News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Bread @Bread thanks so much.

I made the Tethyhadros in Sketchpad too, so I ask which is better?

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you, I'm flattered to hear that! If you just keep going I'm sure you'll get there!
Just always remember to try out new techniques and find brushes and styles that really click for you.

In terms of colors and the way the dark stripes blend I prefer the brownish one, but the green one looks also really good!

Stegotyranno420

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor thanks for the insight sir. How about on textures and realisticness
Sorry if I'm asking too much, its just I believe you may be wiser on the topic on art since you are an amazing professional.

Stegotyranno420

I'm taking commissions now!  Private message me for a commission piece.
$5:basic side view (Additional $2 if you wish to pick species)
$10: Full landscape +Dinosaur scene(Additional $2 if you wish to pick species)
Additional $1.50+ shipping for printed out piece
We can negotiate if you want

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 01, 2021, 10:12:29 PM
avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor thanks for the insight sir. How about on textures and realisticness
Sorry if I'm asking too much, its just I believe you may be wiser on the topic on art since you are an amazing professional.

Don't feel bad for asking! (And I'm far from a professional, I'm just doing this as a hobby and somehow weaseling through lol, but thank you!)
In terms of textures I can recommend checking out different brushes for your drawing program of choice and just experimenting and trying things out, good reference images always help a lot there.
Realism soooort of goes hand in hand with that, though I think there's no real trick for that? Like just a mix of good references, going for accuracy and trying out all kinds of brushes and tools until you find some that work well for you is kinda the way towards that.
And maybe some general tip that often helped me and my perfectionism: If you ever are unhappy with how a painting goes or if you're hung up on a detail, take a step back and take a break for a few hours or longer, for me, once I get back to it then I sort of have a "fresh view" of the painting again, if that makes sense.

Stegotyranno420

Why thanks very much my friend, it really helped, I got some new scale texture ideas, and they worked well on my Monolophosaurus Jiangi Prototype

(I will add a dark background so the glowy eyes are more realistic)

Stegotyranno420

Monolophosaurus Jiangi:
A large male is looking for a mate. He makes a loud call and flushes his crest, which gives an illusion of blue color. This area he is in right now is , despite the lack of animals, is teaming with life, and is a haven for plants and microbes.

Yes I know, its not a dark habitat, but I didn't like that idea so I changed it

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Its very nice to see it in scene. Feels like a real animal
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Thanks, i feel like im getting the hang of this portraits

Acrocanthosaurus Atokensis( I kind of don't like the teeth, but still fine) Made on Sketchpad. I will try to make sketchbook rendition tomorrow

Stegotyranno420

I have a GRIPE with this dinosaur:

Jokes aside, i also am making a scene of two oviraptorids nesting, here is the male. A bit unhappy, as the original turned out far better but when I was almost done, the program malfunctions and I have to start back on square one(more accurately square 7 assuming there's 10 squares, but that's not catchy at all)

Stegotyranno420

I made the male a female companion:

Here is the final scene, might remake it using an AI generate landscape rather than one made from scratch

Stegotyranno420

Acrocanthosaurus Atokensis (version two, iPad version)

I honestly think it's based on which one I make after, rather than the program, Laptop  Tethyhadros was much better than IPad Tethyhadros, vice versa with the Acrocanthosaurus

Stegotyranno420

Suchomimus Tenerensis
Made on IPad

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Skecthpad (Laptop) version of Suchomimus tenerensis

Libraraptor

I like fat,  bulky theropods.

Stegotyranno420

Gryposaurus and Suchomimus videos are up on my channel

Stegotyranno420

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: