News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Not my Box Turtle. Just posted the pic since it clearly shows a red eyed reptile. And those are some really stunning red eyes, aren't they?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bfler

Nonetheless, I find that red diabolic eyes look strange in case of a large plant eater.

I received the two figures and, as already mentioned, the paintjob is rather bad, e.g. in case of the Gryposaurus the gray of the claws is also painted on the toes. And btw. if you would add some horns to the skull and some wings, the Gryposaurus would be a nice dragon.

Seijun

My little dove has red eyes. This isnt him, but it's the same species:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Bfler

That looks like an albino. Red eyes are normal here.

CityRaptor

Here is a Black Swan:

And a non-Albino Mammal example, a Lemur

Oh no

SBell

Quote from: Bfler on June 14, 2013, 09:14:17 AM

There are black feathers and the bill is black. That is probably not an albino pigeon.

tyrantqueen

MOAR red eyes

But seriously, if the red eyes are such a bother, just repaint them. It's not hard :)

Seijun

Quote from: SBell on June 15, 2013, 03:05:19 AM
Quote from: Bfler on June 14, 2013, 09:14:17 AM

There are black feathers and the bill is black. That is probably not an albino pigeon.

It is a eurasian collared dove. Their eyes are always red :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Bfler on June 14, 2013, 06:10:06 AM
And btw. if you would add some horns to the skull and some wings, the Gryposaurus would be a nice dragon.

Care to explain? Does not look draconic to me at all.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 18, 2013, 12:31:23 PM
Quote from: Bfler on June 14, 2013, 06:10:06 AM
And btw. if you would add some horns to the skull and some wings, the Gryposaurus would be a nice dragon.

Care to explain? Does not look draconic to me at all.

I bet he meant the Diabloceratops.

Roselaar

I just got in the last of the new 2013 Collecta figures from ED. I don't think we had pics of these yet?:

Deluxe Parasaurolophus. Good figure, but nothing remarkable. Paint job is a bit bland.

Pachycephalosaurus. Smaller than I expected. Pretty good.

Fits in well enough with the existing diorama figures from Collecta.

Daspletosaurus wasn't wholly new I believe, but here's another one to make sure. Fairly decent figure, but legs really feel too short.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Any more shots of the Para ? I was going to skip it but from this angle it looks nice.just needs better paint as you said.

The Pachy looks good, I had already planned to get him eventually.

The Daspleto..I don't know really..they sort of look okay to me..maybe it the position..he should have had his legs out forward more and resting on his bum.

Takama

Great figures.   I will admit. The paras head looks a little to small.  The pachys feet seem to tiny
And the desplato is disproportiond

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2013, 04:15:40 AM
Any more shots of the Para ? I was going to skip it but from this angle it looks nice.just needs better paint as you said.

The only other shot of the Para I made is the little hazy group shot in the Acquisitions thread. I could make more, but there's little more to it than this. It does look better from the angle above, that's true.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on June 19, 2013, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2013, 04:15:40 AM

The only other shot of the Para I made is the little hazy group shot in the Acquisitions thread. I could make more, but there's little more to it than this. It does look better from the angle above, that's true.

Yeah I saw that one, that's fine. The original promotional pic just looked so bland..I was a bit surprised it looked so good now..big difference an angle can make I guess.. lol

Concavenator

Hi everyone ,I'm new.I have joined today.My favorite dinosaurs are Allosaurus and Diabloceratops .Hello!!

Concavenator

I am 12 ,and I don't have any of the 2013 Figures yet(I have been busy with school work).My most anticipated figures of the year are CollectA Diplodocus and Papo Carnotaurus.In less than 3 months time It's the start of the 2014 figures thread,no?I love seeing new dinosaur figures releases.For me,It's one of the most anticipated moments of the year.Hi everyone!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice to see another Allosaurus fan . :)

You need to get a move on and get some new figures..it will 2014 before we know it ! ;)

Concavenator

Hi,when's the start of the 2014 Hopes & Dreams?I love this guessing game!Lol

Concavenator

The Gryposaurus and Diabloceratops(By Safari)are definitely going on my "to get"list of 2013 Figures.Hope they produce more exotic  ceratopsians    ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: