News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Quote from: Stegotyranno on June 18, 2020, 03:13:21 AM
Theres a nanmu giga ?
Nanmu has not confirmed it is definitely a Giganotosaurus, but there is a teaser pic out. It's posted in this thread.

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2020, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Takama on June 18, 2020, 01:04:44 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 18, 2020, 12:50:51 AM
ugh now I don't even want that Nanmu Giga knowing full well it's made with a pvc pipe >:(

Please tell me your joking?

Because i honestly think the PVC pipe thing is a load of unfossilized cropolites

This is still being talked about? Good lord..

I know. I was just about to unsubscribe from this thread for this very reason.  ::)

stargatedalek

Quote from: Over9K on June 18, 2020, 12:20:56 AM
Quote from: Justin_ on June 17, 2020, 10:44:14 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 15, 2020, 02:12:23 AM
... this guy is actually saying the body is a section of reclaimed PVC pipe.

Reclaimed PVC pipe! Is there any more information on this bizarre theory? I thought at first they were simply suggesting PVC piping is melted down and being used in a mold instead of fresh PVC, but do they think lengths of pipe are somehow being pressed and tooled into the final figures?

If they are saying the sculpting was done on an armature that used a section of PVC pipe, what's the problem?

That particular FB user deleted his posts from that thread, actually.

I'm just a bit taken aback by the few that are saying they've canceled pre-orders of the Apatosaurus, after finding out it's hollow, and they're now suspicious of their Rebor, W-Dragon and Nanmu theropods of being hollow as well, as if being hollow would somehow the perceived quality of these figures they apparently loved until now, thinking (erroneously) that they're hollow!
And REBOR wondered why we think their fans over on Facebook are nuts...

Mattyonyx

Speaking of Nanmu Giganotosaurus, someone shared this artwork. As you may notice, the head is pretty similar to the one shown in the teaser...
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xa6dX

Carnoking

Quote from: Mattyonyx on June 18, 2020, 06:26:38 PM
Speaking of Nanmu Giganotosaurus, someone shared this artwork. As you may notice, the head is pretty similar to the one shown in the teaser...
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xa6dX

Dang, if that turns out to be an indication of what to expect from Nanmu, then that giga's gonna be dope.

KeU

I see the similarities.
Especially the raised ridges around the eyes, going behind and below the eyes.

Darko2300

Hmm. I just wonder how the Rex will turn out compared to Rebor's. The eyes have to be better at least, right?  :))

Stegotyranno420

I wish there was a  upainted, 1:40 scale of hollow figures by nammu so people like me could get. I dont care about the solidity, i care if i could paint it and if it looks cool. I dont know whats the fuss with hollows

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2020, 03:55:03 AM
Quote from: Takama on June 18, 2020, 01:04:44 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 18, 2020, 12:50:51 AM
ugh now I don't even want that Nanmu Giga knowing full well it's made with a pvc pipe >:(

Please tell me your joking?

Because i honestly think the PVC pipe thing is a load of unfossilized cropolites

This is still being talked about? Good lord..

😂 Yea lmao I'm not being serious my Shane Foulkes Giganotosaurus is rotocasted and I also own the PNSO Cerato which is the most hollow of my collection lol. Doesn't bother me and another Giga to me is just another win lol

Over9K

Pre-orders are open various places for both the Ankylosaurus "Mace" and the Raptor Squad!

The Anklosaurus comes in two styles, standing, and injured, with the standing version available in two color schemes, a "blue" and a "red", and the injured version available in the "blue" coloration. Mace is priced at $69.99 at Dan's Dinosaurs, with an expected September release.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/ankylosaurus-by-nanmu/

The Raptor Squad is available in 4 different color schemes, a rotation of the same colors, just on different members of the squad. Note in the photos each color squad is given it's own name. Dan's Dinosaurs has the squad priced at $49.99 (discounted from $69.99), with an expected release of August/September.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/velociraptor-squad-by-nanmu/

SenSx

Thanks !

I'll definitely get the Ankylosaurus.
It's a good idea to have truly 1:35 scaled JP raptors, and they are beautifully detailed despite their size.
but 60 dollars for 4 tiny figures ? I don't know what they're smoking, I doubt it sells well...

I hope we get more info on the Ceratosaurus soon, it's been forgotten  :'(

KeU

I wonder which raptor squad would be more popular.
I read that the head design for Blue and Echo are more similar to the JP design.
While Charlie and Delta have the raised ridges similar to those in JP3.
I don't think that information is implemented in the Nanmu sculpt.

Faelrin

I'm seriously impressed with how film accurate the first color scheme of the Ankylosaurus looks.

On the other hand I feel like the coloration of Charlie and Delta are a bit off. Not bad though as these are unlicensed(?) takes anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on June 23, 2020, 11:11:32 AM
Thanks !

It's a good idea to have truly 1:35 scaled JP raptors, and they are beautifully detailed despite their size.
but 60 dollars for 4 tiny figures ? I don't know what they're smoking, I doubt it sells well...

Easily explainable and for those used to collecting Kaiyodo or other gashapon quite reasonable. I'm looking at it as 10.00 per figure each one is around 4-5" long so pretty close to largest mini figures. you have about 20.00 to divide up between art card, mini human, box/packaging and shipping ( if free shipping). 

Havent heard much on that Cerato, though I wasn't interested in it myself, it does seem to be the least talked about on the pages/forums I visit.  I think not being based on JP/JW and coming with a shark it was just a pass for many.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 23, 2020, 03:18:10 PM
Thanks !

Easily explainable and for those used to collecting Kaiyodo or other gashapon quite reasonable. I'm looking at it as 10.00 per figure each one is around 4-5" long so pretty close to largest mini figures. you have about 20.00 to divide up between art card, mini human, box/packaging and shipping ( if free shipping). 

Havent heard much on that Cerato, though I wasn't interested in it myself, it does seem to be the least talked about on the pages/forums I visit.  I think not being based on JP/JW and coming with a shark it was just a pass for many.

I guess many alwready own a Ceratosaurus unlike me, but from what I'm seeing It could be one of the best 1:35 on the market.
I like it more than the Rebor and Papo.
I wonder what color they'll give him, I'm hoping for something different than usuall.
I wound not mind the flashy redish pink from JP3, even though the sculpt itself does not seem to be from that movie.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on June 23, 2020, 07:13:26 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 23, 2020, 03:18:10 PM
Thanks !

I guess many alwready own a Ceratosaurus unlike me, but from what I'm seeing It could be one of the best 1:35 on the market.
I like it more than the Rebor and Papo.
I wonder what color they'll give him, I'm hoping for something different than usuall.
I wound not mind the flashy redish pink from JP3, even though the sculpt itself does not seem to be from that movie.

I agree it was overall nicely done and it's color probably would have been JP3 or at least one version would have been.  Yeah it' s not JP3 based and I think that was a big part of the problem, Nanmu has gathered a following JP/JW replica fans and it's hard getting them to buy generic dinos.  I like both myself, though I have a few Ceratosaurs..the Mattel for a JP3 version, the Papo , PNSO and Sideshow off the top of my head.

Flaffy

Wow, I'm not the biggest fan of the Jurassic World ankylosauurs, but that's a damn good replication of the movie design.
Can't decide between the brown or the blue version, both look really nice. Has the brown ankylosaurus ever been on screen?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on June 24, 2020, 02:12:33 AM
Wow, I'm not the biggest fan of the Jurassic World ankylosauurs, but that's a damn good replication of the movie design.
Can't decide between the brown or the blue version, both look really nice. Has the brown ankylosaurus ever been on screen?

We have this one which is kind of similar from JP3 :

KeU

Soon......

Prob good to add that this pic is not mine.
Was posted in the dino collector group in FB.

Carnoking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: