News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

I've been looking for that Andrewsarchus for years. It's the last one I don't have. 😖
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 15, 2021, 06:16:12 PM

I am going to review both of them for our blog.
Whhhooooooaaaaahhh!!!!
I´d love to get that Moeritherium.

What an amazing find Libraraptor.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 16, 2021, 07:42:40 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on April 16, 2021, 11:21:15 AM
You have some beautiful book bindings behind your ceratopsians.

Yeah,  Walter Moers and Loriot: All time classics for me. ;)

I couldn't agree more on this. Unmatched and special.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 26, 2021, 10:25:05 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 15, 2021, 06:16:12 PM

I am going to review both of them for our blog.
Whhhooooooaaaaahhh!!!!
I´d love to get that Moeritherium.

What an amazing find Libraraptor.

Yeah, I got both by sheer chance. The Moeritherium was in a lot and I considered it as bycatch, especially noone here could tell me anything about it and we thought it was some reature out of a Star Wars swamp. The Andrewsarchus lurked in a toy box in a Kindergarten where I investigated for a reportage to a local lifestyle magazine. I bought the figure directly from the director by a donation to the thank you-box. Seeing how rare these "Hinstar" figures seem to be, I was incredibly lucky twice.

Shonisaurus

What material are that andrewsarchus and moeritherium made of? They are very attractive figures. My congratulations.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 27, 2021, 09:43:54 AM
What material are that andrewsarchus and moeritherium made of? They are very attractive figures. My congratulations.

Thank you! I´d say the Moeritherium feels a little like the CollectA Lisowicia, hard and heavy, whereas the Andrewsarchus feels like its Bullyland counterpart - a little softer and more flexible.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Wow, very interesting. Is that the only Moetherium as well?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 27, 2021, 08:51:34 PM
Wow, very interesting. Is that the only Moetherium as well?

Amongst others (?), Starlux made one, too.

Libraraptor

Four dicynodonts. 

Four turtles.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 04, 2021, 10:27:20 PM
Four turtles.

Cowabunga!

And now, if you put them next to the Dicynodonts, all you need is to put the Antediluvian Miniatures Dicynodont between them.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 04, 2021, 10:59:39 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on May 04, 2021, 10:27:20 PM
Four turtles.

Cowabunga!

And now, if you put them next to the Dicynodonts, all you need is to put the Antediluvian Miniatures Dicynodont between them.

Yes, of course, you´re right! You seem to know my collection better than I do :)) :)) My Antediluvian Dicynodont is the missing link here ^-^

Shonisaurus

You need to add the pleasure between the dicynodonts, it is a very beautiful figure too. Nice cast of dicynodont figures and prehistoric turtles!

Megalosaurus

Lovely figures.
May you give info on the long necked turtles?  Species, manufacturer, martial art?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 14, 2021, 12:41:00 AM
Lovely figures.
May you give info on the long necked turtles?  Species, manufacturer, martial art?

Yellow and black: Schleich Proganochelys, green: Starlux Archelon, brown: Kaiyodo Meiolania. And ninjutsu of course.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

It should be noted that Schleich's figure is marked Panzersaurier rather than Proganochelys.

Also loving that everyone goes with my TMNT joke.

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 05, 2021, 07:03:37 AM
Yes, of course, you´re right! You seem to know my collection better than I do

Nah, it's just something I remembered.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Starlux and Imperial Nothosaurus

Megalosaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 14, 2021, 03:26:04 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 14, 2021, 12:41:00 AM
Lovely figures.

Yellow and black: Schleich Proganochelys, green: Starlux Archelon, brown: Kaiyodo Meiolania. And ninjutsu of course.

Thank you!

Libraraptor

The rough charme of Bullyland Iguanodon and an Edmontosaurus with no brand name in it from 1991.

DinoToyForum

Duna

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 26, 2021, 10:32:16 PM
Repaint or knock-off of the UKRD Edmontosaurus? http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/05/19/edmontosaurus-ukrd/
It's not a knock-off, it's original, the second paint version of UKRD 1991 (the ones I call "blue nails"). It's a original UKRD from 1991, and they are quite rare nowadays, and the "blue-nailed" Edmontosaurus is one of the rarest, wow! Most paint of the nails has gone off, but you can still see that they were blue. I will post pictures of all of them to complete the UKRD page. :)

These are the "blue-nails":

And these are the first version, the "earthy tones":

Congrats for the finding. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: