News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Takama on December 07, 2012, 02:35:43 AM
Bashing them together to roughly like they think dinosaurs did.
I do remember one review on Amazon.com from a parent complaining that one model was heavy enough to be a weapon when thrown by her kid...I wonder which of the 2013 dinosaur toys will fit that category?Maybe one of the Schleich ones? ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Some people just dont know what there buying, It hurts me to see collectibles go to such tourture

Brontozaurus

Quote from: John on December 07, 2012, 03:38:55 AM
I do remember one review on Amazon.com from a parent complaining that one model was heavy enough to be a weapon when thrown by her kid...I wonder which of the 2013 dinosaur toys will fit that category?Maybe one of the Schleich ones? ;D

On that note, I have realised that my Toyway Diplodocus makes an excellent improvised bludgeoning weapon. The neck is a good handle, and it even has spikes for nasty damage.

I can see Schelich's new Carnotaurus being a formidable weapon, with all those spikes.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on December 07, 2012, 05:05:48 AM
Some people just dont know what there buying, It hurts me to see collectibles go to such tourture

But that's good for us collectors!
The price for unharmed models rises with the increasing number of 'played-with-specimens' ;D.

SBell

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 07, 2012, 06:31:16 AM
Quote from: John on December 07, 2012, 03:38:55 AM

On that note, I have realised that my Toyway Diplodocus makes an excellent improvised bludgeoning weapon. The neck is a good handle, and it even has spikes for nasty damage.

I can see Schelich's new Carnotaurus being a formidable weapon, with all those spikes.

The best weapon will always be the Schleich Shonisaurus.  That thing is like a mace. The big Monterey Bay Great White Shark would be good for the off-hand.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I always preferred the massive club that was the original Carnegie Brachiosaurus... ;D

Splonkadumpocus

I'm disappointed that the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus was retired. Even with the current Brachiosaurus in production, they could have just re-labeled the old one "Giraffatitan" and carried on.

juju1305

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on December 07, 2012, 05:16:13 PM
I'm disappointed that the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus was retired. Even with the current Brachiosaurus in production, they could have just re-labeled the old one "Giraffatitan" and carried on.

Maybe they have an upcoming new model of giraffatitan in stock for 2014 or 2015, that would be so cool  :))

Ikessauro

No news on Papo stuff yet?? It's December already...

tanystropheus

I wonder if Papo is taking a break for 2013 (to recharge)...they did have a very robust line-up this year...

Ikessauro

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 07, 2012, 08:44:14 PM
I wonder if Papo is taking a break for 2013 (to recharge)...they did have a very robust line-up this year...

I really hope not.

suspsy

I couldn't care less whether it's called a toy or a collectible, it's all the same thing to me.

And yeah, I can't see why Papo would choose to skip dinosaurs for 2013.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on December 07, 2012, 09:05:25 PM
I couldn't care less whether it's called a toy or a collectible, it's all the same thing to me.

A few years ago their only figure was a mammoth, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.  And since we already know there is a mammal for 2013, and 2012 saw like, 7 figures, they may take a creative break. Or they'll surprise us all.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on December 07, 2012, 10:23:10 PM

A few years ago their only figure was a mammoth, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.  And since we already know there is a mammal for 2013, and 2012 saw like, 7 figures, they may take a creative break. Or they'll surprise us all.

And they can still do everybody a big favour and release the new Brown T-Rex worldwide. That's two figures for 2013 then. I'd prefer more, but I'd settle for that number. :)

Primeval12

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 07, 2012, 04:05:47 PM
I always preferred the massive club that was the original Carnegie Brachiosaurus... ;D

One fell on me once!

Brontozaurus

BREAKING: Local bank robbed. Suspect described as armed with a plastic dinosaur.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 08, 2012, 04:00:49 AM

BREAKING: Local bank robbed. Suspect described as armed with a plastic dinosaur.

Wasn't me...heh heh

suspsy

Quote from: SBell on December 07, 2012, 10:23:10 PM

I can definitely see them cutting back the number of toys. But to go an entire year without any dinosaurs after they've been going strong for so long?

Toy Fair still isn't for awhile. Fingers crossed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Seijun

Ive been very dissapointed with all their recent dinos except the pachycephalosaurus, so Im actually a little relieved that there wont be any new dinos for 2013. Less for me to hate strongly dislike ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tanystropheus

I'm actually fairly neutral about the possibility of Papo not releasing dinosaurs in 2013, especially since I'm rather behind in collecting what has already been released (e.g brown baby T-rex, brown standing adult T-rex, Brachiosaurus) . All in all, 2012 was by far Papo's best year in terms of marketable releases. It's nice to see them leave their comfort zone for a change, and release a superior sauropod product this year. I expect really great things from Papo in the following years, and hopefully they will someday decide to consult a paleontologist (and/or google search), as well. I also look forward to their beautiful Wooly Rhino (yes, the one with the fossilized horn...)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: