News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Plesiosaur's Neck book

Started by DinoToyForum, February 14, 2020, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subduction

Just ordered my copy from the US Amazon store! Thank goodness because it looks like there are a limited number of copies too.

I won't be getting mine until the end of the month. But when I do, I might be tempted to send my copy overseas for a certain author to sign, haha!  ;)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Mine has arrived today from Amazon. They chucked it in with some more recent orders loose in a big box so I'm hoping the pages aren't damaged. I will open it later.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Subduction on May 07, 2021, 06:44:59 PM
Just ordered my copy from the US Amazon store! Thank goodness because it looks like there are a limited number of copies too.

I won't be getting mine until the end of the month. But when I do, I might be tempted to send my copy overseas for a certain author to sign, haha!  ;)

Thanks for ordering! I hope you enjoy it. I'd be happy to sign a copy for you. :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 07, 2021, 07:14:39 PM
Mine has arrived today from Amazon. They chucked it in with some more recent orders loose in a big box so I'm hoping the pages aren't damaged. I will open it later.

Great! I hope it's not damaged!

HD-man

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 07, 2021, 07:14:39 PMMine has arrived today from Amazon. They chucked it in with some more recent orders loose in a big box so I'm hoping the pages aren't damaged. I will open it later.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Word of advice: If you're gonna order "New" condition books from Amazon itself (as opposed to a 3rd party seller), do so w/"This is a gift" turned on. From my experience, it's the only way to make sure that Amazon properly packs/ships said books.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

laticauda

Looks like I have to get myself a copy.  Looks great.

DinoToyForum

Today, illustrator Adam Larkum decorated the windows of Blackwell's store in Cambridge with characters from The Plesiosaur's Neck!

Newt

I received my books yesterday. They're fabulous!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Newt on May 09, 2021, 01:07:00 PM

I'm so pleased you like it! ^-^

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor did yours arrive?

Halichoeres

Well, aren't Cambridge book shoppers lucky! Very cool window art.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 09, 2021, 03:15:42 PM

Not yet  :-[ Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow . Deutsche Post/DHL is sleeping as always.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 09, 2021, 07:21:17 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 09, 2021, 03:15:42 PM

Not yet  :-[ Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow . Deutsche Post/DHL is sleeping as always.

Here's hoping. :)

Libraraptor

My daughter just called to tell me it has arrived! Now I am sitting at work and the book is at home. Life ain´t fair :-\
But now I have something to look forward to ;)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Great Pictures and beautiful arrangement of the other Books in the Store :)

I mailed Dussmann (The Bookstore located in Berlin), because they did not communicate any further regarding the preordered Book. They told me, that they have problems at the moment, getting copies of the Book. I think Amazon and all the really Big Companys got them first. But its okay, since waiting is something to learn.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 11, 2021, 12:38:44 PM
My daughter just called to tell me it has arrived! Now I am sitting at work and the book is at home. Life ain´t fair :-\
But now I have something to look forward to ;)

Good news!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 11, 2021, 12:49:40 PM
Great Pictures and beautiful arrangement of the other Books in the Store :)

I mailed Dussmann (The Bookstore located in Berlin), because they did not communicate any further regarding the preordered Book. They told me, that they have problems at the moment, getting copies of the Book. I think Amazon and all the really Big Companys got them first. But its okay, since waiting is something to learn.

That's a shame, hopefully you don't have to wait too long.

DinoToyForum

A few reviews of The Plesiosaur's Neck have started to surface!

"I certainly wasn't expecting a rhyming text when I received this book but wow! It really works and is a terrific read aloud."
"Adam Larkum's illustrations are full of fun, adding to the entertainment of what is a smashing exploration." – Red Reading Hub

"Told in playful, rhyming text backed with scientific hypothesis and fact filled boxes, this book strikes the balance between picture book and non fiction book." – My Shelves Are Full

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 11, 2021, 11:17:03 PM

"I certainly wasn't expecting a rhyming text when I received this book but wow! It really works and is a terrific read aloud."
"Adam Larkum's illustrations are full of fun, adding to the entertainment of what is a smashing exploration." – Red Reading Hub

"Told in playful, rhyming text backed with scientific hypothesis and fact filled boxes, this book strikes the balance between picture book and non fiction book." – My Shelves Are Full

The links don't work :o

Finally my copy has arrived!  I am really fond of this book, especially enjoyed the wordplay of the supporting characters :))

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 12, 2021, 05:29:41 AM

The links don't work :o

Finally my copy has arrived!  I am really fond of this book, especially enjoyed the wordplay of the supporting characters :))

Links fixed. I'm glad you like the book!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

That's awesome! Hopefully my review copy arrives in time for me to help boost the release hype!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: