News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok I was on that website, and look what else i found

All CollectA figures reveild

Patrx

Quote from: Takama on November 16, 2012, 12:06:49 AM

Good heavens, that thing is hideous.
Also, the new Daspletosaurus is supposed to be an adult?

Takama

And since its NOW Extinct

Pinta Island Tortise

Quote from: Pixelboy on November 16, 2012, 12:12:11 AM
Quote from: Takama on November 16, 2012, 12:06:49 AM

Good heavens, that thing is hideous.

Well what did you expect? Its a repaint of one of CollectAs OLDEST Figures

ZoPteryx

I'm really torn on this year's CollectAs  (not the Ankylo, that thing's still hideous *yuck*).

The Daspleto is a little off.  The head is too big, the mouth is a little misshapen, and the legs look like they'd be too short if they were fully extended; but other than that it's not too bad, I'll definitely be getting one.

The Pachy looks really cool! :o  The head looks great and I like the color scheme.  The spikes (do I spy some throat spikes too?) are a nice touch.  The legs do look a little too skinny, but that could be the angle of the photo.  What I'm really curious about is if they got the base of the tail right, it should be very wide like on the Safari Dracorex.  I can't tell if this figure has that, perhaps it's worked into its really big thighs.  If so, is that accurate?

That tortoise looks pretty cool too. :)

One final note.  CollectA, please lay off the red, white, and blue next year.  Patriotism and cool facial patterns are great, but a little more variety would be nice. ;D

Quote from: SBell on November 15, 2012, 07:57:29 PM
Your fingers are going to get very cramped, sorry.

Darn! Oh well, there's always 2014. ;)

Patrx

Quote from: Takama on November 16, 2012, 12:13:32 AM
Well what did you expect? Its a repaint of one of CollectAs OLDEST Figures
Oh, it is? Well, that explains it, then.  :))

tyrantqueen

Daspletosaurus is looking nice 8)

Primeval12

tanystropheus

The Pachycephalosaurus looks pretty badass.

If the Daspletosaurus is a baby, it's awesome, epic (tribal face paint is getting a bit played out, no?)
If the Daspletosaurus is an adult, just kill it with fire [This theropod was, theoretically, ideal for CollectA artists, I mean, look at it: http://www.cmstudio.com/image/Daspletosaurus025.jpg
Do you see the characteristic long head, and weak chin---it fits CollectAs profile to the tee, yet CollectA managed to botch it up ???]

alexeratops

Yeah, that pachey  is going to get a base, but THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
like a bantha!

Jetoar

Pachy is cool and Daspletosaurus is very original  :D.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 15, 2012, 05:33:44 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 15, 2012, 04:24:20 PM
There Heeeeeeere!

I would say they saved the best for last.  These two I'll probably buy. I have no sitting theropods in my collection despite clamoring for one for years.  These also look to be sculpted by the same fellow who did the Argentinosaurus which I liked a lot. He/she really should do all their figures.  I may repaint the Daspletosaurus's head though..doesn't show the detail very well.  Only one minor complaint..WHY AREN'T THEY DELUXES !?  lol ;D

Agree ;D I really like the pachy, much more than the Safari dracorex :P
Looking at all of CollectA's 2013 figures, it looks like the Diablo is going to be the weakest of the lot unfortunately, but I still like it.
ironically, when CollectA first came out, the most common complaint was that their figures had really big feet ;D and now that it's much more accurate and proportioned, it's too small? LOL!
It would be interesting if this one will be produced as pictured without a base, or would it end up like the Oviraptor... attaching a base at the last minute ;)
Exciting lineup so far, in addition to the prehistoric animals, their new tapir, black buck, and maned wold looks really good,too :)

Takama

Simon

Translator says that it is 9 cm high and 16.3 cm long.  Nice size.

Seijun

The horn on the papo rhino looks really... weird..
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on November 16, 2012, 08:32:15 AM

....... and it shouldn't have the same colour as the fur ::).

Seijun

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 16, 2012, 05:24:24 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 15, 2012, 05:33:44 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 15, 2012, 04:24:20 PM
There Heeeeeeere!

I would say they saved the best for last.  These two I'll probably buy. I have no sitting theropods in my collection despite clamoring for one for years.  These also look to be sculpted by the same fellow who did the Argentinosaurus which I liked a lot. He/she really should do all their figures.  I may repaint the Daspletosaurus's head though..doesn't show the detail very well.  Only one minor complaint..WHY AREN'T THEY DELUXES !?  lol ;D

Agree ;D I really like the pachy, much more than the Safari dracorex :P
Looking at all of CollectA's 2013 figures, it looks like the Diablo is going to be the weakest of the lot unfortunately, but I still like it.
ironically, when CollectA first came out, the most common complaint was that their figures had really big feet ;D and now that it's much more accurate and proportioned, it's too small? LOL!
It would be interesting if this one will be produced as pictured without a base, or would it end up like the Oviraptor... attaching a base at the last minute ;)
Exciting lineup so far, in addition to the prehistoric animals, their new tapir, black buck, and maned wold looks really good,too :)

Here is a pachy skeleton:
http://press.princeton.edu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/pachycephalosaurus_wyomingensis.jpg

The hands on the collecta are way too big. The toes on the hind feet are too short, which I think is what is making the feet look too small (according to the skeletal, the hind toes should be about as long as the forearm). Also his ankles seem a little on the non-existent side. The pubis area hangs down too far IMO and does not flow into the stomach area, which is tucked in as though the figure is wearing a corset. Overall I think it is a very odd looking pachy. I definitely prefer the battat and kinto versions, but thumbs up to collecta for not putting the pachy in a head-butting pose.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Seijun

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 16, 2012, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: Seijun on November 16, 2012, 08:32:15 AM

....... and it shouldn't have the same colour as the fur ::).

And giving it a second look the pose is also incorrect if the animal is intended to be walking or running forward. Watch some videos of quadruped animals walking. By the time the left hind foot has come forward and touched the ground, the right front foot will be on the ground and perpendicular to the body of the animal, supporting the weight of the front end, while the left front foot is swinging forward. So basically on the papo the front legs need to switch places. This is something papo got correct on their African black rhino, so I am very disappointed that they got it wrong on the new wooly rhino. The Safari ML rhino has the same incorrect gait.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Seijun on November 16, 2012, 08:45:55 AM

http://press.princeton.edu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/pachycephalosaurus_wyomingensis.jpg

The hands on the collecta are way too big. The toes on the hind feet are too short, which I think is what is making the feet look too small (according to the skeletal, the hind toes should be about as long as the forearm). Also his ankles seem a little on the non-existent side. The pubis area hangs down too far IMO and does not flow into the stomach area, which is tucked in as though the figure is wearing a corset. Overall I think it is a very odd looking pachy. I definitely prefer the battat and kinto versions, but thumbs up to collecta for not putting the pachy in a head-butting pose.

The pic is about the skeleton of Stygimoloch! It's from the G. Paul's book and he lumps Pachy, Stygi and Dracorex

And this is the Pachycephalosaurus with its base

Libraraptor

Ugly CollectA Ankylosaurus!
Nice Pachy!
Great, great Daspletosaurus!
Sideshow Dilopho plays in another league,it´s stunning and awesome!

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 16, 2012, 10:04:09 AM
Quote from: Seijun on November 16, 2012, 08:45:55 AM

The pic is about the skeleton of Stygimoloch! It's from the G. Paul's book and he lumps Pachy, Stygi and Dracorex

And this is the Pachycephalosaurus with its base

That it is.  But regardless as to whether or not pachycephalosaurus and stygimoloch are truly the same animal or not, they at the very least are closely related and the remains for one are the best reference for the missing remains of the other.  We also have skeletons of other pachycephalosaurs (homalocephale i think?) that go along with all of this as well. 

Collecta did at first give their bipedal dinosaurs too large feet, and now they have gone too extreme in the other direction.  They should really be somewhere in the middle.  Don't get me wrong I like their figures and this is a tiny inaccuracy on figures that are usually otherwise quite good but its an inaccuracy none the less  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: