News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice trio I congratulate you for having those three dunkleoteus, the one from Kaiyodo was given to me by Brett for buying in his store is very nice, there is also the dunkleosteus from Play Visions

Libraraptor

Here we see two colour variants of the unpainted  Invicta Plesiosaur.

Here we see the unpainted versions with the painted version and the much sloppier Larami figure it "inspired".

CityRaptor

Variants keep the completists busy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Varanops

Gwangi

I like how the Larami toy is an Invicta knockoff with a Carnegie paintjob.

I remember having a blue Larami plesiosaur as a kid but I haven't seen a blue one since. I know it was by Larami because it had the seam around the midsection. Maybe my memory is just off.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 11, 2022, 07:07:40 PM
Here we see two colour variants of the unpainted  Invicta Plesiosaur.

ooh, i had the flat blue one and the Pliosaurus. I loved them so much. Sadly, mine were gone at some point. One day, i will have the Pliosaurus again.

Neat Photos and nice to see them next to each other. They are living in the perfect Home, i would say. :)

Bokisaurus

Wonderful invicta's! Love the dark blue one, is the material the one that feels like metal?
I have a blue one that really feels and even sounds like metal😃

Libraraptor

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 12, 2022, 04:54:28 AM
Wonderful invicta's! Love the dark blue one, is the material the one that feels like metal?
I have a blue one that really feels and even sounds like metal😃

Yeah, variants keep the collector busy and impoverished ^-^ How true ;D
Ehm, no, they both feel and sound like the "normal" Invicta hard plastic.

Shonisaurus

Honestly nice addictions to your collection, it is true that it is economically impoverished to complete each collection of dinosaurs together with its various versions of painting and sculpture, but it is honestly worth it, I for my part thanks to Duna I have acquired a series of UKRD dinosaurs repainted blue nails to compare them with the earth version they are on the way and I will publish them in my collection.

My congratulations on all of your Invicta elasmosaurus figures.

Libraraptor

Thanks, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! Here is a shelf full of old school raptors and feathered friends:

Libraraptor

Four Triceratops, four different styles: Eofauna, K & M, Sinclair, The Carnegie Collection

Three Pachyrhinosaurs: Terra by Battat, Walking with Dinosaurs (with sound 8)), Papo

Three sauropods: The Carnegie Collection Saltasaurus, K & M Diplodocus, Collecta Alamosaurus

CityRaptor

It's really odd that Vivid never made the adult versions of Patchi, Scowler or Juniper. Out of all the Pachyrhinosaurus figures they made, the only adult is a blindbag figure of Bulldust.

Oh no

Libraraptor

Carnegie Collection Camarasaurus and Bullyland Europasaurus.

Starlux Diplodocus and Bullyland Spinophorosaurus.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 23, 2022, 10:31:28 AM
Hi, without any mean intentions : 

Just asking what you ment to say here ? :

- Look, these are new in my collection ...
- Look, How they look alike ...
- Look, How they differ one from the other ...
- Look, anything else ...

Am I just missing a point or any reference ? ...

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 23, 2022, 12:06:19 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 23, 2022, 10:31:28 AM
Hi, without any mean intentions : 

Just asking what you ment to say here ? :

- Look, these are new in my collection ...
- Look, How they look alike ...
- Look, How they differ one from the other ...
- Look, anything else ...

Am I just missing a point or any reference ? ...

Look how much I enjoy uploading pictures of randomly arranged figures from my cabinet, showing them to the community, thus connecting to fellow collectors and bringig relief to people via a common hobby, at the same time getting the opportunity to appreciate the diversity of my collection, doing something completely purposeless and nice in dark and desperate  times for the world and society. Who likes it, likes it, who does not, ignores it.

CityRaptor

I would say that those are some good intentions.
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 23, 2022, 01:10:06 PM
Look how much I enjoy uploading pictures of randomly arranged figures ...
OK, I was just currious to have some reference.
Got it.

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 23, 2022, 07:23:07 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 23, 2022, 01:10:06 PM
Look how much I enjoy uploading pictures of randomly arranged figures ...
OK, I was just currious to have some reference.
Got it.

I did not mean to sound rude. Sorry for what one could regard as an overreaction, I definitely did not mean harm ^-^
It was just that in my current occupational situation I have to think twice before I do something because everything  I say and do is being scrutinized.
Although, dear avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio, you did write you had no mean intentions, I had been triggered by your harmless question out of interest.
I would like to add that I get the feeling that some collectors nowadays think they have to keep up with all the people presenting great stuff in a top-notch Männer here and that they maybe feel shoddy. From these, honestly, I would also like to take the pressure, sometimes shooting "lo-fi" pictures on purpose and often taking "average" figures, which I love anyway. Much has changed here, the collections and the models are becoming more high-grade (which I explicitly appreciate), the models more detailed and pricey, so this thread is meant to be helpful for slowing down.

Duna

I really appreciate you show vintage coloured figures with more modern ones. It's like a journey through dinosaur figures history. Most vintage figures were trying to be accurate for that time, some are even reflecting paleoart from that time (Burian, Zallinger, Cavelli, Sibbick ...) ... and even accurate modern figures that we thought they were, in fact they weren't (yep, I'm looking at you, spinosaurus).

Shonisaurus

I've missed a lot since then nice comparative pictures of different models of dinosaurs of the same species or clade. It is interesting to see the different styles of modeling, painting and artistic philosophy that can be seen among the different brands shown where you can see mixed figures from different eras of the toy dinosaur world, thanks for sharing. Interesting photos.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: