News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Very happy it got funded completely, even if I'm only getting the 1:35 T.rex, other collectors deserve to be able to get all figures!

Carnoking

suspsy

Well, that's that. Every single tyrannosaur unlocked. I'm very happy to have been proven wrong! :)

So now we wait. And wait. And wait. And wait . . .
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Over9K

Dobber

Woohoo! Albertosauris pledged for. I really like the Tarbosaurus but the size thing bugs me, just can't cough up the dough for a kind of off scale figure.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Even though I'm not buying any of the Tyrannosaurids I'm happy the last one has been unlocked. A nice successful project
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Awesome! Now its just a little bit of waiting till we have these beauties in our hands! Well done everyone.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Bread on October 21, 2021, 11:44:15 PM
Awesome! Now its just a little bit of waiting till we have these beauties in our hands! Well done everyone.

A little bit? I've been waiting 11 months for my wave 2 ceratopsian...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 22, 2021, 12:26:37 AM
Quote from: Bread on October 21, 2021, 11:44:15 PM

A little bit? I've been waiting 11 months for my wave 2 ceratopsian...
When I say little, I mean less than a 2 year period. I wouldn't categorize this as a long time as production takes time and these of course are prototypes.

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Psittacoraptor

Dobber

Well that's a wrap. Just under $598,000. Congrats everyone.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Fembrogon

Well, this has been satisfying to watch for sure. It's going to feel a little weird not getting these until next year or longer, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Maybe I'll have to finally get a few of the ceratopsians in the meantime (eventually...???).

dinodamage

Good work everyone! That was definitely a nail biter. And big congrats to David and the BotM team!

It's gonna be a long longggg year of waiting, but as someone who has worked in toy production a Sep 2022 turnaround would actually be pretty quick.

suspsy

Well, I "only" pledged for the Dino-Riders T. rex and the Eotyrannus, but that's still by far the most money I've ever spent on dinosaur toys. Here's to September 2022 and 2023!

Psittacoraptor

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-tyrannosaur-series-action-figures/posts/3337815

New Kickstarter update. David is considering adding baby Ceratopsians and baby Tyrannosaurs to Backerkit in the future. I have a set of raptor nestlings and they're great. I'd certainly be interested in Tyrannosaur babies! Sadly no plans for accessory packs like the ones that were released for the raptors, but it's probably not feasible given how big these Tyrannosaur figures are.

suspsy

I'd probably only buy baby tyrannosaurs if they had downy feathers. I can accept an adult T. rex without feathers, but I'm pretty sure hatchlings had them.

Baby ceratopsians would be great if it could fit into the tyrannosaurs' mouths.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on October 24, 2021, 01:24:55 PM
New Kickstarter update. David is considering adding baby Ceratopsians and baby Tyrannosaurs to Backerkit in the future.

Because of the current economic situation in my country, I restricted myself this time to just acquiring two figures: the Yutyrannus and the Dilong.
But, I would be tempted to get some ceratopsian hatchlings.

He also mentioned the possibility of including small prey for the smaller figures. I can imagine a Yinlong accompanying the Guanlong and Eotyrannus along with a Hypsilophodon, but I couldn't imagine which other animals could be paired with the others.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Smilodon P. on October 25, 2021, 12:02:02 AM
He also mentioned the possibility of including small prey for the smaller figures. I can imagine a Yinlong accompanying the Guanlong and Eotyrannus along with a Hypsilophodon, but I couldn't imagine which other animals could be paired with the others.
Maybe some small mammals like in the package art for the Guanlong and Proceratosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: