News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Anyone posted reviews of the Deluxe Collecta Para yet ? 

I saw this sucker in person and it weighs a ton ( metaphorically )..and talk about a robust specimen...I'm wondering if it's both a well fed and pregnant individual. lol

Takama

Dan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 08, 2013, 02:48:19 AM

I saw this sucker in person and it weighs a ton ( metaphorically )..and talk about a robust specimen...I'm wondering if it's both a well fed and pregnant individual. lol

Many of CollectA's Deluxe figures are on the heavy side, pretty solid. I'm not sure why they are manufactured like this, since it drives up the shipping weight. The Deinotherium weighs over a pound, and even the Tricera-corpse is heftier than one might expect.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on October 08, 2013, 05:40:19 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 08, 2013, 02:48:19 AM

Many of CollectA's Deluxe figures are on the heavy side, pretty solid. I'm not sure why they are manufactured like this, since it drives up the shipping weight. The Deinotherium weighs over a pound, and even the Tricera-corpse is heftier than one might expect.

I'm generally for more " thicker " specimens..seems to be more on the accurate side but this one..I can't say I've seen such width on a hadrosaur before.  It's pretty impressive...though I wonder about it's accuracy.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's Youtube video review of the 1:40 Collecta Parasaurolophus:Parasaurolophus 1:40 scale reviewed

A written review on the Everything Dinosaur blog: Article on the Collecta Parasaurolopus 1:40

Check out the comments and of course, feel free to add your own, request further information etc.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 25, 2013, 05:31:41 AM
Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 25, 2013, 05:28:25 AM
I'm not in a hurry to get Papo Dimetrodon as it was heartbreaking when I found out in Walking with beast that it wasn't a dinosaur.  All my life I have always though of it as a dinosaur like the Ankylosaurus.

Don't feel bad. All my life I have always thought that birds were not dinosaurs. Now, I know and knowing is half the battle.

And the other half is fighting it. ^-^
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Concavenator

Mojö's new prehistoric mammals are now in stock  :)

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on December 01, 2013, 04:30:16 PM

Anywhere in particular? I have yet to hear word of them in Canada.

Concavenator

Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2013, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 01, 2013, 04:30:16 PM

Anywhere in particular? I have yet to hear word of them in Canada.
Don't know,I just know that several members of STS forum already have them,that's it.

Ikessauro

Here's a photo of the Mammals, posted by someone on STS.

Balaur

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 01, 2013, 05:28:31 PM
Here's a photo of the Mammals, posted by someone on STS.

Awesome! Glad they look great!

Bokisaurus

Just in time to qualify as 2013 figures, the Mojo prehistoric mammal set! ;D
I really like the figures, and hope that Mojo will continue to expand the collection as they seems to have the talent for prehistoric mammals.
My only complain is that the colors are drab, mostly shades of grey. Also, they could tone down the skin texturing a bit.
So glad they are finally available!
[

My personal favorite is the Hyeanodon Gigas ;)

tanystropheus

These are extraordinary representations. If Mojo continues with this line, they will be the premier choice among prehistoric mammals collectors.

KeU

Just got my PAPO Carnotaurus. Super impressed, considering the amount of detail they managed to cramp into the tiny figure.
I think this is nearly as good as the PAPO Allosaurus.

Jetoar

I am waiting to see these in Spain  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

The Wild Safari Gryposaurus is the best figure of 2013,according to Prehistoric Times magazine.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on December 18, 2013, 08:08:58 PM
The Wild Safari Gryposaurus is the best figure of 2013,according to Prehistoric Times magazine.
I'm afraid I disagree....it should have been the Papo Dimetrodon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 08:11:22 PM

To me it's the Favorite Saurolophus :).

Maybe for the Prehistoric Times magazine it had to be an American product.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 08:11:22 PM
Exactly  :-\
It's odd Papo's Dimetrodon did not win.

CityRaptor

Maybe accurateness plays a part. Wasn't there something wrong about the number of digits on the Dimetrodon?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: