News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Sim on January 24, 2021, 06:58:20 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 23, 2021, 10:32:09 PM
avatar_Sim @Sim , even though I'm a T-rex person first, then a generalist second, I sympathize with your frustration. Maybe you should explore becoming a paleo artist and create your own fauna  ... a variation on " if you want it done right, do it yourself." Have you ever engaged in this sort of venture?

No, I haven't.  It could be fun, but I think too much would be involved for me to be able to do this at this point in time.
Well, nothing before its time

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on January 23, 2021, 11:52:32 AM
I have yet to see a truly convincing argument from anyone as to why they think it's "awful."
It lacks detail. It has a grish, ugly, saturated paintjob. It's shrinkwrapped. It's tiny. It doesn't compare to any other modern safari product.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Tyto_Theropod

I'll wait to see pictures of the actual toy, but I think I might just NEED that Baryonyx...  Only one I like so far, which is honestly a relief as I've been a bit overwhelmed lately and am trying to downsize my collection and spending.

Also, I know it's only prototype images, and advance apologies to Doug if he was the one who sculpted it, but to be completely, brutally honest I'm finding it hard to look at that Baryonyx and Spinosaurus together and believe they're from the same year and the same company.  It isn't just the shrinkwrapped head on the Spino, the whole style and aesthetic of the two models just seem so incongruously, almost jarringly different.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Gwangi

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 26, 2021, 03:11:26 PM
I'll wait to see pictures of the actual toy, but I think I might just NEED that Baryonyx...  Only one I like so far, which is honestly a relief as I've been a bit overwhelmed lately and am trying to downsize my collection and spending.

Also, I know it's only prototype images, and advance apologies to Doug if he was the one who sculpted it, but to be completely, brutally honest I'm finding it hard to look at that Baryonyx and Spinosaurus together and believe they're from the same year and the same company.  It isn't just the shrinkwrapped head on the Spino, the whole style and aesthetic of the two models just seem so incongruously, almost jarringly different.

avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod I posted pictures of it on page 30, and also reviewed it for the blog.
http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/01/18/baryonyx-wild-safari-by-safari-ltd/

Tyto_Theropod

Sorry, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, I was being an idiot not checking for these.  It's been a while and I'm sleep-deprived... :P
______________________________________________________________________________________

Gwangi

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 26, 2021, 04:55:32 PM
Sorry, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, I was being an idiot not checking for these.  It's been a while and I'm sleep-deprived... :P

avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod No need to apologize, I just wanted to make sure you saw them.

DC

Got my armored T rex and Tric. Nice figures too bad the armor doesn't snap off. I have some toob Knights riding them. I was always a big fan of the Dinosaurier Schlacht game and these are perfect. Just need some modern game rules. >:D
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Wandering

I know all the new models this year are around 9inches but does anyone have a comparison photo between this years Bary and any other of Safari's figures?

Bread

Just noticed that on the Safari Ltd. store, the Spinosaurus and Daspletosaurus have been pushed back to being released February 2021. I don't know if this is unusual, but I wonder why? Especially since we have received reviews of these figures already. As well as the Baryonyx was released with no problems, including the two armored dinosaurs.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Bread on January 28, 2021, 02:55:19 AM
Just noticed that on the Safari Ltd. store, the Spinosaurus and Daspletosaurus have been pushed back to being released February 2021. I don't know if this is unusual, but I wonder why? Especially since we have received reviews of these figures already. As well as the Baryonyx was released with no problems, including the two armored dinosaurs.
Well the figures sent out to reviewers were just prototypes, not official production runs. And since there has been an increase in the pandemic over this month I bet that in some shape or form it affected the release of the two figures. Doesn't really matter to me, I'm fine waiting a little longer.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Dusty Wren

Safari's headquarters are in Florida now, right? They've routinely been getting more than 10,000 new cases of COVID per day down there. I'm not surprised that Safari had to adjust the timeline.
Check out my customs thread!

Shane

It's not just the local cases of COVID that are causing delays. Freight shipping in general from overseas has become much more expensive and difficult during the global pandemic.

Many container shipments from many companies are being delayed repeatedly, I would imagine this is no different.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Wandering on January 28, 2021, 02:39:18 AM
I know all the new models this year are around 9inches but does anyone have a comparison photo between this years Bary and any other of Safari's figures?

It isn't available on Everything Dinosaur yet, but when it is I'm planning on getting it and can post it with my other Safaris if you're still curious.  Will probably do that in the existing comparison thread over here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4081.0

DC

I bought the Bary and I thought the Spino was briefly available and just sold out fast. Safari is almost always the early shipper compared to Papo and Schleich.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection By the way, when will all the dinosaur news for Safari 2021 be available? I am interested in all these figures including the two armed dinosaurs they are incredible. If I've bought King Kong (Gorilla Z) from Rebor and Vastatosaurus from Rebor and surely from Nanmu, how could I not buy those dinosaurs with armor.

I really like the prehistoric world and in particular the figures related to the prehistoric world based on the fantasy world. That tyrannosaurus and armed triceratops will be mine this year. Thanks for sharing that video.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Safari has a new sale code for V-Day : enter LOVEYOU to get 21% off your order.  Orders over 50.00 still ship free.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2021, 04:11:36 PM
Safari has a new sale code for V-Day : enter LOVEYOU to get 21% off your order.  Orders over 50.00 still ship free.

This year I'm going to have a tough time finding $50.00 worth of things to buy. Might just have to pay for shipping for once!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 11, 2021, 10:26:01 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2021, 04:11:36 PM

This year I'm going to have a tough time finding $50.00 worth of things to buy. Might just have to pay for shipping for once!

I picked up the Mastodon and Baryonyx along with six trex pinchers for the gift shop.  maybe just order things for gifts or build a herd lol

TaranUlas

So the Daspletosaurus and Spinosaurus are now available on Safari's website.

Should be arriving for me within the next week if it's like any other time (And assuming that we don't get snowed in again. I love living up north.)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: