News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Not gonna lie: as much as I appreciate what the WWD series achieved, I've never cared for the T. rex design, including its colour scheme.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on August 01, 2021, 08:39:33 PM
Not gonna lie: as much as I appreciate what the WWD series achieved, I've never cared for the T. rex design, including its colour scheme.
You are definitely not alone on this. The design of the rex on WWD has always been pointed out to be "odd" (if thats a good word to describe it), plus many are not a fan of it.

For me at least, the  reason I do like the color scheme is due to the concept of a bright color around the neck or head followed by dark or earthy colors on the rest of the body. As seen in the prototype images, I think this color scheme works well with this model, especially compared to the original WWD model.

Edit: My plan at least is to purchase the WWD 1/35 rex followed by the mass produced 1/35 rex to portray maybe a male/female duo.

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on August 01, 2021, 08:39:33 PM
while im the opposite i totally can see why!
but yeah it really is my all-time favourite series and has my all time favourite designs, i just hope we get a 1/18th WWD rex...

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Bread

Although we are ways away from being able to purchasing these figures, will the line be sold through DansDinosaurs?

I am assuming so since the raptor and ceratopsian lines are available there, but I know you can never be sure of anything. Plus I'd like to know if this has been confirmed as I may just only focus on pledging for the kickstarter exclusive WWD rex (assuming this kickstarter gets funded enough).

Reuben03

Quote from: Bread on August 02, 2021, 05:12:38 AM
Plus I'd like to know if this has been confirmed as I may just only focus on pledging for the kickstarter exclusive WWD rex (assuming this kickstarter gets funded enough).
i have a feeling it will...

if i can find a new job in time i will be sure to tip in some cash!

Concavenator

Although we are ways away from being able to purchasing these figures, will the line be sold through DansDinosaurs?

I am assuming so since the raptor and ceratopsian lines are available there, but I know you can never be sure of anything. Plus I'd like to know if this has been confirmed as I may just only focus on pledging for the kickstarter exclusive WWD rex (assuming this kickstarter gets funded enough).
As you mention, since they stock their 2 other series, I think it's safe to assume they will stock the tyrannosaur series as well, though if you really want to be sure you could try to ask Dan.

ITdactyl

Hey team, my query might veer a bit off topic but I was hoping for some advice.

I haven't been able to support the BotM campaign directly. My 2 BotM "raptors" were beat up, hand-me-down gifts. Plans for any of the ceratopsians were derailed by covid.

To the point, what would be the best course of action if I only want the Yutyrannus from this 3rd series? Is it safe to just wait for the stores to carry it, or is supporting the kickstarter an expected obligation?

Flaffy

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 02, 2021, 07:10:54 PM

I haven't been able to support the BotM campaign directly. My 2 BotM "raptors" were beat up, hand-me-down gifts. Plans for any of the ceratopsians were derailed by covid.

To the point, what would be the best course of action if I only want the Yutyrannus from this 3rd series? Is it safe to just wait for the stores to carry it, or is supporting the kickstarter an expected obligation?

I suggest supporting the project in whatever way you feel most comfortable with. There's no way that a BotM Tyrannosaur series would flop, so waiting until one's financial situation offers the opportunity to indulge in personal hobbies is definitely a viable option.

Carnoking

There isn't a doubt in my mind that this series will be funded and then some. I actually didn't fund either myself because I didn't think it was something I'd be interested in (then I got my first ceratopsian  :P) Anyway, I think the only reason you'd need to fund the campaign is if you're after one of the exclusives.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on August 02, 2021, 03:59:47 PM

As you mention, since they stock their 2 other series, I think it's safe to assume they will stock the tyrannosaur series as well, though if you really want to be sure you could try to ask Dan.
Thank you, that's a good idea. I'll shoot him an email closer to when the kickstarter launches. I doubt Dan will say they won't be stocking the Tyrannosaur line, but to be on the safe side I'd like to make sure they will be.

stargatedalek

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 02, 2021, 07:10:54 PM

The Kickstarter is a better deal for Americans who can back it to save costs, but has high international shipping costs making it a better idea for the rest of us to usually wait it out.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on August 02, 2021, 07:33:35 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 02, 2021, 03:59:47 PM

Thank you, that's a good idea. I'll shoot him an email closer to when the kickstarter launches. I doubt Dan will say they won't be stocking the Tyrannosaur line, but to be on the safe side I'd like to make sure they will be.

Can't imagine why Dan wouldn't stock the tyrannosaurs, not unless David Silva deliberately graffitied his house, keyed his car, and fed rancid meat to his dog.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ITdactyl

'appreciate the replies. I'll just wait for the stores to stock fluffnugget then... ;D

Reuben03

Quote from: suspsy on August 02, 2021, 09:31:08 PM
Can't imagine why Dan wouldn't stock the tyrannosaurs, not unless David Silva deliberately graffitied his house, keyed his car, and fed rancid meat to his dog.

LMAO

Faelrin

The adult 1/18th T. rex is finished now!

I'm so proud to see this line come so far, and now lead to this, especially as a backer of the very first kickstarter in 2016. It's a truly amazing accomplishment.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

What a beauty! Now I don't have room for this beast so I will be resorting to the 1/35th option (both WWD and mass produced model). But wow!!! I can't wait to see dioramas or photos with this and the 1/18th Adult Triceratops. David is doing such a great job.

Bread

That Dryptosaurus may in fact be an automatic pickup if the colors come out well on the prototype. Really can't wait to see this one finished.

Really just excited to get my hands on most of these!

Faelrin

Definitely curious to see the final sculpt. It's certainly the most unique in the line with a sort of Kulindadromeus type of look. I'm also looking forward to this one as it sports the coloration of the Harris Hawk, one of my favorite birds.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

WalkingWithBeasts

i have a feeling it will...

if i can find a new job in time i will be sure to tip in some cash!

Same here,

I need to find a job to be able to fund my continued plastic prehistoric animal obsession lmao
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: