News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Everything Dinosaur have a handy-dandy near-profile view of the Schleich Carnotaurus.

Here's Scott Hartman's Carnotaurus skeletal:

World of History my, er, foot!

The Styracosaurus would be very at home in the Natural History Museum gift shop, with all the other Chinasaur dreck.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Blade-of-the-Moon

I suppose if you really love Carnotaurus and want a ( maybe cute ? ) SD version of it then this guy might be right up your alley.

tyrantqueen

With all the other fantastic carnotaur models released this last few year (Papo, Carnegie, as well as Gorgonzola's, Galileo's, and RareBreed's Carno models) why would you purchase that abomination?

I guess if you chopped the head off and sculpted a completely new body, it might be OK.

juju1305

I saw it in person as well as the new styraco in a shop in Germany. They were alongside the same species by Papo, which was really an unflattering comparison. They both look less cartoonish in person than on the stock pictures but they're horrible nevertheless, especially the carno. The styracosaurus would have been a decent figure 15 years ago

Max

Is DeJankins still in business?

amargasaurus cazaui

He is using a new email, and moved to a better facility but I ordered some things from only a few weeks ago, so I would say yes he is.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzā€”Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Indeed he is in biznuss still.  He has moved and has a new email.   [email protected].  and yes he still takes orders. I just spoke with him yesterday

SBell

Just got word about the Mojo 2013 releases.

August.

So, someday! But not all that soon...on the other hand, probably worth the wait.

sauroid

just three months away! :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on May 03, 2013, 04:43:25 PM
just three months away! :)

Precisely--it seems like a long time, but how long have we waited anyway? What's a few more months!

mooseman

I actually quite like the Schleich Carnotaurus. I tend to go for more colourful or toy-like figures, and the Papo version is incredibly detailed, but to me it's just another dark green monsterish dinosaur.

tanystropheus

Quote from: mooseman on May 09, 2013, 11:00:45 PM
I actually quite like the Schleich Carnotaurus. I tend to go for more colourful or toy-like figures, and the Papo version is incredibly detailed, but to me it's just another dark green monsterish dinosaur.

lol

juju1305

Then I guess you can pair the new Schleich carno with the 2012 Bullyland spinosaurus and cast a vote about who has the ugliest pink and the worst head  >:D

CityRaptor

The Papo Carno is dark green? As for monsterish, it is actually more accurate. And it is the Schleich Carno, that looks like a Movie Monster.

Saw it in a store myself and immediatly had to think of lemurs...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

Please don't insult the Disney carnos by comparing them to the Schleich abomination, lol  ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

But it is like the cartoony third Team Member of the Duo.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

mooseman

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 10, 2013, 10:07:00 AM

The Papo Carno is dark green? As for monsterish, it is actually more accurate. And it is the Schleich Carno, that looks like a Movie Monster.

Saw it in a store myself and immediatly had to think of lemurs...

Looks fairly dark green to me. I like some of the Papo figures but I wouldn't want more than a few, I just dislike the usual dull colour schemes. I want some variation if I'm going to display something.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on May 10, 2013, 05:35:31 PM
Please don't insult the Disney carnos by comparing them to the Schleich abomination, lol  ;D

Yes please, the only thing it really has in common is the red coloration..which is I'm sure why they did it to draw people that remember that.  Sculpt-wise it's really terrible..maybe on par with a few cheap figures Disney made for the park..looks very Super Deformed style to me.  The Papo version looks about as good as the Disney Dino Carnos and other than being really stocky..didn't have much against them.

Takama

It hink they got the idea of a Carnotaurus right, but effed up the proportions

tyrantqueen

Schleich has always had a bad track record with Carnotaurus, see here:

I wonder if they'll make a Ceratosaurus next year, to replace their old abominable pooping Ceratosaurus model?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: