News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 02, 2020, 09:09:38 PM
Was it really necessary to start this thread? Why not wait until the actual reveals are here?
I usually find this type of thread more than a bit frustrating and repetitive, but that's just me. I'm sure that they are here to stay.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2020, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 02, 2020, 10:20:03 PM
Was it really necessary to start this thread? Why not wait until the actual reveals are here?

Good question. As I'm not too interested in the speculations threads I visit these kinds of threads, just to find .... more speculation :P .

Hmmm, well, perhaps you two should go back and reread the part about a new prehistoric invertebrate being confirmed for 2021. That's definitely news worth sharing. Plenty of other people have been very excited and pleased to hear it.
That isn't post-worthy news, though. I'd undertstand if it was a teaser or something but you could've easily said that in CollectA General Discussion
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

MLMjp

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 03, 2020, 07:23:40 PM

Good question. As I'm not too interested in the speculations threads I visit these kinds of threads, just to find .... more speculation :P .

Hmmm, well, perhaps you two should go back and reread the part about a new prehistoric invertebrate being confirmed for 2021. That's definitely news worth sharing. Plenty of other people have been very excited and pleased to hear it.
That isn't post-worthy news, though. I'd undertstand if it was a teaser or something but you could've easily said that in CollectA General Discussion
I thought the same, I even sent a report to the moderators because of it (didn't do it with any malicious intent, I just though it was innaprorpiate to start a new for 2021 thread with only that piece of info), but since it was ignored it seems that there is no problem.

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 03, 2020, 07:23:40 PM

That isn't post-worthy news, though.

I firmly disagree, especially considering how relatively few prehistoric invertebrate figures exist. And again, judging from the many positive responses in this thread, I'm not alone in that sentiment.

You can always choose not to follow the thread if it irritates you that much.  :)

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It can even be a pterygotus or a brontoscorpio. A life-size prehistoric invertebrate would be interesting, for example a giant Carboniferous insect but not so gigantic that it can decorate a shelf in an acceptable way as a half meter animal can.

By the way, is there a chance that Collecta will reissue a paraceratherium Deluxe? Is there a chance that next year will be that of the problematic xiphactinus and / or leedsichthys or will we have to wait another year for one of those two prehistoric fish?

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist That would definitely be amazing.

I'm just wondering if this is going to be revealed in their typical first batch of reveals or in a later depending on how many new figures they are able to release for 2021. Since we got nothing this weekend, hopefully next weekend.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I strongly suspect that the mystery invertebrate is a sea scorpion. It would certainly go well with both the belemnite and the orthocone, and maybe the trilobite depending on how big it is.

A Supreme Meganeura sounds a little risky, as it could easily be mistaken by casual shoppers for a modern dragonfly figure. That said, I'd buy one if CollectA made it.

As for Paraceratherium or any species of fish, we shall have to wait and see. Hopefully this weekend the fun will commence.

PrimevalRaptor

I'm also still very much in the sea scorpion camp or maybe Aegirocassis, CollectA likes sort of obscure species (in the public eye) and it's a huge lad.

bmathison1972

if they follow the trend of the 5 or so released this year, it will probably be marine.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Hi Everyone.

I got some News from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur in a Mail, regarding the new CollectAs.

QuoteCheck out our blog post tomorrow, at 3am your time, we will announce the first 3 new models from CollectA for 2021.  We will also post up on our YouTube channel tomorrow a special video that we have made highlighting the 3 figures.

So it fits the predictions on the first Week of November :)

EDIT: Oh, "my Time" is GMT+1 / UTC+1

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I said, this confinement for me is going to be very sweet. I'll get up at around 3:00 in the morning to see what new features the Collecta brand surprises us with. I guess they will not leave me indifferent. I cross my fingers to see if any of my wishes are fulfilled when it comes to new figures of prehistoric animals. Thank you very much for reporting.

suspsy

My wife will most displeased if I set an alarm for the dead of night, so unless I happen to wake up to use the bathroom, I'll have to wait until our boys wake us up around 5:30 AM!

Stegotyranno420

I never thought i'd say this but CollectA and Mojo are starting to replace Safari and Papo(well, atleast their current performances) as my favorite companies

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: suspsy on November 05, 2020, 05:37:33 PM
My wife will most displeased if I set an alarm for the dead of night, so unless I happen to wake up to use the bathroom, I'll have to wait until our boys wake us up around 5:30 AM!

:D Hehe. I'll be awake at 3 in the Morning i guess. I am Nightactive.

"Oh i am Sorry, i completely set Alarm for the wrong time. Just get back to sleep." And then just proceed to enter the Realm of the Toilet with your fellow Mobile Phone.

suspsy

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 05, 2020, 05:56:34 PM

"Oh i am Sorry, i completely set Alarm for the wrong time. Just get back to sleep." And then just proceed to enter the Realm of the Toilet with your fellow Mobile Phone.

Nope. I might as well try to convince my wife that Martians on giant flying monkeys are invading Earth. Also, she's one of those persons who has real trouble going back to sleep after being woken, so I'd sooner wait till sunup.

Loon

Ooo, this is exciting. Also, "first 3" has me excited, hopefully we get a nice number of models again, and hopefully they're mostly not theropods.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: suspsy on November 05, 2020, 06:00:59 PM

Nope. I might as well try to convince my wife that Martians on giant flying monkeys are invading Earth. Also, she's one of those persons who has real trouble going back to sleep after being woken, so I'd sooner wait till sunup.

I would do the same. Not getting back to sleep is something i can relate to, so your reaction fits the way i think about handling such a Situation. But. I would love to see Martians on flying Monkeys, invading the Planet.

Faelrin

Sounds like I'll be able to see before bed tomorrow if 3 am GMT and/or UTC is 10 pm EST.

And 3 models? Interesting. Looks like they will be sticking to their usual form of reveals, aka in batches like every other weekend or so.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 05, 2020, 06:05:30 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 05, 2020, 06:00:59 PM

I would do the same. Not getting back to sleep is something i can relate to, so your reaction fits the way i think about handling such a Situation. But. I would love to see Martians on flying Monkeys, invading the Planet.

I tend to sleep through it so maybe I just wake up for the physiological needs of going to the bathroom, then maybe afterwards I go to the computer. But the main thing is not to get overwhelmed as we will discover very good figures even better than this year. I am absolutely convinced.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's first blog post providing information on the first of the new for 2021 CollectA releases is scheduled to go live at 2am GMT (tomorrow morning) Friday 6th November (21.00 hrs EST).  A YouTube video will be posted on Everything Dinosaur's YouTube channel later tomorrow providing more information on these new releases.  The models we are announcing tomorrow are scheduled to be in stock at Everything Dinosaur early in 2021.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: