News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 15, 2012, 11:18:30 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 15, 2012, 11:17:01 PM
Quote from: mmfrankford on December 15, 2012, 09:38:32 PM
I placed an order with the site mentioned. When I do get the set, there will be some of the figures I'm not interested in and will offer for sell or trade on here. These are the plesiosaur, pteranodon, brachiosaurus,  velociraptor and the feathered (green) T. rex.  ;)

To me the Plesiosaurus is the best on the market and I would never give it away ;) ;D.

Looks a lot like the first one though doesn't it ? Same with the pteranodon.

Yes - UNTIL YOU SEE IT CLOSE UP.  The Plesiosaurus is absolutely a masterpiece - the head is perfect and teeth visible.

Anyway, folks, this entire set was sculpted by Kazunari Araki.  That by itself warrants keeping the set for completeness.

mmfrankford

Hmm.. I'll wait and see. However the velociraptor is well..yuck..to me. Blade, I will definitely keep you in mind. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on December 15, 2012, 11:50:00 PM
Hmm.. I'll wait and see. However the velociraptor is well..yuck..to me. Blade, I will definitely keep you in mind. :)

I like the asian dragon or foo dog look to him though..  ^-^

Gwangi

Quote from: mmfrankford on December 15, 2012, 09:38:32 PM
I placed an order with the site mentioned. When I do get the set, there will be some of the figures I'm not interested in and will offer for sell or trade on here. These are the plesiosaur, pteranodon, brachiosaurus,  velociraptor and the feathered (green) T. rex.  ;)

Do you live in the U.S.? If so could you tell me how much the shipping was?

Takama

I bealeive shes from the UK

mmfrankford

Nope, I live in the US in Ohio. I'm still waiting for the shipping quote, though I'm guessing in the $20 range. I'll let you know more when I get the final quote.

Takama

ok, Must of mistaken you for someone else(Yipes)

Gwangi

Quote from: mmfrankford on December 16, 2012, 02:09:34 AM
Nope, I live in the US in Ohio. I'm still waiting for the shipping quote, though I'm guessing in the $20 range. I'll let you know more when I get the final quote.

That would be great. Thanks.

DinoToyForum

Agh!  :o

Papo Dimetrodon  8)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 17, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Yaaay new Papo! *hyperventilates*

From what I can see, it's lookin pretty good.

Ikessauro

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 17, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Just plain awesome! I only hope it's now all we'll get for 2013.

Pangolinmoth

:o :o :o

Ikessauro

Quote from: Pangolinmoth on December 17, 2012, 08:15:38 PM

Now, that's what I'm talking about! If Papo just had on more really weird critter to unveil, 2013 would be perfect!

CM

Fantastic!  Don't even care about the inevitable litany of inaccuracies we should be getting any minute now. :)

anchry6

Thank you for hearing our prayers. AMEN.   O:-)

:D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 17, 2012, 08:18:00 PM
Quote from: Pangolinmoth on December 17, 2012, 08:15:38 PM

Now, that's what I'm talking about! If Papo just had on more really weird critter to unveil, 2013 would be perfect!
Even though it's looking very Dinosaur influenced...I want it.

Are those neutral palms I see there, too?

CityRaptor

Seems like the palms are indeed neutral.

Now those are awesome! Not accurate, but awesome.
I think the Carno is also more accurate than the Schleich one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: CM on December 17, 2012, 08:20:21 PM
Fantastic!  Don't even care about the inevitable litany of inaccuracies we should be getting any minute now. :)

These figures certainly look impressive! The Dimetrodon looks very much alive, and that sail is to die for....The Carnotaurus looks amazing, has great movement....

...I wonder how accurate these figures really are, relatively speaking  >:D >:D...Perhaps the arms are a bit long...

I think someone would have to go out of their way (in terms of intrinsic hatred towards Papo) to truly dismiss these figures, no?

DinoToyForum

suspsy

Oh yeah. I am very, very happy right now. :)

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: