News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thank you for reminding me of the Carnegie Camarasaurus. It was one of the first models I bought. I'm very fond of it but hadn't thought about it in a while!

Libraraptor

This is AAA Edmontonia from above.

Halichoeres

Definitely one of the nicer AAA models. They snuck some winners into their lineup.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The AAA edmontosaurus is a jewel of a model, it is one of the best in the company by far. Nice to have it in my collection.

Libraraptor

Agree, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres!
Here it is with Schleich Sauropelta:

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The AAA Edmontonia is in so many dinosaur bundles and job lots on ebay that I sometimes forget it is a real figure that people want. It looks quite nice and charming actually, and I don't think I've seen it's face up close before.
I still wish that one company still had an Edmontonia in circulation as it seems every figure of the animal is retired.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

Good light today!

Two Maiasaura, one by The Carnegie Safari, one by Panini. On the latter one it says "Maiasaurus"!

A random Coelurusaur with a "G" at its belly.

Larami, AAA and Invicta Tyrannosaurus

BrontoScorpio

What a beautiful spring day you found - to take this lot for a photo shoot.
The Panini Maiasaura looks interesting - where does it come from ?
I know some 'Panini' from Spain - but this looks much bigger. is it hollow ?

Shonisaurus

Nice figures, I was moved seeing the Carnegie/Safari maiasaura was one of the first three I bought almost thirty two years ago along with his pteranodon and mosasaurus. Of the other figures, I honestly had no news or that they existed except for the Invicta tyrannosaurus, another cult figure for any collector.

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 12, 2022, 05:45:01 PM
What a beautiful spring day you found - to take this lot for a photo shoot.
The Panini Maiasaura looks interesting - where does it come from ?
I know some 'Panini' from Spain - but this looks much bigger. is it hollow ?

Yes, it´s hollow, but sorry, I had confused two brands :( It´s by De Agostini, a publisher who published a dinosaur magazine line back in the early 90s.
They had many various half-serious figures out, including the Maiasaurus (sic!) and this Pelecanimimus about whom I wrote a review:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2017/09/24/pelecanimimus-de-agostini/

Bokisaurus

Very nice, wow, we really need a new Maiasaurus model! I can't believe how few there are.

ceratopsian

Strange isn't it how few Maiasaura there are!  I love that old Carnegie model and indeed have both the factory version and a repaint.  For me, Maiasaura is one of the most evocative of all dinosaurs - guess that's a produce of my age group, as it brings back so many memories of how our views of dinosaurs and their behaviour began to change and the excitement.  I actually have a Maiasaura on the way - but it's a small resin model by M-See Studio - currently with Martin Garratt for painting!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 15, 2022, 05:15:46 AM
Very nice, wow, we really need a new Maiasaurus model! I can't believe how few there are.

Libraraptor

Look how well those figures go together:
Sinclair and Lindberg Corythosaurus

Kleinwelka Anatosaurus and Sinclair Trachodon

Gwangi

Wow! I'm kind of blown away by that AAA Edmontonia.

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 05, 2022, 11:37:01 AM
The AAA Edmontonia is in so many dinosaur bundles and job lots on ebay that I sometimes forget it is a real figure that people want. It looks quite nice and charming actually, and I don't think I've seen it's face up close before.
I still wish that one company still had an Edmontonia in circulation as it seems every figure of the animal is retired.
Do you have the Battat one?

Gwangi

We desperately need an updated Edmontonia, the Battat is still the definitive representation of it. I have the Tyco one which is one of their best toys but quite large.

Shonisaurus

By the way, that Sinclair trachodon is very nice, I don't know if you can tell me I don't know if I'm inappropriate, but do you know how many versions there are of that figure, in plastic colors? It has caught my attention.

Duna

Those Sinclair are super cool. I love trachodon and corythosaurus. I just love any figure called "trachodon", that means they are very retro and over 40 years old.

Libraraptor

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus : For further research on the highly interesting background of those big Sinclair figures I recommend, once more, this page: http://dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/sinclair.htm

avatar_Duna @Duna : Actually, they ARE that old ;) I would define "retro" as something made more recently in a style referring to older days. But that´s just me smart-arsing around  ;D

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi : Have you never seen this figure before? Found one in this (expensive ::)) lot: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393810149177?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item5bb0e9ff39:g:vgAAAOSwUYphwPkT&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%252B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsSU8qUIAeVPdz29zRlje3Lg8X%252FZqu1OpiC4Fw3jwa%252FARmNonguZCCsikfQ2fF9eU4OTN0CS1pa7WIWguabaXUJ%252FOqp0virynGXlgwWQnSmzPh1LiWgEaioIPXVyz3wPGpXFLK%252Br6OFEnhYhhfjkVHyRnajkPnkkZ2E5UWf9f8YA3KxA0E9Gc3D%252FyJtA51OJklxUMS%252FUSOTX8Lm%252BkN%252BZbmGd%252B%252B9tVwulbj6Wihjd7uOI1iZiULCchl7U9iyGpipBwBsUKPPKQTjG6fY5r9URk2B7auVTv102F5ZmirJ21qZCNW%252B5hVKFig3fTbf6fyPPQl6Ej3jOjX0jKp2YgP3AjvPlODn3YwFH6thXr2SF3Wtf5RPJ%252BCw4G8qN4wx2nzOSFYRbbUUeWOHl1daqSkDZOmKDEDkQr%252Fx5U0%252FnSP945tWeQ6%252BPhx1btH9aPtjJGcr%252FQQlVHmO3okXbXSWX6Ka5Gf4FrJi1oe263yMvKzhMnwD3CaitHI%252F3yn96sj6b1mQltoCfK3Zsu9pEg5AatR4WiKGj%252Bu7ML537YVRicmZ3Mnw7IKjYJcW8rGaB9c2HOkkC1Xk7rmmE0WqXrRABFgdSSwY3WtHtkp%252BYlY1X2D0Yz%252BmjbSKTf%252BLc4M508rlTVMeUTHJ%252FEajbfgcdCsE2O5vEW1EIYsTOVnltp5fEAwTMoFfF1lceoDiBH7P7rRBpGKASikhhJATWIN27hE%252Be%252BnUvPUG%252ByRgx4CfbQJhbPo2ESQv6hZGO91RQF6AKpakr3HtBX2TP6tuF%252Bhv0ixDH%252FF8nv%252BLY2Qf%252BBGPDK2oJpEn4bh%252FH3UN6pNPAVTQApOa204DIbPdd5edQ4UoGnF8ujNFNXaUzw%253D%253D%7Cclp%3A2334524%7Ctkp%3ABFBM9KrnyOFf

Gwangi

I've seen it before avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor, but never photographed in a way where I could really appreciate it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: