News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Dioramas By Over9K

Started by Over9K, June 26, 2020, 02:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

There's just something about the W-Dragon Giganotosaurus from this angle... one of my most favorite...

Shonisaurus

Very good diorama with W-Dragon's giganotosaurus I can honestly say that it is also one of my favorites and even surpasses its Nanmu counterparts.

SidB

Yes, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , it really shows to advantage from this perspective in your diorama. I like the monumental setting of the landscape behind the figure, looks quiet primeval.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on December 13, 2021, 01:40:08 PM
Yes, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , it really shows to advantage from this perspective in your diorama. I like the monumental setting of the landscape behind the figure, looks quiet primeval.

I've had great results with this particular background image. It is actually a free wallpaper I found online of some Thai islands, taken from the water.

I'm real fond of using coastal and beach images of Thailand, Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia. When you hide the beach, or the ocean with a foreground diorama, you're often left with a vista that looks positively prehistoric!

SidB

I see. That's creative and for a reasonable cost too, right.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on December 13, 2021, 08:15:55 PM
I see. That's creative and for a reasonable cost too, right.

Exactly. I got the idea from the matte paintings used in Star Wars, and the big painted Mount Fuji backdrops Toho used in the Godzilla films. I just toss some landscape up on my 50" TV, and set the diorama up in front of that. No Photoshop needed. Saves all kinds of time just doing it in-camera.

SidB

Simple enough, but very effective, I must say. Also, even though I wasn't a fan of the Papo Giganotosaurus, it's standoff here with the Acro is quite dramatic. I suppose that was Papo's general goal (drama) in casting it in this pose, and you seem to have captured the essence of it.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on December 14, 2021, 04:36:45 AM
Simple enough, but very effective, I must say. Also, even though I wasn't a fan of the Papo Giganotosaurus, it's standoff here with the Acro is quite dramatic. I suppose that was Papo's general goal (drama) in casting it in this pose, and you seem to have captured the essence of it.

Honestly, I would not have gotten the Papo Giga, if I had not found it at deeep discount in a Museum swag shop. It is nicely sculpted and painted, but the pose is just so extreme. Took me a bit of staring at it and putting various figures with it, to finally see that photo in my mind's eye. There might be one more with the Pentaceratops... we'll see...

And thank you, for the feedback, I do appreciate it!

Over9K

Over9K

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for that diorama. PNSO dinosaur toys are honestly very well finished. The parasaurolophus and tyrannosaurus PNSO look like something out of a paleo-art painting. In other words, they seem to have come out of a dinosaur illustration book.

Over9K

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 21, 2021, 08:38:24 AM
My congratulations for that diorama. PNSO dinosaur toys are honestly very well finished. The parasaurolophus and tyrannosaurus PNSO look like something out of a paleo-art painting. In other words, they seem to have come out of a dinosaur illustration book.

Indeed! I think the PNSO Parasaurolophus and their latest version of Tyrannosaurus rex represent the current state of the art in dinosaur models. The photo turned out pretty nicely, as a result, even if I do say so myself!  ;D

JohannesB

Your scenes and photo's look cinematic. Very nice!

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on December 21, 2021, 08:06:56 AM

Truly chilling, the face of death in the flesh (or, more correctly, PVC).

Over9K

Caroline senses something...

Duck

Your dioramas never cease to amaze.
He who dwells in pond

SidB

This is one of my favorites among your dioramas.

MesozoicJohn

Fantastic work, brilliant camera angles.

John :)

Shonisaurus

Shocking photo. Of course the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of PNSO are brutal metaphorically speaking that is to say of an extraordinary quality. My congratulations, that corytosaurus haunted by that theropod seen in the distance is great. By the way is the torvosaurus PNSO? The theropod image looks far away and I can't pin down.

Over9K

Quote from: Duck on January 01, 2022, 04:58:20 AM
Your dioramas never cease to amaze.

Quote from: SidB on January 01, 2022, 06:16:51 AM
This is one of my favorites among your dioramas.

Quote from: MesozoicJohn on January 01, 2022, 06:38:48 AM
Fantastic work, brilliant camera angles.

John :)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 02, 2022, 07:30:08 PM
Shocking photo. Of course the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of PNSO are brutal metaphorically speaking that is to say of an extraordinary quality. My congratulations, that corytosaurus haunted by that theropod seen in the distance is great. By the way is the torvosaurus PNSO? The theropod image looks far away and I can't pin down.

Thank you folks for the kind words, I appreciate the feedback immensely!

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, the hunting theropod is the PNSO Tarbosaurus bataar. I was trying to keep the dinosaurs in the same time period, if not perhaps in the same location. I think in this photo perhaps the Tarbosaurus is an actor, playing the role of a Young Adult T.rex, or even a large, old Daspletosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: