News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Honestly? It's probably better in the long run to help support the Tyrannosaur Kickstarter. Those ceratopsians will still be available to buy later on.

And what I'm REALLY excited about is that both versions of the 1/18 T. rex will be offered right from the start! My money is David Silva's! ;D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Yeah, definitely better to help get the new line off the ground (although given the success of the ceratopsian line, I have 0 doubt the Tyrannosaur line will be hurting for support) but my disappointment stems from how anxious I was to get some of those wave 3 ceratopsians (the Utahcertaops was one of my earliest must-haves). Now I'll have to wait a little longer and I'll miss out on saving some money on the pre-orders. But like you said, it's for all the right reasons.

JohannesB

The Tyrannosaurus will be a real articulated figure, and a success, certainly. Unlike the so-called articulated Sofubi Toy Box Tyrannosaurus (which is far too expensive for what you get). A failure, in more ways than one, even though the sculpt is very nice - it should really not have been articulated as it is, because it is quite useless as an "articulated" figure, but I'll stop now :-X All the more power to David Silva 8)

Faelrin

Yeah this adult T. rex is an absolute unit, and that Triceratops before it was one too. No idea where I would even think of putting something that big, lol.

Good to see we have an official date for it. Hope I can back at least something by then. Guanlong and Yutyrannus might be good starting points, as well as the exclusive 1/35 scale WWD T. rex.

This year is going to be tough especially end of the year with everything there is coming out right now (especially if PNSO keeps on delivering), and of course people needing to choose between Wave 3 ceratopsians, etc, and these.

Edit: Put the date in the op, and the title to make people more aware now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I also wonder what other tyrannosaurs will be in the first wave. I have a feeling that the 1/35 T. rex might be held back for a later one. Yutyrannus would definitely be a strong candidate. And perhaps one of the smaller tyrannosauroids like Guanlong.

Psittacoraptor

Yeah, this line will have zero problems getting funded. I supported the raptor kickstarter, bought two raptors, an accessory set, and a set of nestlings. Those were the first and only dinosaur models I bought until this year. I probably won't be supporting this kickstarter in the beginning and preorder some time closer to release. With the raptors my customs office didn't believe that someone would pay so far in advance for something, so they thought the invoice I showed them was fake... It's not like it was cheap, if I tried to show them a fake invoice, I wouldn't put that high an amount on it! They eventually gave me the package after arguing back and forth for a while. I'd rather not have to do that again, haha.

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on June 23, 2021, 02:47:17 AM
I have a feeling that the 1/35 T. rex might be held back for a later one.
I hope that´s not the case, since that it is the only reason why I am here and I would like to acquire it at soon as posible.

Concavenator

Quote from: MLMjp on June 23, 2021, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: suspsy on June 23, 2021, 02:47:17 AM
I have a feeling that the 1/35 T. rex might be held back for a later one.
I hope that´s not the case, since that it is the only reason why I am here and I will like to acquire at soon as posible.

And the only reason why I'm here is for the small basal tyrannosaurs. Would be great if they came out in the 1st wave as they will be the most affordable figures.

suspsy

Well, the two Triceratops certainly weren't released in the same wave, so it seems likely the two T. rexes won't either. As always, we shall have to wait and see. I can certainly understand the anticipation.

Flaffy

New pic on Facebook. Tarbosaurus isn't as large as I expected, though consistent with smaller specimens. Still a bit miffed that it didn't recieve it's own unique body sculpt/mould (which would've offered up the perfect opportunity to do a Zhuchengtyrannus later down the line), though on the other hand, a smaller figure = a cheaper figure.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on June 23, 2021, 05:34:20 PM
New pic on Facebook. Tarbosaurus isn't as large as I expected, though consistent with smaller specimens. Still a bit miffed that it didn't recieve it's own unique body sculpt/mould (which would've offered up the perfect opportunity to do a Zhuchengtyrannus later down the line), though on the other hand, a smaller figure = a cheaper figure.

EDIT: just saw David confirm on Facebook that the smaller unpainted tyrannosaur is indeed Tarbosaurus. Looks promising.

Also, while the colour schemes for the tyrannosaurs aren't as bright and vivid as the ceratopsians, they're still going to be the most colourful tyrannosaurs any company has ever produced.  ^-^

EmperorDinobot

Flaffy

Gallery for the unpainted 1/18th scale Tyrannosaurus is up on FB, along with a few sneak peaks of the other offerings in the series: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=BeastSculptKit&set=a.4912210172127482

I think it's safe to say that Winter Wilson has been dethroned.

Flaffy

Blade-of-the-Moon

suspsy

It looks even better than I had hoped . . . and it's not even painted yet.

Bring on 2022!

ITdactyl

'bet I'm not the only one contacting 3d modeler friends and trying to come up with Dino-Riders armor for these guys...

*when everything you've wished for as a child materializes when you're already a prune.... ;D

Shonisaurus

Honestly that tyrannosaurus looks great, I can't see the whole finished figure with the paint. I suppose that in the next few years BoTM will start to manufacture new series of dinosaurs, like stegosaurids?

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Flaffy on June 30, 2021, 06:32:42 PM

All those big boys, and it's still the Guanlong that catches my eyes the most. Can't wait to see it painted.

suspsy

With all the justifiable thrill over the big boy, I haven't seen anyone praise the little one. Those colours look great!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: