News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Lots of retro-goodness.

Yes, the Styracosaurus is once of the Revel Mini-Dinos. Original retail price was around 3 DM during the 90s. Toys"R§Us later had lots of them for 96 Pfennige.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

The cynognathus before in the ancient prehistoric toy animal enterprises was much better represented than the current companies.

They are ancient figures of dinosaurs worthy of a consecrated and perfectionist collector.  :)

Libraraptor

Thanks for the comments  ^-^ I enjoy you enjoying my collection pictures  :D
Here are four Marx Ornithischians:

Shonisaurus

Since honestly I do not know hardly anything of the figures of dinosaurs Marx but sincerely that for their time they were quite nice and impressive figures.

Their duck-billed dinosaurs are quite good and acceptable. Thanks for sharing Libraraptor, these figures today in the market will cost a lot of money I suppose.  :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 07, 2018, 08:12:42 PM
Thanks for the comments  ^-^ I enjoy you enjoying my collection pictures  :D
Here are four Marx Ornithischians:

Ah, the vintage Marx figures ^-^ I love these guys, sometimes we get so caught up with all of the new figures that we forget to step back and appreciate these guys ^-^

Libraraptor

Does anyone know that in the sixties some Marx dinosaurs had been painted in Germany ? Or did they just use the molds? This painted Plateosaurus is from a more brittle and light material than the usual Marx.  I am proud of having one with "lipstick ".

Halichoeres

According to Joe DeMarco, they're genuine Marx, but he says it's unknown whether they came from the US or Japanese factory (which presumably had identical molds). Congrats on the Plateosaurus!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 11, 2018, 03:19:38 PM
According to Joe DeMarco, they're genuine Marx, but he says it's unknown whether they came from the US or Japanese factory (which presumably had identical molds). Congrats on the Plateosaurus!

Thanks for the Info! :)
Here we have Postosuchus x 3. Safari and Lontic:

Shonisaurus

The other postosuchus did not know them but they are great. The one from the lontic brand is very nice.  :)

You do not have to envy the Safari brand with my complete respect to one of my favorite companies.  :)

Megalosaurus

Great Marx Ornithischians. I remember to play with those in my childhood.

Hey, I also have the Lontic Posto & a couple of its children. These are great. Now you need the WWD one to expand the family.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Megalosaurus on March 13, 2018, 05:30:29 PM
Great Marx Ornithischians. I remember to play with those in my childhood.

Hey, I also have the Lontic Posto & a couple of its children. These are great. Now you need the WWD one to expand the family.

Sigh.  I know and I am looking for one. But at the Moment they are too expensive to afford as a bargain.

RobinGoodfellow

It's a shame that all Postosuchus toys are wrong: Postosuchus was mainly bipedal, with really short and weak front arms..
(That's why I love so much Shane Foulkes resin Postosuchus..  ;) )

Lanthanotus

Well, Postosuchus is kind of a hard nut in my opinion..... weakly developed hips, comparably weak femora with a joint that does not seem fit to sustain the weight of the animal in a 100% pendular movement for a long time aswell as plantigrade feet, all this combined with a heavy skull and backbone.... as a  biped - obligatory or facultative - it would have been an awkward walker. Given, the front limbs are comparably short and skinny, but the shoulder blades at least are well developed. I dare say the animal wasn't as active as it is often shown and reconstructions as on the two first images don't give justice to the balance point (hence body densitiy distribution throughout the animal) to allow for a walk without any aid of the front limbs.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 13, 2018, 07:23:01 PM
Well, Postosuchus is kind of a hard nut in my opinion..... weakly developed hips, comparably weak femora with a joint that does not seem fit to sustain the weight of the animal in a 100% pendular movement for a long time aswell as plantigrade feet, all this combined with a heavy skull and backbone.... as a  biped - obligatory or facultative - it would have been an awkward walker. Given, the front limbs are comparably short and skinny, but the shoulder blades at least are well developed. I dare say the animal wasn't as active as it is often shown and reconstructions as on the two first images don't give justice to the balance point (hence body densitiy distribution throughout the animal) to allow for a walk without any aid of the front limbs.

Probably not a long-running bipedal but even not a full-time quadrupedal..

http://chinleana.fieldofscience.com/2009/01/was-postosuchus-bipedal-or-quadrupedal.html

Libraraptor

An interesting debate here.  That picture showing the Aetosaur being attacked by Postosuchus reminds me of pictures showing T.rex attacking an Anklyosaur.  Can one speak of evolutionary convergence in this case?

Lanthanotus

Well, convergence.... there's certainly to some degree, as the bipedal stance and the powerfull skull, definetly designed other than that of usual "crocs". However, as said above, I highly doubt activity patterns as the one suggested in that picture based on skeletal morphology. Personally I see Postosuchus as a terrestial ambush predator, maybe using thick undergrowth to hide himself near animal tracks as Komodo dragons do, however overpowering its victims in a different way by a powerfull attack with bites and its weight.

Libraraptor

Pliosaur time! Bristol Museum Pliosaurus carpenteri,  Schleich Kronosaurus,  Invicta and Kaiyodo.

Bokisaurus

Lovely group of marine reptiles. The Bristol Pliosaur has the funnies eyes, I had to repaint mine a little to make it less distracting :))

Shonisaurus

By the way, the Bristol pliosaurus, is it available on eBay? I'm interested in that figure.  :))

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 15, 2018, 09:32:45 PM
By the way, the Bristol pliosaurus, is it available on eBay? I'm interested in that figure.  :))

You can get it directly from the museum, only way I know....click!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: