News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2020, 01:25:41 AM
Quote from: Martwad on December 14, 2020, 08:19:42 PM
Some of the models on Amazon are starting to have free shipping again.  Must be an issue of having them in stock in Amazon warehouses, or something.

Which ones? Got a link or two handy?
The Lambeosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus. Note, they will be available on Dec. 22 but you can still order them.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on December 15, 2020, 01:42:47 AM
Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2020, 01:25:41 AM
Quote from: Martwad on December 14, 2020, 08:19:42 PM
Some of the models on Amazon are starting to have free shipping again.  Must be an issue of having them in stock in Amazon warehouses, or something.

Which ones? Got a link or two handy?
The Lambeosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus. Note, they will be available on Dec. 22 but you can still order them.

Heh. Figures I'd already have those two!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 15, 2020, 12:23:03 AM
I know I'm bring it back to something mentioned a while ago when people see nothing that maybe PNSO were releasing animals in groups of 3, but if they, shudder, released 3 Spinosaurids, despite Baryonyx being my favourite I would actually hope for Irritator and Suchomimus

* smuggles Ichthyovenator into the List *

Sim

Baryonyx is my favourite too, but I also would like PNSO to make Suchomimus.  There's finally enough good Baryonyx figures but still not a Suchomimus I'm happy with.

Ezikot

Quote from: Sim on December 16, 2020, 05:47:53 PM
Baryonyx is my favourite too, but I also would like PNSO to make Suchomimus.  There's finally enough good Baryonyx figures but still not a Suchomimus I'm happy with.
I agree. And the new Safari Baryonyx looks perfect.

Eocarcharia

I concur with the desire for more Spinosaurids besides Spinosaurus and Baryonyx, particularly Suchomimus and Irritator, they could use a good update. Maybe Vitae will release the Suchomimus they teased someday?

Bernie Brontosaurus

I want a new Irritator as well!

Takama

KeU

Fantastic!
Nice and chunky.
Might be the pose and angle of the shot, but the head can be bigger?

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on December 19, 2020, 02:34:48 AM
Behold

Wow. Colour me impressed! The absence of lips is a shame, but that's admittedly a topic of ongoing debate. I love how chunky he is! Totally puts the old Wilson to shame. Puts a lot of T. rex figures to shame for that matter.

I'm assuming his price tag will be as hefty as he is.  :-\

Carnoking

I'm glad I held off on their earlier reveals because this is going to have to be an instant buy for me!

Patrx

Not at all bad! However, I do think I shall pass it up.

Faelrin

Wow look at how chunky this one is. I would have preferred it to have lips (but am not surprised about the lack thereof considering their Microraptor and other theropods in the past), but this will no doubt make a lovely addition to their range. I am definitely curious about the scale, as many have been quite close to or at 1:35 so far. Of course I will definitely be eager to see how this compares with Sede, Doyle, and their previously Wilson (either or).

Edit: Oh boy that price tag. Kind of similar to Papo's Spinosaurus that I got last year (minus the shipping). Granted it could be a long while before I can get around to getting this one anyways, so no big deal for me to worry about right now.

Edit 2: If it is part of the same line the Amargasaurus, etc, is in I guess that may be why?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

It is part of the Dinosaurs Museum line and 345 mm long.
Amazon offers it for USD $66.99 plus shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QRPSFBF/ref=twister_B07MH76Q73?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

suspsy

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/12/19/pnso-to-introduce-new-version-of-t-rex-wilson.html

Good that it's got a support rod, although a shame that it requires one in the first place. As I noted in the CollectA 2021 thread, when it comes to theropods, companies just don't have any ideal solutions when it comes to getting them to stand up on their own.

Also, I think I will wait and see what ED's price tag for Wilson will be. It's too expensive to ship to Canada from Amazon.com and it doesn't even show up on Amazon.ca.

Piltdown 龍

Squeee! A big, fat, scaly tyrannosaurus  8) Be still my beating heart. Just my luck that I placed an order for the previous version of Wilson only the other day  :-[
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

SidB

Definitely a must acquire for me, but not yet. With the lengthy delays now, near Christmas, the huge number of parcels crowding through the mail, and Chinese New Year not so far away, I'll hold off. I've got six other figures in the pipeline, with no sign of any immanent delivery at hand, so any more orders at this point seem futile.

Flaffy

Welp, that's no Zhuchengtyrannus. O:-)

So glad I held off purchasing the previous Wilson. This one is leagues ahead of that sculpt.
Easily a contender for the definitive Tyrannosaurus figure. A big fan of how rugose the postorbital keratin boss is, a distinct feature that I feel isn't quite captured correctly on the majority of Tyrannosaurus figures. I love how robust the figure is too. Giving me "Regina Mundi" vibes. Though I still prefer how Battat's take on these "horns".

Would've preferred lips on this one however. Though it's definitely a minor issue compared to other rex figures out there (wasp waist GnG Tyrannosaurus anyone? ;)). Hope to see more Tyrannosaurs from this line!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on December 19, 2020, 04:25:59 AM
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/12/19/pnso-to-introduce-new-version-of-t-rex-wilson.html

Good that it's got a support rod, although a shame that it requires one in the first place. As I noted in the CollectA 2021 thread, when it comes to theropods, companies just don't have any ideal solutions when it comes to getting them to stand up on their own.

Also, I think I will wait and see what ED's price tag for Wilson will be. It's too expensive to ship to Canada from Amazon.com and it doesn't even show up on Amazon.ca.

Having built many I can attest, bipedal dinosaurs of any kind are huge pain to get to stand. Rods around the belly making a sort of tripod in the best way. Sometimes you can anchor them to a base but then if the ankles are solid enough they will give. There really isn't a good method at all for them.

Little bugged the coloration is so similar..again.

Shonisaurus

I honestly prefer that PNSO tyrannosaurus rex than other tyrannosaurus figures made by other companies, it is on par with genius with the Safari tyrannosaurus, it is without a doubt a pretty scientific tyrannosaurus, an absolute improvement over its Wilson counterpart. It seems that now the dinosaurs will be from the Museum line, then the parasaurolophus and the torosaurus will be somewhat similar in relation to museum collection figures. It's honestly a PNSO company focused only on dinosaurs this year except for the atopodentatus. Great scientific company and a danger to all scientific toy dinosaur companies in the business.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: