News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Not sure, I think the fish was 4-6 meters long and the figure is around 6.25 inches so maybe something like 1:40 to 1:30

Renecito

I like the Xiphactinus and I also like the size.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Wandering

Gosh that Xiphactinus looks great!! I didn't expect it to excite me so much!

Bokisaurus

Wow, that's a beautiful fish! Very exciting!
I think it's around the 1:40 scale and should go nicely with the fauncast figure.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oah, i'm in for these CollectAs!

The Kamuy looks fantastic. Also, the smaller size is perfect for me. i'm looking for nice Hadros with a fine Pricetag and Size for a Herd/group Diorama. I think, i found them.

Xiphactinus looks good, as i thought. Neovenator still not my piece of Cake. But that Megalosaurus. I really don't know why, but i love it. It has a slight mammalfeeling. Maybe its the earthy coloration and the Lips and this whole "standing still and observing" Position. I guess, these will be around 4- Euros, so i could't be more happy. The PNSOs have been the last Figures i could buy. Out of Money now. Looking forward to these Figures and the Mamenchi inHand Pics. And the Elasmosaurus. And..

CollectA always feels like the small brother of the Big Companies, but his isn't true in the End. Especially the last years.

Have a nice Weekend, Everyone.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 30, 2021, 03:16:37 PM

The Kamuy looks fantastic. Also, the smaller size is perfect for me. i'm looking for nice Hadros with a fine Pricetag and Size for a Herd/group Diorama. I think, i found them.

Xiphactinus looks good, as i thought. Neovenator still not my piece of Cake. But that Megalosaurus. I really don't know why, but i love it. It has a slight mammalfeeling. Maybe its the earthy coloration and the Lips and this whole "standing still and observing" Position. I guess, these will be around 4- Euros, so i could't be more happy. The PNSOs have been the last Figures i could buy. Out of Money now. Looking forward to these Figures and the Mamenchi inHand Pics. And the Elasmosaurus. And..

CollectA always feels like the small brother of the Big Companies, but his isn't true in the End. Especially the last years.

You have the mantelli? If not, get that. It's one of my favourite small ornithopods i've seen
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 30, 2021, 04:31:04 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 30, 2021, 03:16:37 PM

You have the mantelli? If not, get that. It's one of my favourite small ornithopods i've seen

A good Reminder! No, i always forget about this Figure. I have their Fukuisaurus, which is outstanding for the Price and for me, but not the Animal i am looking for, when thinking of a smaller Herd or Group. At least Figurewise. Moreover, i have to resculpt and bend a few of them, and the Mantelli has a dynamic Pose straight out of teh factory. But, thisone makes a good one for using it as a young one grasing. I have to look at it more in depth.

In the end you are right, it is a beauty. Most of the Time i do not like the Paintschemes from Collecta, but these are changeable. Thanks for the Reminder again, Figure just went a bit up in the "I would like to buy these pls." List.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on January 29, 2021, 04:19:45 PM
https://youtu.be/J6-GY4ErABU

Great review, but the one question I really wanted answered was not addressed...
... can you fit the mini tube Xiphactinus in its mouth to recreate the "fish-within-a-fish"?  ;D

Sarapaurolophus

The review convinced me that I need to add the Kamuysaurus after all. But those colors... still don't like them. Especially that big yellow splotch on its sides. Weird signal color for a herd animal. And on a bodypart a predator might attack first to separate it.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Magnificent doedicurus from Collecta! Beautifully modeled and painted and very well sculpted. Honestly the definitive figure. He makes a very good pair with his Safari counterpart to make dioramas. It is honestly for me, one of the two most anticipated figures of prehistoric animals along with its counterpart xiphactinus

It is small in size but bully. Very good figure. We are living in not just the long time of toy dinosaurs but the golden age of prehistoric mammals.

I was going to show the video of the Collecta doedicurus, but I see that it was already ahead of time when publishing the link. avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954  Thank you for publishing it. He is without a doubt comparable in genius to his counterpart Lisowicia Bojani from last year. Maybe it will be the best prehistoric animal figure for 2021 according to the Prehistoric Times? Of course, from my humble opinion it is a great figure and even if I lack to eat I will buy that magnificent figure. Thanks Collecta!

Blade-of-the-Moon

The teeth on the Elasmosaurus is a bit of a let down, though I understand it's only so big and you can only do so much with a toy.  I think in regards to CollectA I'm going to be sticking to only Deluxe figures from now on as they seem to get better sculpts overall.

SidB

Great, the mammal doesn't disappoint, but looks even better than the earlier image. CollectA does wonderful work with their prehistoric mammals, but they don't overindulge for sure, issuing so few of them, unfortunately. I guess that's all that the market can sustain. It will make an interesting companion for the old Schleich Glyptodon, hopefully size-wise too.

Dusty Wren

So nice to have a review of the Doedicurus already. One of the things I really appreciate about CollectA's mammals is that they don't just slap a single shade of brown or gray on them and call it a day. All those different browns on the Doedicurus really add to the realism of the figure. Looks like the nails have been drybrushed with some brown, too, like it's been digging. That's a great touch.
Check out my customs thread!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on February 11, 2021, 05:01:55 PM
Great, the mammal doesn't disappoint, but looks even better than the earlier image. CollectA does wonderful work with their prehistoric mammals, but they don't overindulge for sure, issuing so few of them, unfortunately. I guess that's all that the market can sustain. It will make an interesting companion for the old Schleich Glyptodon, hopefully size-wise too.

Safari has a nice Doedicurus too.

Gwangi

The Doedicurus is nice, but I'm content with the Safari figure. Not that you can really have too many of them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: