News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Stegotyranno420

Very spectacular. Isisaurus is a fine sauropod. It's great to see more South Asian dinosaurs on the market now  :)

Bokisaurus

Wonderful! Are you going to paint it? Is that the small size? Looks nice and detailed.😃

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition, it is sincerely good that dinosaur companies make more and more varied sauropods every day. Even being a single color it is beautiful, although I also agree with Halichoeres that it would be interesting if it had a paint varnish, although without it it is still a great figure.

He is a spectacular figure.

Libraraptor

Thanks for your nice comments  !

B @Bokisaurus It is the small version and I am not going to paint it.

Above we see two very different approaches to do a Troodon figure.

Halichoeres

The Mattel one has quite the punk-rock hairdo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Ooh nice Isisaurus, that's an animal I've taken a liking too more recently.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

Pterosaur time! Marolin and Invicta Pteranodon. Antedeluvian and Linde Rhamphorhynchus. 

SidB

The monochromes sure show well together.

CityRaptor

I looked up and saw a pair of mighty Thipdars. The female resting on a rock, the male walking on the ground. I knew well about their strength for I have once seen a trio of them carrying away a mighty tarag. The thipdars weren't alone however, as I also saw their masters, two Mahars. One of these highly intelligent creatures was already in the air while her companion was about to lift off as well, having already spread her wings.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Nice retro pterosaurs, the one I like the most is the Linde rhamphorhynchus along with the pteranodon from Invicta.

Duna

Oh, those are little gems for any collector ... congrats!  ^-^

Libraraptor

Thanks for all your interesting and kind comments.  Here we have Starlux Anatosaurus (Hadrosaurus?) and BBC Parksosaurus:

Shonisaurus

Beautiful and very cool figures, the Starlux baryonxy is a super nice and attractive retro. On the other hand, the BBC parkosaurus must be one of the few of its kind in existence.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 17, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
Beautiful and very cool figures, the Starlux baryonxy is a super nice and attractive retro. On the other hand, the BBC parkosaurus must be one of the few of its kind in existence.

Yes, I like that Starlux Hadrosaur very much, too! So retro!

And yes, there are very few figures of small Ornithischians out there :-\

Halichoeres

Oddly, DTC, TAI, and DeMarco all identify this as Shantungosaurus, which was named in 1973. But the figure was first released in 1972, so its initial release must have had some other name, maybe something generic like 'hadrosaure.'
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Duna

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 17, 2021, 04:49:42 PM
Oddly, DTC, TAI, and DeMarco all identify this as Shantungosaurus, which was named in 1973. But the figure was first released in 1972, so its initial release must have had some other name, maybe something generic like 'hadrosaure.'
Yes, you are totally right. In fact it was named "Trachodon", as many others did (Marx, Sinclair ...).

Here it is the original catalogue from 1972 in which that figure was released:

By the way avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor that Starlux figure is one of the first I wanted from Starlux. It's very cool (along with the Saltoposuchus).

Halichoeres

Interesting, thanks! I wonder when they switched it. Maybe in 1978 when they released the Anatosaurus.

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 17, 2021, 03:06:33 PM

And yes, there are very few figures of small Ornithischians out there :-\

I also wish for more of these! The Jurassic and Cretaceous shelves feel so incomplete without them.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 02, 2021, 07:58:11 PM

Isisaurus by Shapeways.

Uh, i like that one. I hope, it will be painted 0:

Duna

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 18, 2021, 04:25:22 PM
Interesting, thanks! I wonder when they switched it. Maybe in 1978 when they released the Anatosaurus.
In fact I've found the 1983 and the 1984 catalogues and it was still named "Trachodon". But in the latest colored version of the catalogue, from the nineties, it appears with the name "Shantungosaure". In fact it was named much more years "Trachodon" than "shantungosaurus".  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: