News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Here are some more images if anyone hasn't posted these already. My bad if so.

Probably my favorite part of this figure is being able to have a closed mouth Tyrannosaurus. It's not often that we get one, most of the time roaring poses are more appealing to the public.
The comparison with the Pachyrhinosaurus definitely shows why this model/figure is quite high in price.
What a great year for PNSO :))

terrorchicken

he fat  :D

someone needs to do a before and after weight loss ad with this guy and the Rebor Grab and Go rex. ;D

Carnoking

Over9K

Kinda crappy to keep the support rod hidden in the promo photos... bit of a bait 'n switch there...

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: JimoAi on December 19, 2020, 05:53:05 PM
So, the battat tyrannosaurus is now obsolete?
not really it still very 90s, but I will be getting rid of my Battat Tyrannosaurus now, .right get rid of the 2018 CollectA as well.
My least favourite dinosaur, but that new Wilson is a gorgeous Tyrannosaurus. And it's only half an inch longer than the Safari I believe
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

stargatedalek

Regardless of your position or feelings on feathers vs skin vs scales, the scales as depicted here are inaccurate. This is a massive animal and at this size the scales should be too small to see. Making the texture a lot more subtle, like they did with the new hadrosaurs, would have gone a long way.

My ideal Tyrannosaurus would have the bulk of this one, with the pose of the Wild Safari, and (at least) the degree of feathering of PNSO's original vinyl Tyrannosaurus.

I wouldn't be giving away your Battat Tyrannosaurus yet folks.

Sim

For those who think the head's too small, it's based on a small-headed specimen, AMNH 5027: https://www.deviantart.com/drscotthartman/art/Don-t-mess-with-T-rexes-472216626

Gwangi

No one should ever get rid of the Battat Tyrannosaurus, it's one of the best Tyrannosaurus models ever produced and certainly the best one of the 90's-00's. Blasphemy.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on December 19, 2020, 10:40:07 PM
For those who think the head's too small, it's based on a small-headed specimen, AMNH 5027: https://www.deviantart.com/drscotthartman/art/Don-t-mess-with-T-rexes-472216626
Well done, Sim, as usual, for pointing out reality.

Faelrin

Agreed with keeping the Battat one. Still one of the finest Tyrannosaurus models to date, and perhaps more so considering its age now.

I agree with avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek about the large scales. It has been crossing my mind the more I look at it.

avatar_Sim @Sim I was starting to wonder if that was the case but haven't had the chance to double check yet. Sue is a larger headed specimen right?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Since I refuse to ever own my than 5 Tyrannosaurus figures at once, and the only ones expendable are the Battat, the CollectA 2018 and the Favorite Co. Because I'm keeping the Safari Ltd 2017 and the Invicta.
I agree that this Tyrannosaurus is still not perfect, between the huge scales, and the skinny tail, but I have to draw a line.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Flaffy

Not seeing how the PNSO rex has a small head. It matches up with the specimen its based on. I think people are too used to seeing Tyrannosaurus sculpts based on Sue.

Dinoxels

I did some crude photo-bashing and from the looks of it the back of the skull is too flat if we are basing it on AMNH 5027.

I think I may have put the skull a bit too far back but my point still stands.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 20, 2020, 01:18:46 AM
I did some crude photo-bashing and from the looks of it the back of the skull is too flat if we are basing it on AMNH 5027.
*snip*
I think I may have put the skull a bit too far back but my point still stands.

Not just a bit. The orbit of the skull completely misses the eyes of the figure. And I think you've made the skull oversized due to scaling issues.

Maybe you should've used a pic with less of an angle?

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on December 20, 2020, 12:40:16 AM
Not seeing how the PNSO rex has a small head. It matches up with the specimen its based on. I think people are too used to seeing Tyrannosaurus sculpts based on Sue.

Good point, I'd even say referring to Sue, that many people over estimate the size of a Tyrannosaurus skull. Looking through other specimens and references, I take back my comment of the head being small in proportion to the body.

Been seeing people also mention the scales on the figure being inaccurate. I honestly think they are not "too big." I always consider that this is a figure, so I don't expect it to be 100% accurate. In my opinion, I much prefer the scales on this Tyrannosaurus than I do on the old Wilson. Definitely a major improvement, one of the things that bothered me with old Wilson. Lovely job PNSO :)

Flaffy

avatar_acro-man @acro-man Been meaning to ask, do you have any information on this Sinoceratops? I saw it pop up on the PNSO baidu thread, but I get the feeling that it's not by PNSO, nor is it intended to be a PVC figure.

Flaffy

MLMjp

acro-man

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy That's a 3D print made by a new studio called LaiZang as seen in the right bottom corner
I haven't been following the status and development of the GK Chinasaurs, so there's really nothing to tell.
All I know is there are a number of new sculptors springing up this year, more than I can remember. :o
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

I expected that it would stand without a support. I thought that the issue is more likely a long-term problem with the weight of the animal causing warping of the (relatively thin) legs over time.  I've seen this happen many times over the years with plastic theropods.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: