News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Cool list!  I wonder how they'll compare to Geoworld's dinos.

Spino-rex13

This year has been a bit disappointing         

SAFARI: I'm only gonna get the elasmosaurus (if the necks bent funnily I'll warm it up and rebend it) and the diaboloceratops.
CARNEGIE: The Concavenator's although I will probably buy it the have it repainted.
COLLECTA: I'll only be getting the diplodocus and the pachycephalosaurus. The rest look funny.
BULLYLAND: I won't even comment.

On the other hand

MOJO: Massive improvement. I'll be getting all of them. Looking forward to next year.
GEOWORLD: Great list but I want to see some pictures first.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

this is indeed very good news
if they release those list ,wow

and what scale is it going to be

martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on January 19, 2013, 10:46:50 PM

SAFARI: I'm only gonna get the elasmosaurus (if the necks bent funnily I'll warm it up and rebend it) and the diaboloceratops.
CARNEGIE: The Concavenator's although I will probably buy it the have it repainted.
COLLECTA: I'll only be getting the diplodocus and the pachycephalosaurus. The rest look funny.

On the other hand

MOJO: Massive improvement. I'll be getting all of them. Looking forward to next year.
I pretty much agree..though Safari's other pieces like the Brachylophosaurus and Dimorphodon aren't bad at all..I even suggested they scale up the Brachy for the Carnegie line.

CollectA's Pachy and Diplo are certainly on my list..though I will probably add the Daspleto given it's unique position..I might even go for the Diablo as well. Would make a nice contrast having it and Safari's side by side.  ;)

Spino-rex13

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 19, 2013, 11:54:40 PM

On the other hand

I pretty much agree..though Safari's other pieces like the Brachylophosaurus and Dimorphodon aren't bad at all..I even suggested they scale up the Brachy for the Carnegie line.

CollectA's Pachy and Diplo are certainly on my list..though I will probably add the Daspleto given it's unique position..I might even go for the Diablo as well. Would make a nice contrast having it and Safari's side by side.  ;)

Thanks for reminding me about the Brachylophosaurus. I agree it's one of the better figures

Splonkadumpocus

I assume you're referring to Gryposaurus?

Safari has never released a Brachylophosaurus to my knowledge.

John

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on January 20, 2013, 12:00:12 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 19, 2013, 11:54:40 PM

On the other hand

Thanks for reminding me about the Brachylophosaurus. I agree it's one of the better figures
...only it's not Brachylophosaurus,it's Gryposaurus monumentensis to be specific. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah..that one I guess.  lol   I'd swear I heard it referred to as Brachylophosaurus somewhere though. They look a bit similar so easily confused I guess.

SBell

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on January 19, 2013, 11:37:11 PM
this is indeed very good news
if they release those list ,wow

and what scale is it going to be

martien

I've never seen a Geoworld "Jurassic Hunters" figure at all, but I do know that they are not to any scale, but instead appear similar in size.  I think they are about CollectA sized, but until I've seen one I could be wrong.

Splonkadumpocus

If that list is true and not just a rumor, I'll be very very happy.

Roselaar

That Geoworld list sounds most promising! Now if only Geoworld figures were more commonly available...

CM

On paper, I'm pretty excited about this, but looking at previous Geoworld offerings tempers my enthusiasm.  But I've still got hope and would like to see pics. :)

sauroid

is there an existing DTF thread on Geoworld figures that have been released so far?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mauro "Raptor86"

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

juju1305

collectA just posted their new 2013 catalogue on their website :)

... with a mention that it was a year of lower new product introduction in the prehistoric animal range, and that 2014 would be back to normal. So I guess CollectA will launch just as many figures next year as they did in 2012.

http://www.collecta.biz/catalogue/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Interesting. I had figured they were tapering off having built such a large range up so far..and would just add a few pieces a year from now on.

Wonder what made them dip for 2013 then ?

Takama

now im excited for 2014 ::)

heres hopeing they get some of the more common dinos in there range to compete with Geoworlds Jurassic Hunters

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2013, 04:14:24 PM
Interesting. I had figured they were tapering off having built such a large range up so far..and would just add a few pieces a year from now on.

Wonder what made them dip for 2013 then ?

Having spoken to Anthony, it apparently had more to do with temporary personnel stuff (mat leaves, etc) that slowed the planning process. So there was no business-necessary decision to slow production, just ran out of time!

suspsy

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has there been any word on when the Papo Carnotaurus is being released?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: