News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on July 11, 2013, 08:09:06 AM
Quote from: Seijun on July 11, 2013, 04:53:34 AM
Quote from: SBell on July 11, 2013, 03:42:56 AM
Quote from: Patrx on July 11, 2013, 01:21:58 AM
Those look very promising! Where might I be able to pre-order them?

In Japan. Probably at a museum vending machine. There will be sellers who are charging a lot for them, mostly out of Japan or nearby. The idea of 'pre-orders' for something that comes out of vending machines seems a little fishy to me.

A seller in Japan, yes, but they want like 60 USD for it. I think its safer to wait until they actually come out.

Point taken! I shall endeavour to be patient.

I tried to be patient with those little tyrannosaur figures but it seems they've gotten expensive again already.

Patrx

Quote from: John on July 12, 2013, 03:34:31 AM
Quote from: Patrx on July 11, 2013, 09:45:29 PM
Quote from: Seijun on July 11, 2013, 07:05:03 PM
Last year was trex and relatives, this year was tric and relatives.. I wonder if next year will be steg or raptor themed?
Fingers crossed, it'll be raptors! They're bizarrely under-represented. Plus, if any company is gonna finally get the feathers right, it's Kaiyodo.
Yes that would be nice! Imagine Velociraptor being the main one with Microraptor and Sinornithosaurus being featured also. :)
That's a good lineup, yes :) However, if we're to be talking hypothetical dream-teams here, I'd  like to see Deinonychus as the main genus, with Velociraptor and Microraptor alongside.

Quote from: Gwangi on July 12, 2013, 04:11:26 AM
I tried to be patient with those little tyrannosaur figures but it seems they've gotten expensive again already.
They have indeed. Either I was lucky, or my timing happened to be good, as I thought the price I paid for my set was fairly reasonable.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on July 12, 2013, 06:40:27 AM
Quote from: John on July 12, 2013, 03:34:31 AM
Quote from: Patrx on July 11, 2013, 09:45:29 PM
Quote from: Seijun on July 11, 2013, 07:05:03 PM
Last year was trex and relatives, this year was tric and relatives.. I wonder if next year will be steg or raptor themed?
Fingers crossed, it'll be raptors! They're bizarrely under-represented. Plus, if any company is gonna finally get the feathers right, it's Kaiyodo.
Yes that would be nice! Imagine Velociraptor being the main one with Microraptor and Sinornithosaurus being featured also. :)
That's a good lineup, yes :) However, if we're to be talking hypothetical dream-teams here, I'd  like to see Deinonychus as the main genus, with Velociraptor and Microraptor alongside.

Quote from: Gwangi on July 12, 2013, 04:11:26 AM
They have indeed. Either I was lucky, or my timing happened to be good, as I thought the price I paid for my set was fairly reasonable.

The price was pretty good for while for the entire set but at the time it just wasn't in my budget. Now I'll have to pay the price if I want them...literally it seems.

juju1305

Did you guys see this ?

Not a 2013 figure (it's 2014 but the thread isn't up yet)

I'm just as excited about this one as I was about the dead triceratops. Can't wait to get it. I'm sure CollectA will amaze us in 2014

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: juju1305 on July 21, 2013, 09:56:50 PM
Did you guys see this ?

I'm just as excited about this one as I was about the dead triceratops. Can't wait to get it. I'm sure CollectA will amaze us in 2014

Yep !  Here you go : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1496.0.html

My avatar is just salivating looking at it..lol

juju1305

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 21, 2013, 09:58:45 PM
Did you guys see this ?

Yep !  Here you go : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1496.0.html

See, I'm out of this forum for a few days and I miss EVERYTHING  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: juju1305 on July 21, 2013, 10:05:21 PM
Did you guys see this ?

You did know about the Carcharodontosaurus right ? lol

juju1305

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 22, 2013, 02:14:45 AM
Did you guys see this ?

Not either !  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: juju1305 on July 22, 2013, 04:11:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 22, 2013, 02:14:45 AM
Did you guys see this ?

Not either !  ;)

Darn..well..surprise ! lol

Everything_Dinosaur

With two Diabloceratops models introduced this year (Collecta and Safari Ltd), it was decided to make a video review of the Collecta model, our intention is to produce another review of the Safari Ltd Diabloceratops model when it comes into stock.  Sorry about the lighting quality we have broken one of our studio lamps, however, this short (4.49), video review was intended to provide a little more information about the model, anatomical details notes on discovery etc. Video Review of Collecta Diabloceratops

Video is from our Youtube channel:Everything Dinosaur on Youtube

CM

Sorry if this has been getting asked a lot, but I haven't been around lately and was wondering: is there any word on the Mojo Fun 2013 releases?  My go-to site doesn't even have a "coming soon" listing for them like they did for all the other big brands this year (this actually includes extant animals too).  Have any 2013 Mojo products made it out into the wild yet?

Concavenator

Quote from: CM on August 01, 2013, 02:06:56 PM
Sorry if this has been getting asked a lot, but I haven't been around lately and was wondering: is there any word on the Mojo Fun 2013 releases?  My go-to site doesn't even have a "coming soon" listing for them like they did for all the other big brands this year (this actually includes extant animals too).  Have any 2013 Mojo products made it out into the wild yet?
I think last time I heard late August-early September of it.

SBell

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 01, 2013, 02:49:41 PM

I just got some new info--the prehistoric ones (the mammals) won't be hitting Canada until October! I'm guessing that will pretty much be the case for everywhere.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on August 02, 2013, 12:15:38 AM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 01, 2013, 02:49:41 PM

I just got some new info--the prehistoric ones (the mammals) won't be hitting Canada until October! I'm guessing that will pretty much be the case for everywhere.

Oh my, really? Why even release it in 2013, why not make it 2014 with that late of a release! Is that true for all of their figures? I really want that Gaur! ;D

sauroid

i guess they are waiting for the christmas season to start.

so... when do we start the 2014 thread?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: sauroid on August 02, 2013, 09:54:04 AM

Yeah,shouldn't the '2014 Figures'thread be started already,as 3 2014 figures are announced?  ???
Any of us could create it and add the images as these are veing announced.
Safari Ltd. have said they were going to announce the 2014 releases early in the fall.They also daid there's no much longer to wait.
In the meantime,we can create this thread,I think  ::)

SBell

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 05, 2013, 07:46:20 PM
Quote from: sauroid on August 02, 2013, 09:54:04 AM

Yeah,shouldn't the '2014 Figures'thread be started already,as 3 2014 figures are announced?  ???
Any of us could create it and add the images as these are veing announced.
Safari Ltd. have said they were going to announce the 2014 releases early in the fall.They also daid there's no much longer to wait.
In the meantime,we can create this thread,I think  ::)

It already does exist--but right now, the only figures in it are the CollectA figures. Please don't start another, it just gets confusing until someone merges the two!
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1496.0.html

gfxtwin

The wait for that Papo Dimetrodon is starting to get to me.  I feel like it will most likely be the best figure of the year based on the photos of the finished model I saw.  It seems to be Papo's most detailed and elaborately painted model to date, and scientifically accurate to boot!  Basically it will likely be the first figure where they've reached their complete potential in terms of craftsmanship.   Any new photos or info?

Concavenator

Quote from: gfxtwin on August 08, 2013, 04:47:01 PM
The wait for that Papo Dimetrodon is starting to get to me.  I feel like it will most likely be the best figure of the year based on the photos of the finished model I saw.  It seems to be Papo's most detailed and elaborately painted model to date, and scientifically accurate to boot!  Basically it will likely be the first figure where they've reached their complete potential in terms of craftsmanship.   Any new photos or info?
I read something that said it would be in stock the first week of August in France,and that it should be in
Stock in mid August  :)

gfxtwin

w00t!  Hopefully some hi-res pictures of the finished model will start cropping up soon!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: