News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

As for the Papo Dimetrodon (Papo reference: 55033), Everything Dinosaur was contacted by Papo this afternoon, stocks are going to be distributed next week (week comm.12th) for those businesses in Europe.  As we are quite heavily involved with Papo's prehistoric animals, we are going to be amongst the first to get stock.  We have just published a short note on the Everything Dinosaur section (Classifieds).  We have been advised by a source from Papo our delivery could be as early as Tuesday 13th.  We have plans for a video review and the model is scheduled to go on our website within a few minutes of the first boxes being checked into our warehouse.

If you want to know anything specific about this model, just send Everything Dinosaur a message or email us: Contact Everything Dinosaur

gfxtwin

Awesome news!  Can' wait to see the finished product up close.  In the mean time I have my improved pachyrhinosaur and Allosaur to admire. 

Concavenator

Today's the first time I've seen a 2013 Figure.I've seen the Papo Carnotaurus and the Wooly Rhinoin a local store,and both two look awesome.I hope to get that Carnotaurus soon!  :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: gfxtwin on August 08, 2013, 06:38:22 PM
Awesome news!  Can' wait to see the finished product up close.  In the mean time I have my improved pachyrhinosaur and Allosaur to admire. 

So you changed the Pachy's "antlers" and the Allosaur's arms? Looks nice :)

gfxtwin

Thanks, Tyrantqueen! 

Nebuloid

Just ordered my Dimetrodon at a "certain" website, hoping it will be as good as the official pictures !

Concavenator

Wow,I'm out of the forum for a while,and I miss that the Papo Dimetrodon is in stock!
Can't wait to get it for my b-day.Hope I'll order one soon.
Dad!...lol  ;D

dinohunter24

I'm not in a hurry to get Papo Dimetrodon as it was heartbreaking when I found out in Walking with beast that it wasn't a dinosaur.  All my life I have always though of it as a dinosaur like the Ankylosaurus. 

tanystropheus

Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 25, 2013, 05:28:25 AM
I'm not in a hurry to get Papo Dimetrodon as it was heartbreaking when I found out in Walking with beast that it wasn't a dinosaur.  All my life I have always though of it as a dinosaur like the Ankylosaurus.

Don't feel bad. All my life I have always thought that birds were not dinosaurs. Now, I know and knowing is half the battle.

dinohunter24

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 25, 2013, 05:31:41 AM

Don't feel bad. All my life I have always thought that birds were not dinosaurs. Now, I know and knowing is half the battle.

Knowing that a real life Velociraptor is only 2 feet tall and nothing like Jurassic park and that it has feather is my second heartbreak.  My third is how Spinosaurus does not only not look like JP but that it eat fish instead of meat.  Total killer!   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 25, 2013, 05:37:32 AM

Knowing that a real life Velociraptor is only 2 feet tall and nothing like Jurassic park and that it has feather is my second heartbreak.  My third is how Spinosaurus does not only not look like JP but that it eat fish instead of meat.  Total killer!

As I tell visitors to the Park..a real Velociraptor is not to be taking lightly..so it's not a lion or tiger. Imagine being chased down, leaped on and torn open by a cheetah. ;)

Spinosaurs might have had a mostly fish diet..but that wouldn't have stopped them from eating other kinds of meat given the opportunity.

Patrx

I look at it this way: the JP raptors may not really have existed, but heck, most of my favorite things are fictional  :D They're still cool! Also, feathered raptors can be pretty fascinating, once you get used to the idea. As for the others, I just think Dimetrodon being a synapsid makes it more interesting, and I've had something of a minor grudge against Spinosaurus since JP3.

dinohunter24

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 25, 2013, 06:43:37 AM

As I tell visitors to the Park..a real Velociraptor is not to be taking lightly..so it's not a lion or tiger. Imagine being chased down, leaped on and torn open by a cheetah. ;)

Spinosaurs might have had a mostly fish diet..but that wouldn't have stopped them from eating other kinds of meat given the opportunity.

I have another heartbreak that I think is a pretty big deal, and not sure where it rank in terms of my dinosaur heartbreak.  The fact that the Dilophosaurus in JP is not real (or is it), in which it doesn't not have the fan like structure around it neck like a frilled-neck lizard as seen here http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/005/cache/frilled-lizard_530_600x450.jpg?01AD=3Ow6zAuOlEAhWlD-MzYOeDpchsz_uxSx20TKerJvzYU05yXjYCRETkA&01RI=14A844C1B5FEA30&01NA=

So I would expect that such dinosaur exist but I guess not, quite disturbing. 

tanystropheus

Haha, but cheetahs are not dangerous. There are no human fatalities due to a cheetah (as far as I'm aware). Therefore cheetahs are less dangerous than the common dog ;D

dinohunter24

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 25, 2013, 07:30:46 AM

Haha, but cheetahs are not dangerous. There's no human fatalities due to a cheetah (as far as I'm aware). Therefore cheetahs are less dangerous than the common dog ;D

True I know more people in Africa die by Cape Buffalo and other herbivore more so than some carnivore much less the cute and cheesy cheetah. 

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on August 25, 2013, 07:20:43 AM

I look at it this way: the JP raptors may not really have existed, but heck, most of my favorite things are fictional 

I thought the JP raptors resembled a Utahraptor or a Deinonchyus?

Patrx

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 25, 2013, 07:33:49 AM

I look at it this way: the JP raptors may not really have existed, but heck, most of my favorite things are fictional 

Very remotely, perhaps. Closer to the right size and skull shape. When it comes to large dromaeosaurs, it seems to me the best way to get an idea of what they were really like is to picture a flightless bird with toothed jaws instead of a beak.

dinohunter24

Quote from: Patrx on August 25, 2013, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 25, 2013, 07:33:49 AM

Very remotely, perhaps. Closer to the right size and skull shape. When it comes to large dromaeosaurs, it seems to me the best way to get an idea of what they were really like is to picture a flightless bird with toothed jaws instead of a beak.

Do the Utahraptor have feather?  I also don't think it look as cool as the Velociraptor but I might be wrong. 

tyrantqueen

QuoteDo the Utahraptor have feather?  I also don't think it look as cool as the Velociraptor but I might be wrong. 
There have not been any remains found with preserved feathers (as far as I know, but I could be wrong...), but it is strongly believed that they did have feathers.

If you don't think they look cool, you should see this ;D

dinohunter24

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 25, 2013, 07:48:14 AM
QuoteDo the Utahraptor have feather?  I also don't think it look as cool as the Velociraptor but I might be wrong. 
There have not been any remains found with preserved feathers (as far as I know, but I could be wrong...), but it is strongly believed that they did have feathers.

If you don't think they look cool, you should see this ;D

I hate the bird tail and they almost don't look like dinosaur, they look like prehistoric animal that came after the dinosaur.  I just can't imagine these things kill dinosaurs lol.  I also can't believe dinosaur are birds?  I mean how on earth is a triceratops and other ceratopians related to bird?  Well I know it has a bird beak but the whole skull, horn, and body does not resemble bird or maybe it does?  Doda perhaps? 

Sometime I wish I knew less about dinosaurs like when I was a kid.  Sometime new finding can be destructive to one knowledge.  It why I don't keep up to date to the latest finding or  anything that I know will detract me from my own view of dinosaurs.  A dinosaur is really up to one imagination because no one truly no what color they are and even then people can make up cool color, you can't do that with real animal. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: