News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice representation of gigantoraptor by three different dinosaur brands. I do not understand why that species is no longer represented in the toy dinosaur market and at an acceptable size according to the species that is gigantic.

triceratops83

Gigantoraptor seems pretty lucky in that there only seems to be good figures of it. Even the old Collecta version looks pretty good in your photo.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

The Capcom one is really nice especially. I had it, but then sold it because I was so sure the Battat was about to be released, or failing that, the large-format PNSO version. I suppose the latter could still emerge in time.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Four small Hadrosaurs: PNSO Tsintaosaurus, David Krentz Gryposaurus, Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection Lambeosaurus, PNSO Olorotitan

Some small Ceratopsians: PNSO, Inpro, Marx, Safari

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you, Libraraptor, you have a good set of toy dinosaur miniatures and of very varied brands. In the variety of brand there is the excellence of a collection.

triceratops83

Oh, cool, you've got the Antediluvian Gryposaurus. I wish David Krentz would make more kits - he's one of my favourite sculptors.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Always nice to see some hadrosaurs. I'd definitely like some of those in a larger size (I'm pretty happy with the Safari Gryposaurus, of course).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

Good feeling to have these two with their bases which can also function as shelves.

Shonisaurus

I'm glad you have both the yangchuanosaurus and the therizinosaurus from Safari, I sincerely like the therizinosaurus a lot. It is a "retro" figure that I am passionate about and despite the time that has elapsed, it continues to fascinate me as a figure. I sincerely wish there were more featherless therizinosaurus figures on the market like that of Dinosaurs of China. I have to admit that I still don't get used to feathered dinosaurs even though those are very scientific. It's true.

triceratops83

I remember the Dinosaurs of China from an add in a magazine I had as a kid - those adds always had stuff I could never get a hold of. Cool acquisitions, do you have the mamenchisaurus?

CityRaptor

Ah, Dinosaurs of China. Got both Theropods a few years ago, still in box, for cheap,  but missed out on the Mamenschisaurus.

And while the stands do make shelves, personally I am not risking it. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

I would love for them to revisit this style of figure again. I like the idea of including a fossil with the life reconstruction. Though, it seems like that would be more like something Kaiyodo would do.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 04, 2020, 11:39:58 PM
Using them as shelves is a brilliant idea, I have never before seen them displayed this way.

Thanks to Tesa Power Strips ^-^

avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 : No, unfortunately I don´t have their Mamenchisaurus (yet...) and I just dida little research telling me that someone here in Germany is offering it for 200,- Euro, which is a little too much for me :o

Kapitaenosavrvs

Love the Idea with getting them on the Wall. This could also be a great Idea to have bigger or more Detailed Figures directly and alone for Display. Of course with a custom "shelf". Hmmmm...

Halichoeres

If only more companies would make these I wouldn't have to spend so much money on bookcases.

Well, except for all the books, I guess.

Loon

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 04, 2020, 08:47:35 AM

Meet my Gigantoraptor trio!

Not so Gigant-ic!  :)) ;D :)) ;D Thank you, I'll be here all week!

Seriously though, I hope someone makes a decent sized figure of this species at some point. Still, I'm shocked by how how nice the older CollectA figure looks.

triceratops83

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 05, 2020, 05:14:17 PM
avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 : No, unfortunately I don´t have their Mamenchisaurus (yet...) and I just dida little research telling me that someone here in Germany is offering it for 200,- Euro, which is a little too much for me :o

Well hopefully you get it one day. I also love the displays stuck to the wall.

Libraraptor

Two great Ichtyosaurs by Schleich and Playful Home.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The other one looks very cute, nice additions
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new marine reptiles. Honestly in my case it is my only shonisaurus, at least one brand of toy dinosaurs has had the detail of looking at one of my favorite prehistoric marine reptiles and which I carry the standard of my DTF identification.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: