News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

;D ;D ;D

I can already hear the 3d print crowd hard at work - designing the .stl files for the DR armor.

CarnotaurusKing

The time is nigh

Faelrin

It looks really good. Can't believe we are about a week away from it launching now. With that coming so soon I'll withhold editing the op until it launches. From there I'll probably add info pertaining to prices, stretch goals, etc, with a direct link to the kickstarter front and center, aside from more images as usual.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Thank you avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin for keeping the thread's first post updated. Really helpful and definitely going to need it when the kickstarter is active.

I can avoid the Dino Riders color scheme as it is something I am unfamiliar with, plus this one will be 1/18th scale and I am unable to properly display it.

With the kickstarter exclusives topic being mentioned with this Dino Riders color scheme, does David have these exclusives marked at a higher price compared to their non exclusive variants in the kickstarter? I was not around when the Ceratopsian kickstarter was launched.

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on September 14, 2021, 01:29:02 PM
With the kickstarter exclusives topic being mentioned with this Dino Riders color scheme, does David have these exclusives marked at a higher price compared to their non exclusive variants in the kickstarter? I was not around when the Ceratopsian kickstarter was launched.

Yes, the KS exclusive Dino Riders Monoclonius was more expensive at $50 as opposed to $45 for the rest of the Body 2 ceratopsians (e.g. Diabloceratops, Nasutoceratops, Avaceratops etc.).

So I believe it is likely that the KS exclusives for the Tyrannosaur series will have a small premium as their production runs are smaller than the other offerings. IIRC David wanted to change up how KS exclusives work this time around, the word he used was "limited". Maybe this time, only a set number of figures (KS exclusives) will be produced, as opposed to them being made to order which was the case in the previous 2 crowdfunding campaigns.

Flaffy

Flaffy

Since the BotM Daspletosaurus shares the same arms with Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus, it unfortunately results in the forearms being too small to accurately represent known fossil material.

Comparison between fellow Body 4 Tyrannosaurs: Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus respectively. Notice how Daspletosaurus has enlarged forearms compared to the other two tyrannosaurids.

Carnoking

Still, a very pretty head sculpt, and if the paint job turns out looking as good as the gorgosaurus, I'll be all over this one.

suspsy

Seven more days till the Kickstarter! And it's confirmed: Ezra Tucker has done the package artwork for the Dino-Riders T. rex! Can't wait to see it!

https://www.facebook.com/113487525333128/posts/5149719195043244/?d=n
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Over9K

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are three different colorways for the 1/18th scale T.rex, the standard Earth-tones, the Dino-Riders and the Walking With Dinosaurs.

The standard will be available to all, but the other two are Kickstarter Exclusives? Will we have the ability to reserve them both on the 22nd?

suspsy

The WWD scheme is only for the Kickstarter exclusive 1/35 scale T. rex.

Faelrin

avatar_Over9K @Over9K David had said that these will be limited production runs this time, versus strictly just kickstarter exclusives. I imagine it will be first come first serve, with kickstarter backers having first dibs (and rightly so). I guess we'll know more once it launches next week, and as of today that's 7 days from now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Thank you both, suspsy and Faelrin!

I guess it's gauntlets and lances next week, then! Tally ho!

suspsy

When the previous two BotM Kickstarters launched, what was the precise time of day that they commenced? I'm presuming that David isn't intending to launch this one right at 12:00 AM on the 22.

Dinoxels

Quote from: suspsy on September 16, 2021, 02:25:10 AM
When the previous two BotM Kickstarters launched, what was the precise time of day that they commenced? I'm presuming that David isn't intending to launch this one right at 12:00 AM on the 22.
David confirmed the other day that it will be at 11am EST.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoxels on September 16, 2021, 10:25:03 AM

Great, thanks!

Bread

That's good news. I was worried I would have to stay awake throughout the night waiting for the kickstarter to drop. I am worried with the exclusives being limited based and not made to order that they will sell out in a heartbeat.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on September 16, 2021, 08:33:59 PM
That's good news. I was worried I would have to stay awake throughout the night waiting for the kickstarter to drop. I am worried with the exclusives being limited based and not made to order that they will sell out in a heartbeat.

I'll definitely be sitting in front of the laptop at 11am sharp next Wednesday.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on September 16, 2021, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 16, 2021, 08:33:59 PM

I'll definitely be sitting in front of the laptop at 11am sharp next Wednesday.
Same, I presume the 1/35th WWD will be sold out soon after the kickstarter launches. It being the smaller scale and limited run, I hope it does not result in a lot of resellers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: