News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Is the Playful Home one squishy? It looks squishy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 14, 2020, 02:48:16 PM

To me, both look the way i imagine their sound when falling on a wooden Table. *bonk* But yes, they look quite cute. Nice additions!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 15, 2020, 01:11:13 PM

To me, both look the way i imagine their sound when falling on a wooden Table. *bonk* But yes, they look quite cute. Nice additions!

The Playful Home one is indeed squishy (hollow), avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , so avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs only one of them makes "bonk" ;D

Libraraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 15, 2020, 03:48:52 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 15, 2020, 01:11:13 PM

The Playful Home one is indeed squishy (hollow), avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , so avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs only one of them makes "bonk" ;D

Libraraptor

Please have a look at my little new acquisitions!

Antediluvian Miniatures Dicynodont:

Antediluvian Miniatures Labyrinthodont:

Antediluvian Miniatures Rhamphorhynchus:

Field Museum Anatotitan:

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, these Antediluvian Miniatures figures are totally attractive and obviously that anatotitan.

Libraraptor

Two totally random ornithopods.  I like the dynamic in the right one.  It would look great with a cool repaint.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions, what brand do you belong to? The mark of either of the two ornithopods does not sound familiar to me.

BlueKrono

The one on the left is Kron from Disney's Dinosaur(2000). Don't know what the one on the right is.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 02, 2020, 09:46:17 PM
My congratulations on your new acquisitions, what brand do you belong to? The mark of either of the two ornithopods does not sound familiar to me.

It just reads "China" at the belly. It has a seam behind the front leg and it has a squeezing device (!) where its cloaca should be ;D

Halichoeres

Interesting take on that dicynodont! It looks like it has armor scutes?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Newt

It, and the "Labyrinthodon", are based on Hawkins' Crystal Palace statues. I believe Hawkins' Ramphorhynchus was rather different from the Antediluvian Miniatures piece, though.

I'm not sure where the idea that dicynodonts were turtle-esque came from, but it was the state-of-the-science view at the time the statues were made.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 04, 2020, 07:10:12 PM

Yes, I have been wondering about that kind of depiction, too.
Found an interesting article about the Crystal Palace statues here.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/the-dinosaurs-of-crystal-palace-among-the-most-accurate-renditions-of-prehistoric-life-ever-made/

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 02, 2020, 08:47:04 PM

Two totally random ornithopods.  I like the dynamic in the right one.  It would look great with a cool repaint.
nice additions, is the one on the left the McDonalds toy? I think I have a couple of that Kron
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

Arctinus

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 02, 2020, 08:47:04 PM

Oooh, I remember the Kron figure from McDonald's!  ;D Too bad I gave it (and all the others from the Dinosaur 2000 collection) away when I thought I didn't need toys anymore.  :-\

Halichoeres

Quote from: Newt on December 05, 2020, 12:15:35 AM
It, and the "Labyrinthodon", are based on Hawkins' Crystal Palace statues. I believe Hawkins' Ramphorhynchus was rather different from the Antediluvian Miniatures piece, though.

I'm not sure where the idea that dicynodonts were turtle-esque came from, but it was the state-of-the-science view at the time the statues were made.

Ah, that makes sense! With their beaked, mostly toothless faces, it's not the craziest thing in the world to think they could have something to do with turtles.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 05, 2020, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 04, 2020, 07:10:12 PM

Yes, I have been wondering about that kind of depiction, too.
Found an interesting article about the Crystal Palace statues here.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/the-dinosaurs-of-crystal-palace-among-the-most-accurate-renditions-of-prehistoric-life-ever-made/

Thank you for the Article. It is written a bit loud, but in the End it was a great read.

Varanops

Arctinus, I made the same mistake.  Had to start over from scratch.  Learned the rule the hard way:  Don't give 'em away today; sleep on it for a year or so; THEN decide . . . to KEEP 'em!  Welcome, by the way.

Bokisaurus

Cool new ones, those metal one looks very interesting.

Haha, I remember those Kron figures when they came out, I may still have my original happy meal one😂

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: