News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

I like the extra material around the throat :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gryphoceratops

They look so sinister!  It must be the red eyes and the way their mouths look like they are grinning. 

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on November 13, 2012, 09:53:27 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on November 13, 2012, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 13, 2012, 08:44:23 PM
Hi,

i can say something about the MOJO releases

For the prehistoric mammals,
you can see at the forums on STS and on there Facebook page

They come indeed with a Deinotherium,and a Brontotherium

i a few day's they release there photo's of the new 2013 figures

and a very nice surprise for the Prehistoric mammal collectors
and believe me,,the surprise is good,,,

Martien

ps i can show pictures but MOJO asked me to wait til they come with there official 2013 photo's

I guess was about time. I bet a lot of mammal lovers will enjoy the new releases, right Martien ;).

I've seen them--they will be great! And much needed mammal figures.

Finally, some new prehistoric mammal figures for next year! ;D Looks like a great selection,too.
Maybe Mojo will corner that market since no one is really making much of them this days. Mojo's extant animals are good, so they should do well with the prehistoric,too, unlike the dinos ;D
But they may surprise us with their dinos for 2013... it they are releasing any ;)

ZoPteryx

Hi,

Martien

ps i can show pictures but MOJO asked me to wait til they come with there official 2013 photo's

I guess was about time. I bet a lot of mammal lovers will enjoy the new releases, right Martien ;).

Ooh, can't wait! Fingers crossed for some ancient whales. ;D

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on November 15, 2012, 04:24:20 PM
There Heeeeeeere!

I would say they saved the best for last.  These two I'll probably buy. I have no sitting theropods in my collection despite clamoring for one for years.  These also look to be sculpted by the same fellow who did the Argentinosaurus which I liked a lot. He/she really should do all their figures.  I may repaint the Daspletosaurus's head though..doesn't show the detail very well.  Only one minor complaint..WHY AREN'T THEY DELUXES !?  lol ;D

Patrx

Wow, those both look pretty nice. Not sure the Daspletosaurus' skull is quite correct, but I have to say I like the unique pose. Still, surely it should have feathers somewhere? I wonder how well the Pachy will stand? Maybe it'll get a base? It's a good sculpt, though; I can't find much to nitpick. Some quills wouldn't go amiss, I guess, but the ridges/spines are cool.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You could say the little spines are proto-feathers I guess.  When I first saw it I thought it did have feathers til I looked closer. lol

Takama

Personally, I was disapointed in the Desplatoesaurus.

Yes, i know that there is not that many sitting Theropods on the market and i respect that, but this is a species that hasent got a proper toy figure yet, and i expected it to be like all the others in a moveing pose.

Now if this were some more common Theropod (Caurnotorus, Ceratoesaurus for instance) I would have no proplem with it sitting.

The Pachy Looks Bad@$$ 8)

also on the point of feathers.

These models are made mounths before the year of there realease(it could be longer though) so the Desplatoesaurus could of been made befor the Discovery of You know who by now.

Ikessauro

Wow!!! Collecta did something right on that Daspleto! The pose is sooo cool! The colors are nice too. The pachy is cool but I guess it'll be another collecta figure with stability problems. Look at those really thin legs!

Seijun

Hmm..
I love the unique pose of the Daspleto, but the entire head looks wrong (again), The skull is too squashed, the jawline doesnt extends back far enough, and the lower jaw doesnt look like it would fit the top one if the mouth was closed. The head also looks like it might be too big for the body.

The pachy looks decent enough, but I'm really not sure about those stick-thin legs, and the feet being even smaller than the hands! The body looks like it could use some bulking out as well
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

darylj

both awesome... but the daspleto will need a repaint... it has a union jack flag for a head!

Roselaar

I like both figures, but the legs of both of them are frustrating. The Pachy is sure to have major stability issues, and I do believe the legs of the Dasp are too short (though maybe that's because of the oversized head). Otherwise they're very good. I'll be sure to get them both regardless of such issues.

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 15, 2012, 04:41:26 AM
Hi,

Martien

Ooh, can't wait! Fingers crossed for some ancient whales. ;D

Your fingers are going to get very cramped, sorry.

Gwangi

Quote from: darylj on November 15, 2012, 07:12:52 PM
both awesome... but the daspleto will need a repaint... it has a union jack flag for a head!

I noticed that too! Still, both are very nice figures and along with the Diplodocus will eventually end up in my CollectA collection. The head on that das is very weird and very large but I cannot resist the fact that it is sitting. The pachy legs are small like others have said but aside from that I see little to complain about.

CityRaptor

Oh a sitting Daspleto. Not a pose you see very often for Theropods. ( although there are obviousy some, but all of those are either smaller species or juveniles ).
Oh my, what thin legs the Pachy has. Reminds me of the Ely Kish painting of Daspletosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Daspletosaurus' physical proportions look totally wrong (it may be a baby or a physically disabled specimen).
The Pachycephalosaurus looks interesting.
What is H & H?

Takama

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 15, 2012, 09:55:02 PM
Daspletosaurus' physical proportions look totally wrong (it may be a baby or a physically disabled specimen).
What is H & H?

The Store that leaked these photos

stoneage

Quote from: Takama on November 15, 2012, 11:08:01 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 15, 2012, 09:55:02 PM
What is H & H?

The Store that leaked these photos

Then that makes you an accessory and CollectA can hold you in part accountable.   C:-)

Gryphoceratops

Hmm well I thought the daspletosaurus was supposed to be a baby at first cuz of the giant head.  Props for doing an interesting(and plausible) pose though.  I kind of hate the red/pink white and blue head. 

The pachycephalosaurus looks cool except for those tiny legs and feet like everyone else has said.  I am also concerned that the body and tail may not be thick enough.  Lets wait to see some other pictures from different angles. 

Anybody know how big these are going to be?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: