News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Compared with their old one, the new one is a masterpiece.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

At least that old carnotor is closer to the real thing proportion wise.     That cerato is a real abomination

Splonkadumpocus

Any word on when the Geoworld prehistoric mammals are going to be released and where one could find them?

SBell

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on May 14, 2013, 12:03:30 AM
Any word on when the Geoworld prehistoric mammals are going to be released and where one could find them?

I thought I'd mentioned it here somewhere--they are currently slated for October 2013.

Between that and the August release of the Mojo Prehistoric mammals, it looks like it will be a mammal-y autumn!

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2013, 04:50:56 AM
Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on May 14, 2013, 12:03:30 AM

I thought I'd mentioned it here somewhere--they are currently slated for October 2013.

Between that and the August release of the Mojo Prehistoric mammals, it looks like it will be a mammal-y autumn!

Ah, thank you. With relatively few non-Mesozoic animals around, I'm always looking for newcomers in that area.

CityRaptor

Mammals would be more interesting if they were Mesozoic Mammals. That way they could interact with the Mesozoic Creatures.
Sure, having your Dinosaurs munching some Cavemen is probably fun, but not realistic at all.
So maybe we would need a Toob or something similar to the Dinosaur Family Groups.
Oh no

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 14, 2013, 08:52:36 AM
Mammals would be more interesting if they were Mesozoic Mammals. That way they could interact with the Mesozoic Creatures.
Sure, having your Dinosaurs munching some Cavemen is probably fun, but not realistic at all.
So maybe we would need a Toob or something similar to the Dinosaur Family Groups.

They'd mostly just be a bunch of shrew-like things that look the same, though. And there are plenty of relatively defenseless dinosaurs if something needs to get munched anyway.

CityRaptor

Not exactly true. If we go by looks alone,  there are atleast two Platypi ( which are actually ancient Platypi ),  a Flying Squirrel, a beaver and Tasmanian Devil.
Ofcourse one could include them in some sort of Mesozoic Wildlife toob. Maybe put Beelzebufo in there, too.
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 11, 2013, 11:49:17 PM

I wonder if they'll make a Ceratosaurus next year, to replace their old abominable pooping Ceratosaurus model?

Is that a pooping Ceratosaurus or a poop that has been fashioned into the likeness of a Ceratosaurus?

tanystropheus

What are the expected dates for WS Diabloceratops and WS Gryposaurus? I have the Dimorphodon, it's a remarkable model.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 15, 2013, 08:20:37 AM

I wonder if they'll make a Ceratosaurus next year, to replace their old abominable pooping Ceratosaurus model?

Is that a pooping Ceratosaurus or a poop that has been fashioned into the likeness of a Ceratosaurus?
Could be both >:D

CityRaptor

Poopception!

But who knows, Schleich may actually use the new line to re-create the past diversity of their Replica Saurus line, maybe even a new Shonisaurus!
Oh no

Hermes888

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 15, 2013, 06:17:20 PM
Poopception!
I would see that film. I bet it would be crap though.

Turret

I have a bit of a question. Have the Bullyland smilodon and eusmilus(?) been released yet and if not when is te release date?

CityRaptor

They are atleast out in Germany. Saw them in a shop a few  weeks ago.
Oh no

Hermes888

It looks like the Safari LTD figures are already being sold on their website:
http://safariltd.us/group/listnew
Strange, it seems that I can't find listings on any other retailer.

Turret

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 16, 2013, 09:20:06 AM
They are atleast out in Germany. Saw them in a shop a few  weeks ago.

Thanks for the answer. So only in Germany as of now? I guess I'll just wait a little longer.

gfxtwin

Hopefully we'll get some photos of the final Dimetrodon figure soon. It should be interesting to see how much the final product lives up to that ambitious larger scale sculpt.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 15, 2013, 03:46:26 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 15, 2013, 08:20:37 AM

Could be both >:D

Did I mention I think it has corn for teeth

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: