News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisLikesDinos

Yup, David did the Pachyrhino!

Anyways, some new pics from JPlegacy and theterrordrome forums!

Aram-Rex

Great new toys by JP, but more excited about the Carno. NEW IN STOCK!! YEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!

Himmapaan

Quote from: SBell on March 05, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 05, 2013, 10:41:04 PM
His name is David Silva he is American!

But was he a Papo sculptor?

I remember Dyscrasia telling us that the Papo sculptor is indeed Korean, and goes by the name of 'Woon', meaning 'Cloud'. Perhaps a pseudonym rather than his actual name.

Chris was of course referring to the sculptor of these new JP figures rather than Papo in his earlier question.

Primeval12

What scale is the allosaurus ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Love the box art...reminds me of the LW line..I think the last to use it.

The Allosaurus looks much better there..will definitely be picking it up. The Stego and Carno are coming as well ?

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 06, 2013, 01:56:20 AM
Love the box art...reminds me of the LW line..I think the last to use it.

The Allosaurus looks much better there..will definitely be picking it up. The Stego and Carno are coming as well ?

As of now, the Stego and Carno are not coming out.. the Stego was on the back of both Dino Showdown boxes, but it had to be revealed by peeling away a yellow sticker that was placed by Hasbro to hide the item. Seems it was planned but got canned sort of last minute.

Joel

I have to admit, that Allosaurus looks pretty sweet! I'll redo the teeth, fix the arms, and paint him like the Allosaurus from Dinosaur Revolution. When do they come out again?

EmperorDinobot

They are...so beautiful  :'(

tanystropheus

...and here is the package for those interested:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=278&itemid=20100

The colours of the JP4 figures are certainly richer this time around and the texture quality is noticeably improved--(probably) the best overall JP figures since...well...the Gallimimus or the Gorgonopsid...
Quite personally, I get my JP fix from Papo as they seem to exceed the official license with respect to movie likeness (However, this JP Allo does seem to be inspired by Papo's Allo). 

Seijun

The carno and steg were the only ones I liked :(
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Seijun on March 06, 2013, 05:18:31 AM
The carno and steg were the only ones I liked :(

Eh, I think these two are pretty nice, in fact I think the Pachy is my favorite! Pick em up, increase the odds of the Carno and Stego being released!

(At least GI Joe fans will be buying these also, the humans included are GI joe kitbashes)

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: SBell on March 05, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 05, 2013, 10:41:04 PM
His name is David Silva he is American!

But was he a Papo sculptor?

No I was just referring to the newest JP toys. 

These both look really great!  Luckily(for me) the Allosaurus and Pachy were the two out of the four that I liked best!

Roselaar

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 06, 2013, 06:13:37 AM
  Luckily(for me) the Allosaurus and Pachy were the two out of the four that I liked best!

Same here. Also love the box art. I'll definitely be getting several of these (two of each at least) so I can both play with them and keep them mint. And it might help convince Hasbro this really is the direction we want them to keep taking, since the rest of the line is all re-issues of JP 2009 figures. Come on folks, buy these: that Stego and Carnotaurus need to be released! :)

mmfrankford

I like that Allo also, but will be doing what Blade said, repainting it. I don't like the wild color scheme and the large white throat patch, but the sculpt is wonderful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on March 06, 2013, 09:17:12 AM
I like that Allo also, but will be doing what Blade said, repainting it. I don't like the wild color scheme and the large white throat patch, but the sculpt is wonderful.

I'll get two of them probably, one to keep in box and another to repaint..takes care of nagging guilt about repainting a collectible.. lol

The hands seem to be really close to be positioned right as well..I like how the arms are poseable so they can be spread out..always wanted a JP Raptor figure that had the same feature for grabbing.

tyrantqueen

No offense to anyone who likes the figures...but the colour on that Pachyrhinosaurus makes it look like a clown painted it. And not in a good way.

Horridus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2013, 05:42:25 PM
...the colour on that Pachyrhinosaurus makes it look like a clown painted it. And not in a good way.
This does make me wonder what one painted by a clown, but 'in a good way', would look like. Fetching polka dots?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Horridus on March 06, 2013, 07:30:41 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2013, 05:42:25 PM
...the colour on that Pachyrhinosaurus makes it look like a clown painted it. And not in a good way.
This does make me wonder what one painted by a clown, but 'in a good way', would look like. Fetching polka dots?
By "painted like a clown" I was inferring the use of overly bright colours. I think bright colours are good on dinosaurs (I loved the Dinosaur Revolution designs) but the colours don't look good in this instance.  They don't look harmonious, they're just splashed on the model and the contrast between colours is too stark.

...But I have no interest in Jurassic Pork Park toys so I won't be buying anyway :P

Gwangi

The colors (especially on the Pachy) are pretty awful. Granted these are action figures so I would not expect much in the way of realism but these just don't work. They're still cool though and I wouldn't mind getting them, especially the Allosaurus but I'm not going to make them a priority.

Takama

I guess im the only one who likes them the way they are

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: