, particularly on the head.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Both toys look really bad, more so because Papo has absolutely no excuse at this point. They've been at this game for 15 years now; they are fully capable of producing top quality dinosaur toys whose accuracy matches that of CollectA or PNSO or Safari. Instead, they produce these losses.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Not sure what to think after seeing that video. The color correction seems off, but I can't really fault the guy on it as that is something I often struggle with in my own videos. If it is an accurate representation of the final product, I'm going to agree with Loon and say that that giga is a near total bust.

Shonisaurus

What does not seem logical to me sincerely speaking is that Papo makes prototypes in which above all the painting of the real figure is different negatively speaking with respect to the prototype figure, Papo unfortunately is one of the few toy dinosaur figures whose Real dinosaur sculptures, especially in terms of painting, are different from the sculptures and paintings of the prototype, it is as if they put a candy in our mouth at the end of the year / beginning of the year and then take it away, and I want to clarify that I am a staunch fan of Papo and have bought to date all his figures of prehistoric animals and the prehistoric world (prehistoric men) but I sincerely wish that the figure of the prototype exactly matched the real figure that is sold months after the release of said novelty.

Papo is a top quality company, high quality when it comes to its figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, a great brand of dinosaurs in the world market, but really where it fails dramatically is in that detail pointed out by me and others DTF members.

The sculpture of the prehistoric animals of Papo is perfect what is missing is in the painting.

Dinoxels

What have I done. In all honesty, the detail seems a lot better on this figure than others.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Andreioli

Full Giga review is up:

https://youtu.be/N-9V54UMDjQ

It is one heck of a model  ;)

Carnoking

I'll need to get my hands on it before I'm convinced.

Loon

Honestly, at this point, I can't even say the pose in and of itself is the worst. I'd like a pose like this, but it's not done well here. Like a lot of Papo's recent poses, it feels like they manipulated the limbs and head, but the body's stuff as a rod. It just doesn't look natural.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Andreioli on August 14, 2020, 04:41:15 PM
Full Giga review is up:

https://youtu.be/N-9V54UMDjQ

It is one heck of a model  ;)

I often do not have the same opinion on Figures that Rupi has, but in this case i just think about the Same. In the Beginnig of the Video he talks about the Pose. That it reminds of the early Dinosaurs, back in the Day. Some kind of an modern approach on classic Dinosaurs. And to me, it is just about that. I said that, when i first saw the Photos of it and i still think the same. We have enough Giganotosaurus Figures in realictic ways and Rupi says something, that i would second, regarding criticising TOYfigures. They are Toys in the End and a Company needs to sell stuff. To Parents. Looking at the History of Toy Dinosaurs or Figures in general, i must say that we have come quite a way. And We have alot of companys to choose from.

I am more into Figures that look realistic, but boy i like that Giga i have to say. Would be a great Figure just to stand solitary in a more popcultural surrounding. Also, the Detals and Sculpt overall seem to be done awesome. Classic Papo. But the better Papo. Also, i already have realistic looking Giganotosaurs. And i guess, there are more to come in the Future. Looking at Figures from just a couple of years ago, they look awful sometimes. But here we have a unique and striking popculture pose done in a brilliant way.

Just my two cents.

Stegotyranno420

The only thing i really like is the head, which some had said is probally one of the best and most accurate giganotosaurus skulls out there. If someone does get this figure, i hope you can mold/cast its head. Maybe i will stick it up on a possible eofauna giganotosaurus(if i do ever get one)

terrorchicken

dont worry, Im sure the Chinese bootleggers will eventually kitbash-fix the figure like they didi the spinosaurus. ;D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 14, 2020, 06:43:21 PM
dont worry, Im sure the Chinese bootleggers will eventually kitbash-fix the figure like they didi the spinosaurus. ;D
Im being serious tho, but that would be great.I hope they keep the nice details and make it 15 inches long

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Stegotyranno on August 14, 2020, 08:32:26 PM
Im being serious tho, but that would be great.I hope they keep the nice details and make it 15 inches long

Um... pardon me, but I don't think Papo would be very pleased if someone went about casting parts of their models and selling them, even if that person acknowledged that what they were selling wasn't their own work.  Unless you meant someone could do it for you for free, as a favour, which I'm guessing would be okay.  If you're good at customising you could of course buy both models and change the Eofauna's head for the Papo, assuming they were the same rough size/scale.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 14, 2020, 08:59:15 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on August 14, 2020, 08:32:26 PM

Um... pardon me, but I don't think Papo would be very pleased if someone went about casting parts of their models and selling them, even if that person acknowledged that what they were selling wasn't their own work.  Unless you meant someone could do it for you for free, as a favour, which I'm guessing would be okay.  If you're good at customising you could of course buy both models and change the Eofauna's head for the Papo, assuming they were the same rough size/scale.
No i meant like a joke or a favour, i dont know. Im good at customizing so i wanted to try it with just the head only

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: