News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Who has the best Giganotosaurus

Started by Stegotyranno420, November 29, 2019, 06:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best Giganotosaurus (repaints and minis not included)

Pnso
Safari Ltd(Carnegie)
Schliech(new)
Schliech(old)
Geoworld
TipToi
Mojo
Schliech(Juvenile)
Vitae
Bullyland
Eofauna
Resaurus(Carnage)
Other(Comment)
Wild Safari
Papo
Mojo(2020)

Stegotyranno420

Hello everyone. I just wanted to run a poll of the best giganotosaurus figure. If you are familiar with this poll, I deleted the original due to problems running it. Request the next dinosaur in the comments, than you.

Loon

Eofauna, hands down. I don't care much for the genus, as it seems to have become the favorite of 12 year olds, but, that is a glorious piece.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 29, 2019, 06:17:29 AM
Eofauna, hands down. I don't care much for the genus, as it seems to have become the favorite of 12 year olds, but, that is a glorious piece.
If you like eofauna's maybe you could vote ;) Any ideas for the next dinosaur I should host

PumperKrickel

deleted

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 29, 2019, 06:23:53 AM
Waiting for Papo should not be an option, otherwise you might as well add all companies who have yet to make a Giga.

Also, this is not quite the proper way to host polls like this. Please check this thread out: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3067.0
sorry, I just was too excited.  :-[

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 29, 2019, 06:23:53 AM
Waiting for Papo should not be an option, otherwise you might as well add all companies who have yet to make a Giga.

Also, this is not quite the proper way to host polls like this. Please check this thread out: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3067.0
[/quote
There, fixed!

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 06:21:40 AM
If you like eofauna's maybe you could vote ;) Any ideas for the next dinosaur I should host

Spinosaurus, given all the recent figures.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 29, 2019, 07:12:54 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 06:21:40 AM

Spinosaurus, given all the recent figures.
I like the way you think, Loon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Did the Eofauna have a more correct skull than the Wild Safari?

Concavenator

The best Giganotosaurus? Eofauna's all the way. It's very accurate and so beautiful. I have it, and oh my, is it a gorgeous piece. It's probably my favorite figure out of my whole collection now.

Shonisaurus

The Eofauna giganotosaurus is perhaps the best but it cannot stand properly.

Safari giganotosaurus is a formidable and scientific figure and I like its fixed base but it reminds me a lot of its predecessor.

The PNSO giganotosaurus is a work of art but its lack of sustainability and most importantly the defective jaw being articulated jaw spoils the figure. Their jaws do not close properly and they give of themselves. It is a beautiful toy figure with a beautiful base but it suffers from that error.

The Vitae giganotosaurus can be kept on both legs and is a larger figure than all the mentioned ones and in this case I have not had problems with this figure but by the way Eofauna giganotosaurus for me is very good and is in parity of quality and beauty with that of Vitae. For me the two best giganotosaurus are those of Eofauna and Vitae. It is a pity that the Vitae brand has paralyzed production.

Syndicate Bias

The Giga was a fave of mine since I was 5 though  :P

That's been like...17 years ago

Stegotyranno420

All of you guys have such great opinions. Although I prefer Safari's due to pricing and the sculpt, I respect your opinions.

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 06:22:39 PM
All of you guys have such great opinions. Although I prefer Safari's due to pricing and the sculpt, I respect your opinions.

Safari's is a great figure for the price, unfortunately it's inaccurate head is what holds it back from being number 1.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 29, 2019, 06:32:20 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 06:22:39 PM

Safari's is a great figure for the price, unfortunately it's inaccurate head is what holds it back from being number 1.
How inaccurate is it. It is like way off. Is the Carnegie Giga slightly better in skull shape.

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 06:36:39 PM
How inaccurate is it. It is like way off. Is the Carnegie Giga slightly better in skull shape.

It's based off the old skull reconstruction, which was more elongated and a bit more "rounded". As seen here:

The newer skull is much more angled and shorter:

Given the recentness of the new skull reconstruction, many of the figures on that list are based on the older version. The Carnegie in this case, is even more inaccurate than the newer Safari. The recent Safari figure is still quite good, and not too inaccurate, especially if you're on a budget.

The only two figures that use the current skull, that I know of, are the EoFauna and the Vitae models.

Bokisaurus

For me it's PNSO hands down, it's just an amazing figure.

Stegotyranno420

Hopefully another company makes a even better giganotosaurus with this new skull

SidB

Other than the standing issues which avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus pointed out, it's going to be difficult to top the Eofauna one.

Syndicate Bias

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: