News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The completed package art for the WWD T. rex is now on Facebook. Looks superb. David Silva says not to read too much into the dead hadrosaur, but I reckon it's just a matter of time before he tackles that family!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on July 29, 2021, 08:04:31 PM
The completed package art for the WWD T. rex is now on Facebook. Looks superb. David Silva says not to read too much into the dead hadrosaur, but I reckon it's just a matter of time before he tackles that family!
its so so so good

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Faelrin

David explained that the Edmontosaurus in the image is just a homage to WWD in the FB comments. Interestingly he also said this figure will have a limited production run, so not just a kickstarter exclusive. And of course the image of it added here (which will be added to the op):

Also sorry I've been behind on sharing these. WIP for the WWD T. rex by Candid Sculpts/Michael Whitworth:

They've also been working on the Guanlong:

I am really loving how these two are turning out so far. Easily on the top portion of my wishlist for sure. Thankfully they'll likely be some of the more affordable ones as well.

Here's also a sneak peak of the Lythronax package artwork by Gabriel Ugueto:

Edit: Just letting folks know I added figure or art counters to the lists in the op, so folks can track the increasing number of things getting done, as the September Kickstarter date approaches.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

The in-progress Tarbosaurus is also coming along nicely, as seen on social media.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinoxels

Quote from: suspsy on July 30, 2021, 07:10:50 PM
The in-progress Tarbosaurus is also coming along nicely, as seen on social media.
I'm drooling at that thing.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Bread

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin do you know if the WWD rex comes with an Edmontosaurus corpse or is it just present in the artwork? Just a little confused if this is just the artwork or not. With that corpse, I'd pay whatever amount for the WWD exclusive rex....

I do prefer the WWD color scheme overall compared to the mass produced, but in the end David did an excellent job. Definitely considering to purchase the rex once its released.

Reuben03

Quote from: Bread on July 30, 2021, 08:32:43 PM
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin do you know if the WWD rex comes with an Edmontosaurus corpse or is it just present in the artwork? Just a little confused if this is just the artwork or not. With that corpse, I'd pay whatever amount for the WWD exclusive rex....

I do prefer the WWD color scheme overall compared to the mass produced, but in the end David did an excellent job. Definitely considering to purchase the rex once its released.
yeah im walking with obsessed so im so getting it if they make a big WWD one

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Yep. Saw it, and so soon after I made my earlier post as well. It's definitely going on my wishlist, but just a matter of when I'll go for it. Here's an image for those wanting to just see it here though:

avatar_Bread @Bread I've seen no inclination of it coming with a corpse. It seems to have just been added as a tribute to the series and/or episode. Perhaps that's something better to ask David directly? It would be nice to see something like that as an accessory added with it, though I imagine it could drive the cost up.

avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Hate to disappoint, but it seems that will be reserved for the 1/35 sculpt currently. It was the winner of a poll asked around on social media a while back. I have more info on that in the op. Perhaps with enough demand maybe he could do one later in the 1/18 scale, but no guarantees. Again it wouldn't hurt to ask him directly.

Reuben03

Quote from: Faelrin on July 30, 2021, 08:56:43 PM
avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Hate to disappoint, but it seems that will be reserved for the 1/35 sculpt currently. It was the winner of a poll asked around on social media a while back. I have more info on that in the op. Perhaps with enough demand maybe he could do one later in the 1/18 scale, but no guarantees. Again it wouldn't hurt to ask him directly.
yes i heard but i saw this on his facebook...

so im holding on to this haha
but wow that tarbosaurus!!!! i want it too it will go perfect with the WWD rex!

Reuben03

reminds me of the beauuutiful WWD tarbosaurus with a bit more of a Walking With rex look!

Bread

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Still only interested in the non-Tyrannosaurids in this line, especially Eotyrannus, but that looks very nice
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Reuben03

Faelrin

avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Now that you kind of point that out, it kind of does. Also huh, that is nice to see he's at least thinking about it, even if for later on.

Reuben03

Quote from: Faelrin on August 01, 2021, 01:55:31 AM
avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Now that you kind of point that out, it kind of does. Also huh, that is nice to see he's at least thinking about it, even if for later on.
yeah!! as a walking with fan it means the world to me! anything to keep the legacy alive i appreciate a lot.

(EXCEPT the 3D Movie. >:()

Carnoking

Say what you will about the 3D dumpster fire of a movie but those gorgon designs were beautiful. Wouldn't mind seeing a color scheme based on that.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on August 01, 2021, 05:01:20 PM
Say what you will about the 3D dumpster fire of a movie but those gorgon designs were beautiful. Wouldn't mind seeing a color scheme based on that.
Pretty sure the Gorgosaurus will have the WWD 3D color scheme. Refer to page 1 of this thread, under concept art. I can't wait to see this prototype along with its colors.

Carnoking

Oh yeah, duh. Totally see some of that WWD aesthetic in that design, and I'm sure that's intentional. That being said, based on the concept art it doesn't look quite as vibrant or feature the same sort of bold pattern work I recall with the WWD version. I get that he bases all of his color schemes off of extant animals (and I don't recall what the Gorgosaurus is based on) but my guess is that he picked one that looked like it had some similarities to the movie dinosaur and tried to strike a balance between the two.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on August 01, 2021, 07:21:47 PM
Oh yeah, duh. Totally see some of that WWD aesthetic in that design, and I'm sure that's intentional. That being said, based on the concept art it doesn't look quite as vibrant or feature the same sort of bold pattern work I recall with the WWD version. I get that he bases all of his color schemes off of extant animals (and I don't recall what the Gorgosaurus is based on) but my guess is that he picked one that looked like it had some similarities to the movie dinosaur and tried to strike a balance between the two.
You're probably spot on about the color decisions for the Gorgosaurus. A good comparison with this figure would be the super articulated movie accurate figure (I don't recall the toy company that made it). A good side by side comparison could really show the slight differences, but a good call by David as this would attract fans of the WWD 3D movie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: