News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CM

Why are we acting all fatalistic about Papo now?  They haven't revealed ANY releases yet, as far as I know, so why are we suddenly speculating that they're not doing any new dinos? :)

sauroid

people are just dreading the possibility that Papo wont release anything for 2013.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CM

Quote from: sauroid on December 08, 2012, 04:20:22 PM
people are just dreading the possibility that Papo wont release anything for 2013.

I know, I'm just saying we need to keep positive. :)  Until they start revealing all their other releases and we find there are no new dinos, we gotta fan the flames of hope! :)

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 06, 2012, 07:36:24 PM
Hi all. Doug Watson, one of Safari's sculptors, emailed me with a few comments in response to some of the queries above. I'm happy to pass them on:
4. As for Pixelboy and his "pronated" comments for the hands of my Diabloceratops as with all of my horned dinos I use the paper Thompson, S., and R. Holmes. 2007. FORELIMB STANCE AND STEP CYCLE IN CHASMOSAURUS IRVINENSIS (DINOSAURIA: NEOCERATOPSIA) PALAEO-ELECTRONICA.ORG"

I took a look at that paper, and it's rather good with regard to forelimb posture - however, it's about five years old, so it's missing some relevant research regarding hand posture. As clarified in this article by Shin-Ichi Fujiwara, ceratopsian hands faced outward in a semi-supinate manner:
A reevaluation of the manus structure in Triceratops (Ceratopsia: Ceratopsidae), Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Volume 29, Issue 4, 2009.

suspsy

Quote from: CM on December 08, 2012, 01:49:38 PM
Why are we acting all fatalistic about Papo now?  They haven't revealed ANY releases yet, as far as I know, so why are we suddenly speculating that they're not doing any new dinos? :)

Now watch Papo announce that, for 2013, they will only be releasing a Plateosaurus.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

That i would have trouble believing if it turned out to be true. Then again, A Woolly Rhino is one i had trouble believing too.

Papo, Please reveal your new goods, I'm getting impatient >:(  :P

also,   you all should remember that last year, all that was showed to us, was a picture of the Tylosaurus and it caused people to worry that it would be a boring year. That is until someone got a Brown T-Rex Running from Canada and then someone asked there local supleir about upcomeing realeases and found out that there first ever sauropod was comeing.

Now i read on another forum that Some french retailer recevied a list of all of Papos upcomeing realeses. Which one it is, i dont know, but im keeping an eye out.

ajax

Something keeps telling me Papo will release a Carno next year, I don't know what this 'something' is but we will soon know.
Would be great if its true.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ajax on December 10, 2012, 05:42:32 AM
Something keeps telling me Papo will release a Carno next year, I don't know what this 'something' is but we will soon know.

Talk about killing Schleich.. lol

I'd be all for a Carno by Papo.

therizinosaurus

This Mojo figures look really nice...I'll have to try to pick those up

Bokisaurus

Quote from: therizinosaurus on December 10, 2012, 05:48:38 PM
This Mojo figures look really nice...I'll have to try to pick those up

Hey, you are back! ;D We miss you! ;)

CityRaptor

I love how you discredit them doing a Whooly Rhino.  But yes, for those who don't collect mammals, it would basically be like that if they did no release any Saurians...

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 10, 2012, 05:54:00 AM
Quote from: ajax on December 10, 2012, 05:42:32 AM

Talk about killing Schleich.. lol

I'd be all for a Carno by Papo.

Would be awesome. And knowing people, Schleich's Carno would still sell.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 13, 2012, 12:12:46 PM

I love how you discredit them doing a Whooly Rhino.  But yes, for those who don't collect mammals, it would basically be like that if they did no release any Saurians...

oh dont assume that i dont like prehistoric mammals. i was actually referring to Papo possibly not releasing any DINOSAURS next year. it is spelled wOOlly rhino btw.  ;) ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pawnosuchus

I'm worried that I must be getting jaded. The only 2013 figure that really peaks my interest is the WS Gryposaurus. I'm just not that excited about anything else. Especially disappointed with the CollectA offerings. Maybe as they get closer to being available  my interest will rise. The Papo Wooly Rhino is  mildly intriquing. I've been collecting a looonnng time and this year the offerings just seem ordinary.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on December 13, 2012, 07:22:17 PM
I'm worried that I must be getting jaded. The only 2013 figure that really peaks my interest is the WS Gryposaurus. I'm just not that excited about anything else. Especially disappointed with the CollectA offerings. Maybe as they get closer to being available  my interest will rise. The Papo Wooly Rhino is  mildly intriquing. I've been collecting a looonnng time and this year the offerings just seem ordinary.

On the one hand, companies like Schleich and CollectA (and quite possibly, Papo) are strategically placing their products in 2013 (essentially, a creative break of sorts)...

...but on the other hand, we are getting a whopping half dozen high quality prehistoric mammals in 2013 (4 from Mojo, CollectA's Deinotherium, and Papo's Whoolly Rhino)...and a few gems from Safari (Gastornis, Gryposaurus , Dimorphodon), etc..

...And the year 2012 finished relatively well with the new and improved prehistoric line from Kinto Favourite...

Takama

I just hope the new Kinto line would get more then Cliche

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Pawnosuchus on December 13, 2012, 07:22:17 PM

But think of the money you'll save!  :P
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wish those new Kintos were easier to find in the U.S. Really want the Allosaurus.

ajax

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 14, 2012, 02:07:26 AM
Wish those new Kintos were easier to find in the U.S. Really want the Allosaurus.

Whats the deal with ebay prices for these Kinto dinosaurs, $50 each??? I thought I would get a couple but not for those prices.
Can any forum members get them cheaper?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ajax on December 14, 2012, 03:18:45 AM

Whats the deal with ebay prices for these Kinto dinosaurs, $50 each??? I thought I would get a couple but not for those prices.
Extortion I guess. The new Favorites will not be available outside of Japan either.

ajax

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 14, 2012, 04:20:13 AM
Quote from: ajax on December 14, 2012, 03:18:45 AM

Extortion I guess. The new Favorites will not be available outside of Japan either.

We need to find a member from Japan to help us all out. We don't have many members from Asian nations do we??

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: