News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

I think that this figure has a big head and his neck is too short but is one intepretation but is not dang from my point of view.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

lolwut?

anyways... i cant wait to see full pics of the Mojo prehistoric mammals
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Horridus

Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 18, 2012, 10:10:23 PM
How hard is it for toy sculptors to...just do an image search on google for its skeleton?
This is the galling thing. The oversized feet I can understand (although they are REALLY oversized), but it's like they only found a reference for the head and made the rest up.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Somehow I like the chubby Carnotaurus :) ..... in a cartoonish way.
One of the best Dinosaur figures Schleich has ever produced ;D.

Seijun

Quote from: Horridus on November 19, 2012, 06:46:00 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 18, 2012, 10:10:23 PM
How hard is it for toy sculptors to...just do an image search on google for its skeleton?
This is the galling thing. The oversized feet I can understand (although they are REALLY oversized), but it's like they only found a reference for the head and made the rest up.

Or in the case of the styrac, it looks like the sculptor was just handed a pic of Disney's "Eema" and was told, "here, make something that looks like this, but don't make it exact so we can't get sued" and then the sculptor made EVERYTHING up!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

this is the last Preview

The Return Of The Mammoth's

stoneage

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 19, 2012, 02:36:19 AM
Oh, dear. I'm afraid I actually burst out laughing aloud at the sight of the Schleich Styracosaurus, I'm so sorry. 

Good head on the Carnotaurus, but it requires transplanting. Now if we could only find a suitable body. As for the feet, well, clearly...

I didn't know you were familiar with Fats Waller.

Takama

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 19, 2012, 08:13:15 PM
this is the last Preview

I think its obvious to say that this is the Brontotherium

suspsy

That Schleich Carnotaurus is laughably inaccurate (surprise, surprise), yet its proportions make it look very, very cute.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2012, 08:47:19 PM
That Schleich Carnotaurus is laughably inaccurate (surprise, surprise), yet its proportions make it look very, very cute.

"Cute" seems to be the direction of most of Schleich's figures--their dragons are the same way--lots of sculpting and detail, but more cartoonish and cute.

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tanystropheus

this is the last Preview

After seeing a recent (and vastly zoomed-in) image of the CollectA Megacerops on pg. 96 of "Recent Acquisitions", I truly hope this Brontotherium alternative remains gender neutral.

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 19, 2012, 10:31:31 PM
this is the last Preview

After seeing a recent (and vastly zoomed-in) image of the CollectA Megacerops on pg. 96 of "Recent Acquisitions", I truly hope this Brontotherium alternative remains gender neutral.
Nope!It's going to be ALL MAN!!!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on November 19, 2012, 09:51:05 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2012, 08:47:19 PM

"Cute" seems to be the direction of most of Schleich's figures--their dragons are the same way--lots of sculpting and detail, but more cartoonish and cute.

That and price is why I don't any of their dragons.. :(

Seijun

I just hope the bronto has an appropriately small head. That's the only thing I really didn't like about collectas bronto, the head was too big.

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 19, 2012, 10:31:31 PM
this is the last Preview

European companies rarely keep things neutral--and sorry folks, but mammals have baggage (literally?).  For people that complain about toe accuracy in reptiles, external genitalia (in some form) on most mammals would be a requirement for accuracy as well. Be afraid if anyone makes an accurate Chimpanzee!

Seijun

Not chimps, but Bullyland made anatomically correct homo sapien ancestors (their "evolution of man" series).

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on November 20, 2012, 01:21:43 AM
Not chimps, but Bullyland made anatomically correct homo sapien ancestors (their "evolution of man" series).

Definitely true...but the word 'softball' gets tossed around to describe Pan (keep in mind they are the size of a medium adult human male)--while I have no hang ups, I really don't need to see THAT lovingly rendered in detail, thanks ;D

juju1305

Quote from: Takama on November 18, 2012, 08:14:19 PM
Schilich

Styrachosaurus

Carnotaurus

these new Schleich figures are really interesting. Totally not accurate, but the overall look&feel is very appealing. They're more cartoony than what Schleich has done before, but between inaccurate and ugly vs inaccurate and nicely cartoony, I guess this is a good pick.

The carnotaur has terrible feet but I love the head. I'll be getting those two.

Overall 2013 looks like a pretty good year. CollectA has some good stuff, Safari too. Hopefully, Papo will have more than just the (great looking rhino, maybe a carno of a dilophosaurus and another sauropod would be fantastic)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: