News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I'm currently at school, so I can't join the kickstarter once it releases sadly.
I'll and hop on and join once I get home though, this looks amazing!
An oversized house cat.

Over9K

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on September 22, 2021, 03:58:10 PM
I'm currently at school, so I can't join the kickstarter once it releases sadly.
I'll and hop on and join once I get home though, this looks amazing!
Kickstarter won't be leaving anytime soon. It still has 29 days to go. So no worries you still have time to participate.

I am curious to how much it will receive within these 24 hours. Already see it has reached about $10,000 within 5 minutes.

Quote from: Over9K on September 22, 2021, 04:01:14 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 22, 2021, 03:52:58 PM
Only a few more minutes!!!! Thanks for the link avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin!

"Refresh... dammit... refresh... dammit.... refresh..."

Literally  ;D

CarnotaurusKing

5 minutes and this has already made the same amount of money as the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus Kickstarter has in a month.

Carnoking

Aaaaaaand backed! You could say, I'm "all four" this project  ;)

Also, Cyberzoic for the next line. Sounds fascinating!

Dusty Wren

Less than five minutes, and it's already over $11,000 ;D

Looks like the first stretch goals will be the juvenile rex, Guanlong, Yutyrannus, and Dilong. He doesn't give the order beyond that, but I don't think we'll have a hard time unlocking everything this time around. It was smart of him to release all the rexes in the main campaign.
Check out my customs thread!

Over9K

I'm on for a big rex and a set of the post cards... gonna be a long year of anticipation!

TaranUlas

Can't say I'm surprised. It's Tyrannosaurs and David Silva has proven his reliability on getting product lines out.

Admittedly I'm a little surprised at him leading with purely Tyrannosaurus rex right now. I mean, I still bought the WWD rex, but it is surprising that he led immediately with purely Tyrannosaurus rex. Thankfully for my wallet, it looks like wave 1 is going to be a very light wave for me. Only really the Guanlong and maybe the Juvenile Tyrannosaurus will be on my list.

suspsy

Okay, it's done. I pledged for the Dino-Riders T. rex. Now I wait for a whole year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Over9K

Quote from: TaranUlas on September 22, 2021, 04:09:55 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. It's Tyrannosaurs and David Silva has proven his reliability on getting product lines out.

Admittedly I'm a little surprised at him leading with purely Tyrannosaurus rex right now. I mean, I still bought the WWD rex, but it is surprising that he led immediately with purely Tyrannosaurus rex. Thankfully for my wallet, it looks like wave 1 is going to be a very light wave for me. Only really the Guanlong and maybe the Juvenile Tyrannosaurus will be on my list.

Smart decision, IMO. Use T.rex as the carnival barker, and get the rest of them funded on the back of "The Most Popular Dinosaur In The WooOOOoorld."

Over9K

Stegotyranno420

Kind of wish mesozoic life got this kind of funding. But to be fair, BOTM did better job at organizing

suspsy

$45,402 at 11:24 AM.

That's why Tyrannosaurus rex is the damn king.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on September 22, 2021, 04:24:26 PM
$45,402 at 11:24 AM.

That's why Tyrannosaurus rex is the damn king.
Was just about to say. Almost $50,000 in 30 minutes and the funding is not slowing down.

The wait for these figures is what is going to destroy me....

Dobber

Backed for a 1/18 Standard version Rex and added on a 1/35 WWD Rex.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Over9K

I notice the first four stretch goals have been revealed...

T.rex Juvenile at $200K
Guanlong at $215K
Yutyrannus at $235K
Dilong at $245K

Lynx

I would get the 400 dollar offer, but thats likely a no-no from parents.
Might get the 65 dollar special rex
Which backer reward has the WWD Rex? Theres no labels besides size.
An oversized house cat.

Over9K

Over9K

Quote from: Lynx on September 22, 2021, 04:28:52 PM
I would get the 400 dollar offer, but thats likely a no-no from parents.
Might get the 65 dollar special rex
Which backer reward has the WWD Rex? Theres no labels besides size.

WWD is listed as the 1/35th scale, Special Edition, or SE.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: