News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

What a chunky meaty beefy neck!
Same neck for the Pachyrhinosaurus.
It's said that this new Wilson is sculpted by Zhao himself, which means the Pachyrhinosaurus could also be made by him as well.
And now we see pictures with them side by side, which may imply such relevance:
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7158389635

(Also I have modified the neck a bit in post#5 in the above link to make it look more.... normal...)
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Dinoxels

This figure cost about 70 dollars on Amazon with about 17 dollar shipping. Shipping is half the price on AliExpress, but still I feel like it may be a bit overpriced for just being around 13 inches.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_acro-man @acro-man for this insight.

I see that it is based on AMNH 5027, the one found by Barnum Brown.

acro-man

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 19, 2020, 10:17:28 AM
Thanks avatar_acro-man @acro-man for this insight.

I see that it is based on AMNH 5027, the one found by Barnum Brown.

And that's some insight for me as well. Thanks!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Andre

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 19, 2020, 10:12:06 AM
This figure cost about 70 dollars on Amazon with about 17 dollar shipping. Shipping is half the price on AliExpress, but still I feel like it may be a bit overpriced for just being around 13 inches.

Didn't find it in AliExpress.. can you share the link?

Edit: Found it... https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005001913167512.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.54c52e0eZxdFDT

Shonisaurus

That tyrannosaurus rex is spectacular, both the and the pachyrhinosaurus masterfully and personally made by Zhao Chuang are based on the scientific thesis that dinosaurs had a more voluminous volume of muscle mass than was believed judging by the discovery of the mummified hadrosaur Dakota.

Bread

WOW! Been wondering if we were going to receive any new releases or reveals any time soon. This Tyrannosaurus is what I have been wanting for a while now. My only issue with this is actually the price, but I will still buy it.

Dinoguy2

If this had correctly scaled scales (way too big, should be more like the skin of Lambeosaurus - clearly still trying to compete with Rebor) and could stand on it's own (nothing wrong with tripods, vastly prefer that to a support rod) this would be a buy. For now, not so much. For that price I'm not springing for "very good".
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

MLMjp

I should be jumping and screaming of happiness becase this is what I have been waiting for. A chonky, scaly, nicely detailed, updated Tyrannosaurus rex, and with the perfect size based on the measurements.

But I am not despite being happy with this announcement.

I think that it because of two facts: the head look small, and it won't stand without the support rod. And no, I dont care about the lack of lips.

I dunno, I am going to wait until we have in-hand photos or videoreviews for my final judgement.

Bread

Quote from: MLMjp on December 19, 2020, 12:49:42 PM
I should be jumping and screaming of happiness becase this is what I have been waiting for. A chonky, scaly, nicely detailed, updated Tyrannosaurus rex, and with the perfect size based on the measurements.

But I am not despite being happy with this announcement.

I think that it because of two facts: the head look small, and it won't stand without the support rod. And no, I dont care about the lack of lips.

I dunno, I am going to wait until we have in-hand photos or videoreviews for my final judgement.
I agree about the small head issue. The previous 3 Wilson models all had this issue. Also the support rod bugs me too, but then again, I understand the issue of self stable bipedal dinosaur figures. I am glad this one does not have base, price would definitely be a little higher, and I rather have a rod for affordability.

We definitely need some comparison and in hand photos of this model. ;)

Duna

Ooh, he's a work of art. Beefy beauty. I would have liked him to have lips like "Sue in the flesh" and a bigger head like her. What I really don't like is the transparent stand if he does not stand by himself. I don't ever buy figures with fixed bases and very very few with removable ones, but only if they stand by themselves. So he is not in my list by now until I see a video review. I don't mind not having lips but I would have liked with them, but is not an issue.

Dinoxels

Did someone say "in hand images"  ;)

This is the image Acro-man linked.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Bread

Just ordered this new Tyrannosaurus. I placed my order on aliexpress, but my worry is I chose "without box." Usually I wouldn't worry about it, but I realize this figure is bipedal. Worried about the warping during transit. We'll see I guess...

Lanthanotus

Nice, but I wonder why they did not bulk up the tail base a bit or put some internal weight into the figure to make the rod obsolete.
Also, those way too enormous teeth end right at the end of the skull, with barely any tissue allowed between the jaw bones and the
scale, let alone any discussion of lips (I`d really appreciate though), but I highly doubt T. rex was the teeth equivalent to a naked mole rat.

Duna

Quote from: Bread on December 19, 2020, 03:41:12 PM
Just ordered this new Tyrannosaurus. I placed my order on aliexpress, but my worry is I chose "without box." Usually I wouldn't worry about it, but I realize this figure is bipedal. Worried about the warping during transit. We'll see I guess...
No need to worry. The figures are shipped with the plastic that is inside the PNSO box. So they are perfectly protected as in a sandwich, and cool temperatures prevent most figures of warping (I got some summer shipments that were  ::))

RaptorRex

I'm feeling conflicted. Liking this new PNSO Rex but I just got Wilson this last month!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: RaptorRex on December 19, 2020, 04:26:02 PM
I'm feeling conflicted. Liking this new PNSO Rex but I just got Wilson this last month!

😂 I hear you, but this is so much different looking than the other Wilson... that's how I justified my purchase as I also just got the other Wilson a couple months ago😂

This new one is absolutely beautiful and impressive! I love how bulky it is.
There simply isn't a way to make a figure stable on its two proportional feet especially with a semi-active pose that would satisfy everyone.
The balancing is too challenging do on PVC material due to the lightweight and tendency to warp.

I think the plastic rod is not only to help keep the figure stable but also help prevent those legs from warping in time due to the weight.
My safari Rex is suffering from this very issue, the feet are starting to slide upfront due to its weight.

I lucked out, just ordered this figure on Amazon and I didn't notice before but I have $60 points in can use if I use my Discover card. I ended up paying $30 for this figure after choosing to pay the $20 expedited shipping.

So let see if it gets here before Christmas 😃

Sarapaurolophus

I was so convinced this was gonna be Aaron. Funny how they just updated Wilson and already got a new one lined up :o
People must be loving the fella.

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a chunky Boy it is, great. This is a really beautiful Figure, but for this price i want a Tyrannosaurus that i like completely. And the Work on this is just outstanding, but... I want Lips on my fat T. rex. This would bother me alot and i already work on 2 big 3D printed Tyrannosaurids at the Moment, wich aren't lipped aswell, but i like them better.

I hope the people that like or love this announced Figure will be Happy in the End and i wait for the next Tyrannosaur Figure. To me, it would look perfect with the Look of the new SUE Statue or similar to Krentz' Regina Mundi (which is a couple hundred Euros above my League^^)

I guess its the Eyes and mostly the Teeth for me. I really do not like to look at them. Eyes are so important.

JimoAi

So, the battat tyrannosaurus is now obsolete?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: