News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

In the mean time while I try fixing the poll, here is some progress on the therizinosaurus. I still gotta do a lot, so sorry if it's bad, I'm only 13 and I have no sculpting experience .

Syndicate Bias

For a 13 year old and basically anybody else that hasn't sculpted at least a couple times, yours is actually really good. Just continue to practice you seem to have artistic potential given how good this one is.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 02, 2021, 07:06:08 AM
For a 13 year old and basically anybody else that hasn't sculpted at least a couple times, yours is actually really good. Just continue to practice you seem to have artistic potential given how good this one is.
Thanks, and also sorry about arguing with you about me posting to much on the Papo 2021 thread, I will try to limit unnecessary posting

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 02, 2021, 08:09:20 AM
Thanks, and also sorry about arguing with you about me posting to much on the Papo 2021 thread, I will try to limit unnecessary posting

No need to apologise I'd prefer to leave it in the past bud.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 02, 2021, 08:20:30 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 02, 2021, 08:09:20 AM

No need to apologise I'd prefer to leave it in the past bud.
Thanks bro.

Reuben03

dude its like fred wierum quality! nice job!!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

irimali

You've made a nice little scene here.  The Therizinosaurus has a great bird-like expression on its face.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's a lovely Therizinosaurus sculpt
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Thanks everyone, I was trying to make it very bird like,  and I'm glad you all liked it so far

Libraraptor

I like that Therizinosaurus sculpt!

Bread

Very nice Therizinosaurus, are you planning to paint the sculpt?
Also, you should be very proud of your sculpting skills, it does indeed look wonderful especially for no sculpting experience.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on January 02, 2021, 08:41:57 PM
Very nice Therizinosaurus, are you planning to paint the sculpt?
Also, you should be very proud of your sculpting skills, it does indeed look wonderful especially for no sculpting experience.
To be fair, it's has a lot of lumps and bumps and the details are very subtle, but it still looks a tiny bit better in life.
Yes this will be painted, and maybe on my shop(I can provide a link if you want)

Stegotyranno420

Hey everyone, after being inspired by ? @Stolpergeist , i wanted to make some of my own paleoart. Sorry if they are bad, im just 13 and i dont have much expierence in art and design tho im very passionate about it. I also included speculative documentary lines

Kronosaurus: A true titan of the seas, this large male specimen searches for mates through a strange form of vocalization, similar to birdsong, but much deeper. This is also found in whales, especially the large baleen types.

Monoykus: She runs across the hot desert searching for her nest. She must get there as fast as possible, as the Sun today is rapidly heating the surface of this badland. In her mouth, she has food for her offspring. When she gets there, the mother will regurgitate the food from her mouth to her children, like some modern birds.

Juvenile Albertosaurus: Young Albert is a very cocky juvenile. He likes to go around and attack random animals in a form of play. However, he usually runs back to his pack, as even the smallest critters, like this primitive mammal that came out of her burrow, startles him. On the bright side, he is growing fast, and soon he will join his father and brother on dangerous hunts.

Stegotyranno420

Sorry if they are bad, im just 13 and i dont have much expierence in art and design tho im very passionate about it. I also included speculative documentary lines
Ekrixinatosaurus: This large male is going on a morning stroll. Nothing dramatic. He is not hungry nor angry, so there is no need to attack anything. Its actually very usual for large theropods to go on regular morning strolls and to not try to kill everything.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 05, 2021, 10:10:11 AM
Your drawings are very good actually.
Also please don't refer to me as "a friend", I am ten years older than you.
Sorry about that, although i personally think its fine for a young one to be friends with an older one. I am amongst the youngest members in the forums and all of my friends(i hope) range in age, from 20-50.
Do you have any tip on how to make it look bettter. I always showed these to my brother, who gave me an honest opinion of mediocre, so i want to improve, after all, all these sketches are from day 1

Reuben03

hey dude! you did a great job they're sooo cool. maybe draw some mating displays, symbiosis or perhaps some background species, some fish or sharks or turtles or birds or lizards or whatever that existed at the time. awesome job.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on January 05, 2021, 05:27:23 PM
hey dude! you did a great job they're sooo cool. maybe draw some mating displays, symbiosis or perhaps some background species, some fish or sharks or turtles or birds or lizards or whatever that existed at the time. awesome job.
I will try today. Im kinda tired today, but i believe after some time i will get to work. How can i improve the actual art without adding things like paint, i dont have much paint to spare, let alone painting skill

DinoToyForum

Looking good!

A little feedback on the Kronosaurus: you've put the eyes a bit too far back. Here's a reconstruction of the skull for reference (the orbits are the largest black holes):

Stegotyranno420

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum  thanks very much for the advice, i will update it through photoshop by using your reference material.

Velociraptor chick: This is easily mistakable for a bird, but while it is related to birds, this is the ferocious velociraptor as a hatchling. However, this genus of dromaeosaurs are not very large or powerful, they are usually just small opportunist. The ferocious beast we know velociraptor as is Deinonychus, a man-sized killer. But if you look at small predators of today such as cats and foxes, you'd realize that despite their killer claws and deadly jaws, they spend much of their time resting or playing. It might have been the same for these similarly sized predators.

Like i said earlier, sorry if it looks bad, I'm 13 and I have no professional experience so yeah.

Reuben03

nice job! snout is a little longer and the tail is more pronounced but, i love it

this should be a good reference for baby Dromaeosaur wings, i like to use the baby hoatzin anyway. keep drawing! love your work.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: