News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on January 21, 2013, 05:07:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2013, 04:14:24 PM
Interesting. I had figured they were tapering off having built such a large range up so far..and would just add a few pieces a year from now on.

Wonder what made them dip for 2013 then ?

Having spoken to Anthony, it apparently had more to do with temporary personnel stuff (mat leaves, etc) that slowed the planning process. So there was no business-necessary decision to slow production, just ran out of time!

Ah , okay. So ends the speculation ..lol Sometimes things just get in the way and deadlines hit you in the face. Will be interesting to see the comeback in 2014 then, though I wasn't totally disappointed with the smaller of figures this year. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 21, 2013, 07:27:54 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered, but has there been any word on when the Papo Carnotaurus is being released?

Not yet I've seen..just the random observation that it should be before the Dimetrodon.

juju1305

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2013, 10:18:46 PM
Quote from: SBell on January 21, 2013, 05:07:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2013, 04:14:24 PM
Interesting. I had figured they were tapering off having built such a large range up so far..and would just add a few pieces a year from now on.

Wonder what made them dip for 2013 then ?

Having spoken to Anthony, it apparently had more to do with temporary personnel stuff (mat leaves, etc) that slowed the planning process. So there was no business-necessary decision to slow production, just ran out of time!

Ah , okay. So ends the speculation ..lol Sometimes things just get in the way and deadlines hit you in the face. Will be interesting to see the comeback in 2014 then, though I wasn't totally disappointed with the smaller of figures this year. ;)

Neither was I, the new line up is superb. But we could have expected some figures in line with what was launched in 2012, family figures, dead animal figures, carnivores with prey or additional plants.

crankydinosaur

I'm really excited about these geoworld figures, lets hope that mammoth is a columbian mammoth I don't think we need any more wooly mammoths!

ZoPteryx

Glad to hear that CollectA will be back in full force next year! :)

Quote from: crankydinosaur on January 22, 2013, 03:02:23 AM
I'm really excited about these geoworld figures, lets hope that mammoth is a columbian mammoth I don't think we need any more wooly mammoths!
I agree, that would be a nice change.

ajax

I would prefer Collecta make less figures of better quality than a whole bunch of average figures.

juju1305

Quote from: ajax on January 22, 2013, 05:28:32 AM
I would prefer Collecta make less figures of better quality than a whole bunch of average figures.

how about a whole bunch of figures of better quality?  >:D

SBell

Quote from: crankydinosaur on January 22, 2013, 03:02:23 AM

I have now seen some of the JH mammals (not all--about half of them).

Overall, they look okay. Again, not being directly familiar with the line, they seem to fall in with the rest of the line in terms of style (there is clearly a distinct styling to the JH line) and design. As with the dinos, some are on bases and some are not.

And sorry, I didn't see the mammoth (yet). It is labelled only as Mammuthus, so it's anyone's guess at this point.

I will say that the Eobasileus is unique looking.

I would post pics, but have been asked to keep them out of the eyes of competitors, making it difficult to post them (obviously). If I can figure out how (they're embedded in a PDF), I might be able to PM pics to anyone that asks.

There are also a couple Ice Age play sets, featuring what appear to be miniature versions of the strange prehistoric mammal set that some of us got last year from the Netherlands (I think). They will also come with info cards, so we can finally identify them!

ZoPteryx

Quote from: SBell on January 23, 2013, 06:31:34 PM
In a good or bad way? :-\

I would post pics, but have been asked to keep them out of the eyes of competitors, making it difficult to post them (obviously). If I can figure out how (they're embedded in a PDF), I might be able to PM pics to anyone that asks.
You should be able to take a screen shot of the pics on the PDF, then just treat them like regular photos. :)

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on January 23, 2013, 06:50:58 PM

You should be able to take a screen shot of the pics on the PDF, then just treat them like regular photos. :)

I would say the Eobasileus is...in between? It's not as good as the large Play Visions one, but better than the Starlux one (oddly, that's about all we can compare to). Overall I would say it's a decent figure.

I know that I could screencap it, but there are better ways. I can also copy and save them properly from the PDF. But I still won't publicly post them.

SommoDracorex

Quote from: SBell on January 23, 2013, 07:01:54 PM

I would say the Eobasileus is...in between? It's not as good as the large Play Visions one, but better than the Starlux one (oddly, that's about all we can compare to). Overall I would say it's a decent figure.

I know that I could screencap it, but there are better ways. I can also copy and save them properly from the PDF. But I still won't publicly post them.
Can you do a "collage" of photos and send by mail?

SBell

Quote from: SommoDracorex on January 23, 2013, 08:32:10 PM
Quote from: SBell on January 23, 2013, 07:01:54 PM

Can you do a "collage" of photos and send by mail?

As I said, I will do what I can though PMs

Splonkadumpocus

If you can PM me the PDF or the pictures from it, I would greatly appreciate it.

juju1305

The Papo Carnotaurus is already in stores !!!
Urzeitshop has posted some pictures, it looks fantastic!
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Carnotaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-Papo.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: juju1305 on January 24, 2013, 05:04:43 PM
The Papo Carnotaurus is already in stores !!!
Urzeitshop has posted some pictures, it looks fantastic!
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Carnotaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug-von-Papo.html

Cool ! Wonder how long before it's released here ?

tyrantqueen

Wow, you can really see the Sideshow influence here, heh

The claws even have that weird horny sheath over them like the SS does.

sauroid

that Papo Carno looks so awesome!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They picked a good piece to copy I think.  I can't wait to have him chasing my Papo Parasaurolophus... ;D

Takama

They failed the arms,  but otherwise its a good piece

Seijun

I just wish the Papo version wasn't mooning us >_<
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: