News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice photographs sincerely in my case I had a less numerous collection 30 years ago than the one you show in your photographs. It still seems incredible that we are in 2021 with all this series of prehistoric scientific and film animals so varied. If they tell me or rather, I visualize what was going to happen 30 years ago, I would not sincerely believe it, although honestly, who would know that I was nineteen years old! the best of life, divine youth treasure.

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 05, 2021, 08:55:34 PM

My humble beginnings as a collector.  30 or so years ago.
I'm green with envy ... I wish I had such a lovely collection! But I was happy to, those were the days.

Lanthanotus

Oh my, that cabinet, I remember that kind too well :D .

Nice collection, especially considering the age and your location... where did you get all these from? Realtives from
the isle or tourist visits there?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 06, 2021, 11:21:29 AM
Oh my, that cabinet, I remember that kind too well :D .

Nice collection, especially considering the age and your location... where did you get all these from? Realtives from
the isle or tourist visits there?

Neither the first nor the latter. In Grömitz at the Baltic Sea there was a Bookshop where all the figures were available. I was allowed to buy only one or two figures per holiday. Each holiday I held my breath hoping they´d still be there. Can you imagine, waiting one year for a new addition?!

Lanthanotus

I hope it was a nice place to go for you besides those models, taking in account how often you`d been there ;)

Sarapaurolophus

Loving the retros as well as the retro snapshots!

Halichoeres

I love the blast from the past!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Subduction

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 04, 2021, 01:40:29 PM

My smallest dinosaurs. Safari minis and other stuff.

Adopted this fellow out of pure sympathy  and pity. Some ruthless person grinded parts of the beak and horn away. With the other figures around,  this Triceratops will feel safe from now on!

That Triceratops is a trooper! But even troopers need to have a feeling of security. I'm sure his new herd will treat him well.

It only took me like a month to finally comment in your collection. It's so nice! How long have you been collecting figures? And more importantly, how many do you think you have? :D

Libraraptor

Thank you, S @Subduction ! I started collecting over 35 years ago,  but keep in mind I had a long dark age.  Hence the bulk of my collection has been bulding up since 13 or so years. My dark period ended when I decided to complete my Invicta collection with looking for their blue whale.  And guess where I was helped? 
When asked,  I used to say I have 1000 figures,  but honestly,  I   never counted them.

Libraraptor

Some random stuff:

Big Dimetrodon which I know nothing about adorning my bookshelf.

Wind-up ornithischians I don´t know anything about either:

Marbled brown Marx/Superior figures:

Stegotyranno420

Awesome. I love those Marx figures, they look so comical and vintage. Nice

Halichoeres

That Dimetrodon is really interesting! It looks like the style of Clover/ Sun & Brownie, but to my knowledge they never made a Dimetrodon. A little bit of a Thunder-Beasts vibe too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

CityRaptor

Maybe it is the Thunder Beasts one. I know that at least the Euoplocephalus does not match the colors of the figure shown on the picture.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/ThunderBeasts.htm
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

You know, I think you're right. If so it will probably have a little "M T" stamped on the belly somewhere.

Libraraptor

Edaphosaurus and Komododragon. Approx. same scale.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 06, 2021, 02:00:26 PM
You know, I think you're right. If so it will probably have a little "M T" stamped on the belly somewhere.

It has :)

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 29, 2021, 06:16:29 PM
Wind-up ornithischians I don´t know anything about either:

I have three of them, the two you have and one more. They are from 1993, by New Ray Toys (or at least that's what I found about them). There are at least two more I don't have: a tyrannosaurus and a brachiosaurus. Take good care of them!

Crackington

Hi avatar_Duna @Duna, is the other one a stegosaurus?

I got one many moons ago, just about works now. Will dig it out and take a snap, but wondering if we should start a new thread on wind-up dinos for members to post pictures? Conscious that this is avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor aptor (excellent) collection thread.

Duna

Quote from: Crackington on February 07, 2021, 10:24:47 PM
Hi avatar_Duna @Duna, is the other one a stegosaurus?

I got one many moons ago, just about works now. Will dig it out and take a snap, but wondering if we should start a new thread on wind-up dinos for members to post pictures? Conscious that this is avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor aptor (excellent) collection thread.
Yes, if you can call it "stegosaurus"  :)). It's green with a light green sail with many spikes. And a HORN ;D on the head.

Archinto

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 29, 2021, 06:16:29 PM
Some random stuff:

Big Dimetrodon which I know nothing about adorning my bookshelf.

This is a thunder beasts dimetrodon and I have been desparately seeking one for the past 8 years. Would you be willing to sell or trade this to me?
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: