News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallnut

So we know that this figure is 46 cm in lenght I write 5 different scale estimates based on length of the figure.
M.Jingyanensis:  20-26 m lower estimate:1:43 scale upper estimate: 1:56 scale
M.Sinocanadorum 35 m 1:76 scale
M.hochuanensis 22 m 1:47
M.constructus 13 1:28

Renecito

What a beautiful Mamenchisaurus, It's just as magnificent as PNSO one!!!.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Faelrin

Well I guess I will certainly be adding this one to my wishlist. I think the size is actually just right for me, and I like that it could stand in as one of its smaller species (since I don't think I have anything else in my collection at like 1:100 scale, except maybe some mini figures maybe).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

That figure fits perfectly with their Brontosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Bajadasaurus and Diplodocus in my shelf. And Eofauna Atlasaurus, Safari Nigersaurus and Camarasaurus. It's the perfect size for me. The PNSO figure with that neck held straight was imposible for me to fit it.
This will be my only Collecta figure this year, along with Doedicurus. :)

Thialfi

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 14, 2021, 05:55:39 PM
I really dislike video reviews, but I skipped through the Xiphactinus one on mute and I'm glad to see that it's suitably elongate. The stock photo made it look a little stubby, but it was definitely just the angle.
Hah, same in regards to video reviews. That's why Dinosaur Toy Blog is such a valuable resource for me.

Great to see the new models in hand though! I really like both of them, I am so happy to see companies still care about non-dinosaurian prehistoric animals.

Shonisaurus

It is by far the best mamenchisaurus figure on the market today. The size is not as big as one would like but it is bulky. I said the best figure that exists of mamenchisaurus. Together with the doedicurus and the pteranodon the best figures of Collecta in the year 2021.

Dusty Wren

Wow, okay, the Mamenchisaurus looks far better in the video than it did in photos. Hmm, I might end up getting it after all. It has a gracefulness about it, which isn't something you see in a lot of sauropod figures.
Check out my customs thread!

BlueKrono

Okay, I wasn't going to get Big M, but after seeing that video I think I will. Wonder why they went with osteoderms on a Mamenchisaurus...? I think I'll paint them to make them stand out a little more.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

triceratops83

These must be coming in waves because so far Minizoo has the Kamuysaurus and Megalosaurus.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/collecta-kamuysaurus/

https://www.minizoo.com.au/collecta-megalosaurus-in-ambush/

Just ordered a Kamuysaurus myself.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

Ooooh, just noticed something about the Dilophosaurus! Looks to be inspired by the Jurassic Park novel.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 22, 2021, 08:36:51 AM
Ooooh, just noticed something about the Dilophosaurus! Looks to be inspired by the Jurassic Park novel.

It's not the first to do so, the UKRD "Utahraptor" is based on the Dinamation Dilophosaurus which was based on the Jurassic Park novel Dilophosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2021, 04:41:54 PM

It's not the first to do so, the UKRD "Utahraptor" is based on the Dinamation Dilophosaurus which was based on the Jurassic Park novel Dilophosaurus.

Do you mean the AAA?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 22, 2021, 11:14:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2021, 04:41:54 PM

Do you mean the AAA?

yeah that one. i don't know why when i searched it up it appeared under UKRD.

suspsy

Got an email from Minizoo tonight. The Neovenator, the Mamenchisaurus, and the Brontosaurus corpse will be in stock next month. All other 2021 toys will be available in July.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Yes, sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know the price and availability on Amazon?

Halichoeres

Now I'm trying to see what else MiniZoo has in stock that I might want, to justify an order.

Amazon doesn't usually get CollectA for several months after initial release, and because it's always third-party sellers, the prices tend to fluctuate.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 23, 2021, 01:13:43 PM
Now I'm trying to see what else MiniZoo has in stock that I might want, to justify an order.

Amazon doesn't usually get CollectA for several months after initial release, and because it's always third-party sellers, the prices tend to fluctuate.

Also, if you want them to be decently priced, you'll have to see what Reeves decides is worth selling domestically.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 23, 2021, 04:28:04 AM
Yes, sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone know the price and availability on Amazon?

Amazon has been just AWFUL for Collecta for years now. They don't have anything more recent than a few years ago, and what models they do have always seem to be priced at least twice what they go for on other websites, if not more. I strongly recommend going with another vendor for any and all Collecta purchases. Everything Dinosaur, Minizoo, Dan's Dinosaurs, The Dinosaur Farm, and Happy Hen are all good options.

Loon

Breyer's site is also good, depending on what you want, since it's only what they release domestically. Overall, Happy Hen is probably your best bet for a domestic site. Still, I usually go with Everything Dinosaur, since they aren't all that expensive if you aren't buying a ton of figures.

Loon

I don't know if this has been answered, or honestly, if I've asked it before. But, how does the Elasmosaurus hold up in terms of accuracy? I currently have the Thalassomedon and think it hits the looks far better, but I'm no expert.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: