News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Wow those Mojos look great so far!  Hopefully Mojo can carve a niche for itself in the prehistoric mammal market, small as it may be. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 17, 2012, 09:56:54 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 17, 2012, 08:11:25 PM
As much as I hate to ruin everyone else's enthusiasm, I would like to point out it is really hard to judge how good a figure will be from just a heavily cropped photo.
Their Smilodon and Mammoth look pretty good too, when they're cropped in the same manner ;)

You're not ruining my enthusiasm. Of course you can't judge the whole figure.
But if you can't see a difference in sculpting quality, just from these details .......

....... then you still have a lot to learn ;).
There's more to quality than just details. A figure can be as detailed as you like, but if the anatomy is deformed, no amount of pretty sculpt detail can save it.

But since Dan said these are good, I am going to take his word for it. The question is...will they also do the same for their dinosaurs?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Dan on November 17, 2012, 08:49:56 PM
In this instance, the preview does provide a representative glimpse - at least of the prototype models. Trust me, they are stunning. Mojo may very well rival CollectA for the title of "Most Sudden and Absurdly Impressive Turnaround in Prehistoric Figure Quality" to take place within a single year. That's a real thing, right?

That is very true. I hope that the final product will like or better than the prototype pics I saw ;D
But they are ,without a doubt, really cool and will  be competing with CollectA head-on :))
No big bird in these group ;)

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 18, 2012, 03:19:51 AM
In this instance, the preview does provide a representative glimpse - at least of the prototype models. Trust me, they are stunning. Mojo may very well rival CollectA for the title of "Most Sudden and Absurdly Impressive Turnaround in Prehistoric Figure Quality" to take place within a single year. That's a real thing, right?

That is very true. I hope that the final product will like or better than the prototype pics I saw ;D
But they are ,without a doubt, really cool and will  be competing with CollectA head-on :))
I've just seen more of the prototype of the Deinotherium by chance while happening upon a modern sloth figure in development from the same line on another forum,and from what I can see it looks like that Deinotherium will beat the CollectA one hands down. ^-^
These mojo prehistoric mammal toys so far have been the most impressive looking ones to me since the Carnegie Museum mammoth in 2003. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: John on November 18, 2012, 03:38:46 AM

I've just seen more of the prototype of the Deinotherium by chance while happening upon a modern sloth figure in development from the same line on another forum,and from what I can see it looks like that Deinotherium will beat the CollectA one hands down. ^-^
These mojo prehistoric mammal toys so far have been the most impressive looking ones to me since the Carnegie Museum mammoth in 2003. ;D

I just hope it will be big ;D Yeah, it looks like it will  be closer to what we are used to seeing as far as deinotherium restoration than the CollectA one. I'm really curious to know how big these Mojo figures are going to be...

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 18, 2012, 03:46:59 AM

I just hope it will be big ;D Yeah, it looks like it will  be closer to what we are used to seeing as far as deinotherium restoration than the CollectA one. I'm really curious to know how big these Mojo figures are going to be...
Well the sloth figure prototype in the picture looks to be roughly 4" long and wide,so I would guess the Deinotherium will be maybe around 8 or 9" long.

http://schleichtiersammler.forumieren.de/t6534p15-1st-pictures-of-mojo-2013-sloth-on-development

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

LOL, I only see like  2 inches of an unpainted Deinotherium in that picture, well at least enough to know for sure that it isn't a Loch Ness monster, a floating log or an oarfish.  Based on the post, I get the impression that the CollectA Deinotherium is not well-received (...yes, it is an unconventional representation, but I kind of love like it, and I appreciate CollectA's artistic license). However, I would be ecstatic if the Mojo Deinotheirum is even better than CollectA's---the Deinotherium is my favorite prehistoric mammal!

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 18, 2012, 04:38:41 AM

LOL, I only see like  2 inches of an unpainted Deinotherium in that picture, well at least enough to know for sure that it isn't a Loch Ness monster, a floating log or an oarfish.  Based on the post, I get the impression that the CollectA Deinotherium is not well-received (...yes, it is an unconventional representation, but I kind of love like it, and I appreciate CollectA's artistic license). However, I would be ecstatic if the Mojo Deinotheirum is even better than CollectA's---the Deinotherium is my favorite prehistoric mammal!
Trust me,it is the Deinotherium without a doubt. :) There are more pictures on that page that show bits of the Deinotherium that are enough for me to give a rough estimate in it's size. 8)

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on November 18, 2012, 05:01:47 AM

Trust me,it is the Deinotherium without a doubt. :) There are more pictures on that page that show bits of the Deinotherium that are enough for me to give a rough estimate in it's size. 8)

It probably is the Deinotherium--the slope on the back of the head and upper back appears reasonable for a Deinotherium model.

It's nice to see a resurgence of prehistoric mammals and terror birds. ;D

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 18, 2012, 05:08:48 AM
Quote from: John on November 18, 2012, 05:01:47 AM

It probably is the Deinotherium--the slope on the back of the head and upper back appears reasonable for a Deinotherium model.

It's nice to see a resurgence of prehistoric mammals and terror birds. ;D
Many prehistoric animals that were my favorites as a kid have been turning up in the last few years as well (Ceratosaurus,Styracosaurus,even Dimorphodon) so I know how it feels. ;D

Balaur

Mojo? Doing a very good job! Wow! I'll ge the new ones definentally! I'm prety sure the first pic is Deinotherium.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

ok every one whants to know the scale

they are 1/20,,

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

postsaurischian

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 18, 2012, 08:49:20 AM
they are 1/20,,

:o :D !!
Are you sure? Do you know how large a 1:20 Deinotherium had to be?
Looking at my Sean Cooper 1:20 Brontotherium I can't believe that the Mojö figures will be that big.
But if this was true I'd be blown away.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Here are the last parts of the preview

next pictures wil be the complete model

STORMnl  aka  Martien

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

all 4 prehistoric mammals wil be scale 1/20,,just checked it again

and in febr,, they going to think about the 2014 line,for sure i can tell again 4 mammals(maybey 6)

they want to go further with there great prehistoric mammals line

sauroid

i guess the reason why Mojo is focusing on making prehistoric mammals is because they failed with their dinosaur/prehistoric reptiles line. i really dont mind if they stop making subpar dino figures as long as they keep making awesome prehistoric mammals and extant animals.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CM

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 18, 2012, 12:56:34 PM
all 4 prehistoric mammals wil be scale 1/20,,just checked it again

and in febr,, they going to think about the 2014 line,for sure i can tell again 4 mammals(maybey 6)

they want to go further with there great prehistoric mammals line

Really good news, I'm glad someone is picking up the prehistoric mammals in a big way.  There are so many that deserve really good models.

Ikessauro

Mojo could not make a better choice. They really have to invest in the Prehistoric Mammal market because no one is doing that. If they stick to those bad dinos they'll not get much money. I imagine if they kept releasing mammals every year, would be awesome!

Takama

I would be content with just buying there mamals then.   I have plenty of Dinos.

Fukuiraptor

Same here.  Mammal figures are not that common when compared to dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: