News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sara's Saurian Station

Started by Sarapaurolophus, August 02, 2020, 01:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

My dino world is small but quality goes before quantity! This is the state of my mini display right now. They are occupying the top quarter of an IKEA Detolf:

And here are the others scattered across my living room:

Halzk

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on August 02, 2020, 01:30:13 PM
My dino world is small but quality goes before quantity!
This is exactly my mindset when I'm collecting. Great collection !

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Halzk on August 02, 2020, 02:32:39 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on August 02, 2020, 01:30:13 PM
My dino world is small but quality goes before quantity!
This is exactly my mindset when I'm collecting. Great collection !

Thanks :) It's pretty obvious what my favorite companies are, hehe. I have a couple more figures not on display because they are all halfway done customs.

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus Great start for your setup. I don't bother about the quantity either. And there is my little one, too <3 That is a strong praise. Thank you. I love the PNSO Amargasaurus, it really stands out.

ceratopsian

A collection chosen with care is always a pleasing sight!

Roselaar

Off to a good start, loving the Kaiyodosaurs! :)

Libraraptor

An interesting little collection with a great future!

CityRaptor

Good start. Yeah, I agree with the statement regarding Quality over Quantity. If you go for quantity, you ultimately end up with many figures you actually do not want.  And crowded space of course. Of course even if you go for quality, that will happen over time, but a lot slower. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 03, 2020, 11:03:48 PM
Good start. Yeah, I agree with the statement regarding Quality over Quantity. If you go for quantity, you ultimately end up with many figures you actually do not want.  And crowded space of course. Of course even if you go for quality, that will happen over time, but a lot slower. ;D

This. :D

A nice Collection. I am really jealous on the PNSO Amargasaurus. It is such a beauty.

Halichoeres

You have the makings of a very nice collection! Kaiyodos are addictive, watch out :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I like your collection, I congratulate you on all your figures and I recognize that Kaiyodo is one of the best collection brands for dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in Japan, although in my case I do not collect them. They all look wonderful.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 04, 2020, 05:03:21 PM
You have the makings of a very nice collection! Kaiyodos are addictive, watch out :)

Highly addictive, I might add. You begin with just a few...and suddenly your home is full of lots of small prehistoric critters. They are so addictive that I even have some of those animals I normally wouldn't collect.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sarapaurolophus

Thanks, everyone :))

I agree the Kaiyodos are addictive! Size, attention to detail and sculpt work are all top notch and perfect for hoarding. This is why I try my best to only have one color variation per sculpt and only animals I super love or else I'd end up with an ocean of minis.

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Of course she's there, she's my Kaiyodo Protoceratops mate now ;) And soon there will be more Wild Past figures amongst my small scale models because I'll snatch up the new hadrosaurs the moment they are released, hehe.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs The Amarga is my favorite. I was extremely fortunate to have gotten the last one before it sold out on Everything Dinosaur but since then they got him back in stock! Highly recommend him.

Sarapaurolophus

Got this little buddy for my birthday  :)) Time to change up the display again...

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisition of Eofauna, it is my favorite sauropod.

Halichoeres

It's a great figure, makes me happy whenever I see somebody has picked one up :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Eofauna's figures are something else, they're in a totally different class. Which makes the usually long wait for their figures definitely worthy. Congrats for the Atlasaurus, it is breathtaking. I have one myself and, as expected, is one from my collection's best.  ;)

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres avatar_Concavenator @Narutoceratops
Thanks! :) I am happy I have finally something from Eofauna in my cabinet. While the sizes don't match it still goes really well with my Papo Bronto and PNSO Amarga.

Syndicate Bias

Nice collection you got there to start with. Where you display it as well seems very nice it's something I tried to fix for myself early on since I didn't have a special room for them until then. I'm curious to know what other dinosaurs you are looking to add to that collection of yours.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: