News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i must admit the collectA Daspletosaurus is kinda anticlimactic. maybe i was expecting a lot.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Balaur

The DaspletosaUrus is a total win! I will probably get that, the Pachy, Diplodocus, and Diablosaurus. Parasaurolophus and anky, not sure.

Takama

Its all collecta. So you can bet that I will get them eveantuly

Smart move on giveing the pachy a base

I assume that it was originally going to be without, but after the painful reception generated by eveyons favorite t-rex[sarcasium] they decided its better safe then sorry

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't mind bases on the dinos at all .  Will certainly picking up this Pachy, Daspleto, and maybe the Diablo and Diplo. The Para and Anky are easy skips.

Patrx

After comparing with that skeletal, I'm not convinced I'll be buying that Pachy - the proportions of the limbs are just too far off. Sadly, I had pretty high hopes for CollectA after last year's stellar Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus. They really are doing a great job lately with regard to detail, and I like a lot of their stylistic choices. It just seems like it'd be a pretty simple thing to look up a recent skeletal and make sure the proportions are at least close. ??? It's great to see a company putting bases on their bipedal figures – except that the entire purpose of a base is so that the proportions and shape of the animal can be correct without concern for stability, so a figure with a base that has totally wonky limbs anyway is a bit confusing. In short, they're doing so many things right that the stuff they get wrong is just perplexing.

Horridus

Quote from: Seijun on November 16, 2012, 08:32:15 AM
The horn on the papo rhino looks really... weird..
It looks like a fossil horn - similar to their Triceratops.

The Collecta Daspletosaurus is...odd. It's proportioned like an adult, except for the huge, rounded head. Where did THAT come from?

The Pachycephalosaurus isn't too bad...I hope they've given it nice, wide hips.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Arrancon

I really like how the base of the Pachy looks just like the terrain on the families and plants. Hopefully its in 1:40 scale and its base "connects" with the other ones.

SBell

Quote from: Dinobot on November 16, 2012, 06:25:03 PM
I really like how the base of the Pachy looks just like the terrain on the families and plants. Hopefully its in 1:40 scale and its base "connects" with the other ones.

From what I've been told, it is indeed meant to connect with the other plant bases.

tanystropheus

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 16, 2012, 04:13:18 PM
I don't mind bases on the dinos at all .  Will certainly picking up this Pachy, Daspleto, and maybe the Diablo and Diplo. The Para and Anky are easy skips.

Yeah, I'm interested in the Diplo, Diablo and Pachy, as well.

I'm not familiar with CollectA bases. Are they detachable?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Horridus on November 16, 2012, 05:37:09 PM

I've noticed that. Papo remains thematically consistent in their prehistoric products, painstakingly so.

Himmapaan

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 16, 2012, 08:02:05 PM

I've noticed that. Papo remains thematically consistent in their prehistoric products, painstakingly so.

I think it may be coincidence though. I doubt it's by the same sculptor as their dinosaurs.

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 16, 2012, 08:02:05 PM

In that there is always something, somewhere, that is glaringly 'off'? ;D

ITewan

I actually like the Ankylosaurus... And I would get the repaint if I didn't have the original. I LURV dat Pachy, definitely getting it :D
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Ikessauro

With that base the Pachy is much better. I hope it's detachable tough.

juju1305

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 17, 2012, 01:22:01 AM
With that base the Pachy is much better. I hope it's detachable tough.

None of the CollectA based figures are but we might be surprised :)

Jetoar

Its is a great idea that this figure has a base  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Lady's and Gentlemen

I give you a little preview of the MOJO prehistoric mammals

Martien

do you know what they are????
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Arrancon

Wow! All four of those Mojo's look amazing. First one's the Deinothere, 3rd is the Brontothere, 4th looks like a Hyanodon. No idea about that 2nd one, not a clue.

postsaurischian

:o Awesome ..... these appetizers do look awesome!
I guess Mojö will have a better reputation here next year ;).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: