News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

ALso made a slightly updated Erythosuchus with better/worse? lighting. Hope you enjoy

Stegotyranno420

*offer cancelled*

Stegotyranno420

Kinda losing motivation for art. Is there anyway I can make it better? I would love to know. Please

Stegotyranno420

Majungasaurus Cretatissimus:

Do you prefer my paper sketches or digital drawings?
How can i make my art better so more people will enjoy?
What should i improve on?

Stegotyranno420

Here is the video link, make sure to check it and support the channel by subscribing
https://youtu.be/4Q-s6BE7wQY

Stegotyranno420

Hi all, at this point im pretty much talking to my self, but I remastered my old kronosaurus

Newt

Good stuff! The pattern on that Majungasaurus is beautifully understated.

I hear you on motivation. I know it can be demoralizing when you put your work out there and don't get the feedback you crave. You just have to try not to take such things to heart; it doesn't mean your work isn't good, or even that others aren't looking at it and enjoying it. I know I often don't give feedback on things I like, either because I don't have time or I don't want to just say, "Good job!" because I have nothing insightful to add.

Re: light and shade - Here's a suggestion for a really helpful way to get better with this subject. Set up one of your dinosaur figures in a bare spot and shine a single bright light on the figure (similar to your photos of your repainted figures). Now draw what you see! There is really no better way to learn than drawing from real 3-D objects in real space.

Stegotyranno420

Thanks avatar_Newt @Newt , y'know, i hope you don't think I wanted to crave attention, I'm not like that. I find it helpful when someone can tell me what I'm doing great and bad, so I could steer my c-ART to the right direction.
So thanks for the tip.
And sometimes I just feel lonely and want to talk to someone(not sure if that counts as attention crave, which I believe is when you just want to the on the top page of snapchat or some of those social things I don't know bout.), and I just love talking with you guys.

Thanks very much for the tip btw, i heard that how Charles R Knight and James Gurney made some of their art.

Reuben03

you really been at it posting loads lately! lots of art for us to enjoy.
if you want a tip? i'd say make em fatter! especially your marine reptiles.
get em nice and fat and thick and blubbery and maybe read up on cetacean colour schemes too to get an idea for a realistic paint job to give them.
awesome job man, great stuff!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 27, 2021, 09:43:56 AM
you really been at it posting loads lately! lots of art for us to enjoy.
if you want a tip? i'd say make em fatter! especially your marine reptiles.
get em nice and fat and thick and blubbery and maybe read up on cetacean colour schemes too to get an idea for a realistic paint job to give them.
awesome job man, great stuff!
Oh man thanks man I knew you will come back, been missing you bro!!

Stegotyranno420

Tyrannosaurus Rex: The (Belated) Finale to February
I'm sorry I made this. I understand lots of folks hate this guy, and that's okay, you are entitled to your opinion. 
So besides that, here it is, the Tyrant Lizard King!(not the JP Monster)

Enhanced Quality Edition

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 01, 2021, 06:25:07 PM
I'm sorry I made this. I understand lots of folks hate this guy, and that's okay, you are entitled to your opinion. 
im quite a rex fan! i love them for their fat and big brains ;D
i'd love to see one of these with extra flab and WWD colours!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on March 01, 2021, 06:34:28 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 01, 2021, 06:25:07 PM
im quite a rex fan! i love them for their fat and big brains ;D
i'd love to see one of these with extra flab and WWD colours!
Yes indeed, folks often forget Tyrannosaurus was the nerd of the Mega Theropods, the rest were comparatively "dumb jocks"
hehe
And yeah I will maybe try a "repaint" of this guy as the WWD one.

Stegotyranno420

Hi everyone, i made a graph for all dinosaurs made from February(i know tyrannosaurus was posted March 1 but it was made Feb 28)

Stegotyranno420

Also heres the video of the Tyrannosaurus Speedpaint
https://youtu.be/oP4kyfYDQPc

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 02, 2021, 07:01:57 PM
Hi everyone, i made a graph for all dinosaurs made from February(i know tyrannosaurus was posted March 1 but it was made Feb 28)

OOOO I LOVE IT

Stegotyranno420

Thanks avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Man i am loving this day, im chatting with 2 of my best friends!

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 02, 2021, 08:01:49 PM
Thanks avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 Man i am loving this day, im chatting with 2 of my best friends!
thats great! good for you man ^-^

Stegotyranno420

Hey avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03
For march, im gonna start doing art of members who want to be made in my style'
You up for it?

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 02, 2021, 08:22:56 PM
Hey avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03
For march, im gonna start doing art of members who want to be made in my style'
You up for it?
oo yes!!! im a big fat mosasaur with tegu jowls!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: