News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 11, 2013, 11:49:17 PM
Schleich has always had a bad track record with Carnotaurus, see here:

I wonder if they'll make a Ceratosaurus next year, to replace their old abominable pooping Ceratosaurus model?

I think the same that you friend  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

whoah just three more months and it's the start of the 2014 figures thread.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Quote from: sauroid on June 04, 2013, 06:28:37 PM
whoah just three more months and it's the start of the 2014 figures thread.

Yet still a lot of 2013 figures remain to be released. So we can still eagerly anticipate a bit more.

Takama

The diablo and gyryphosaurus from safari are now availible on amazon

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on June 04, 2013, 08:49:01 PM
The diablo and gyryphosaurus from safari are now availible on amazon
And eBay.

cordylus

Has anyone seen any of the new schliech figures in person recently?

If you could transform vomit into dinosaur toy form, I think it would look pretty close to what schliech has done  *yuck*

CityRaptor

Well, the Carno is something for people who liked a certain Disney Movie, and it looks way better than their previous attempt.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 06, 2013, 10:21:34 PM
Well, the Carno is something for people who liked a certain Disney Movie, and it looks way better than their previous attempt.

I honestly liked that movie but the versions that came out with it are WAY better.  ;)

I'll give you that..but not by much. lol

Bokisaurus

Safari Diablo and Grypto finally arrived  ^-^

Diablo - Nice figure, much better in person than in photos. Rich in details.
He is about the same size as the CollectA version and they actually make a good pair. Interesting difference in interpretation. I find the CollectA version to be more lively, with more character. The Safari is  sculpturally better, but don't have much personality ;)

Grypto - another beautiful figure, much better in person than in any photos I have seen. Its bigger than I though.
[

With its edmonto predecessor and Favorite Para for size comparison.

The trio of new Safari

sauroid

the Diablos from the two different companies look like they're different species. awesome pics boki.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Wonderful, Dimorphodon is very cool  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

I really want to like the new Safaris, but the obvious over use of texture stamps, chunky feet and sloppy paintwork is making that difficult for me. Ever since Safari switched to this new sculptor back with the release of their Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Vagaceratops, I am losing interest in anything they make. LOL at the comment made by someone a while back who said these are comparable to Papo figures ::)

Some of them are okay (Grypo, Dimorpho, Vaga, Elasmo) but I hate the theropods.

Bfler

The only thing I don't like are the red eyes of the Diabloceratops. I guess they are red because of the name, but I consider such a color as unnatural.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Red eyes aren't uncommon in nature , a variety of birds, reptiles ect. have them.

I like the pose of the Diablo more than the Collecta..but the detail in the CollectA is better this go round.  The Grypo looks nice..and BIG ! :)

TheAllosaur

I got the Carnegie collection Concavenator a few days ago. He's smaller than I expected, and I wish they had given the model quills on the sail, but it it still a good model.
Part-time genius!

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 07, 2013, 01:48:30 PM
I really want to like the new Safaris, but the obvious over use of texture stamps, chunky feet and sloppy paintwork is making that difficult for me. Ever since Safari switched to this new sculptor back with the release of their Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Vagaceratops, I am losing interest in anything they make. LOL at the comment made by someone a while back who said these are comparable to Papo figures ::)

Some of them are okay (Grypo, Dimorpho, Vaga, Elasmo) but I hate the theropods.

I concur with your assessment. The Vaga is really good in person (except, the feet is still a bit stocky). I originally found the Acrocanthosaurus appealing (especially, with respect to the characteristic Carcharodontosaurid skull), but under close inspection, the figure looks somewhat awkward (chubby, short legs, and stocky frame). I have no complaints about the Dimorphodon--it is completely out of scale, especially with respect to other pterosaurs, but I guess I kind of expected that beforehand. I'm not a fan of the new 'texture-stamping' look on some of the other 2013 WS models.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 07, 2013, 04:11:10 PM
Red eyes aren't uncommon in nature , a variety of birds, reptiles ect. have them.

Indeed!

I think a lot people consider red eyes on their Dinosaur figures unnatural due to a lot of Chinasaurs having red eyes.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Pretty cute. A real life koopa troopa :))

Battatitan

Has your tortoise ever considered being a model? :D

Safari's 2013 models are in my opinion nice models of species rarely seen as figures, so they're all very welcome. The Dimorphodon is fantastic and the Grypo is excellent - it's a shame the sometimes sloppy paintwork lets them down.

Edit: 'model' as in modelling clothes brands, not a plastic replica  :-[

sauroid

cool box turtle. do you still wear that knit cap?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: