News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur Thanks for the info. I'll be up to date. I'm sure they will be even better figures than the previous year. Collecta is one of the best collectible and toy dinosaur brands on the market.

Dinoxels

Heres to hoping they bring back bases for next year. Well, guess I will find out tomorrow.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Ceratosaurus blogspot

CollectA Deluxe Mamenchisaurus in 1:100 scale

CollectA Age of Dinosaurs Popular range Kamuysaurus

CollectA Age of Dinosaurs Popular range Brontosaurus prey

Flaffy

Blade-of-the-Moon

those splayed out front legs on the carcass makes me uncomfortable just looking at them..lol

Faelrin

Really like that these have been revealed already. Already looking like gorgeous additions.

Is the Mamenchisaurus really a deluxe figure in 1:100 scale? That seems like it would be a bit on the small side. Still easily one of the best to be made yet from the looks of it.

Glad to see they are still doing ornithopods. The Kamuysaurus is probably my favorite of these if not the Mamenchisaurus. Tough choice. I am glad to see they gave it the Edmontosaurus hooves as well.

The dead Brontosaurus reminds me of things in Jurassic World Evolution or Ark because of the funky rag doll physics. Certainly not what I was expecting to see, but I am glad to see they are not shying away from them. Good for diorama purposes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Quote from: Faelrin on November 06, 2020, 02:39:58 AM

Is the Mamenchisaurus really a deluxe figure in 1:100 scale? That seems like it would be a bit on the small side. Still easily one of the best to be made yet from the looks of it.

Collecta has the Paralititan as a deluxe model.

Loon

FINALLY! A good Mamenchisaurus!!! I was so close to buying the Mojo one because it had the updated posture, but this is genuinely the best figure of this species so far. Though, the head gives me some of those bad PNSO vibes, though it looks more accurate. The only issue I have is the size. 1/100? I mean, I'm not a scale collector but I don't even think I have anything close to that. I guess could just pretend it's a baby, they basically had adult proportions right?

I really like the Kamuysaurus, it's not a species I was expecting, but I want it. Good to see companies are realizing that the more Ornithopods, the better. Now, if only the Ornithomimids could get this kind of love...

The prey figure is cool, but I don't collect those. That arm break, though. That has to be one of the most gruesome looking injuries on a toy I've ever seen. Part of me thinks it's supposed to be ripped off, but it still would have had to dislocate quite horribly.

I have to say, these are some very exciting reveals. I just hope there aren't any allosauroids waiting to disappoint me.

Patrx

That hadrosaur is a charmer, for sure. I say, are CollectA finally getting the hang of sculpting the join between limbs and torso?

PhilSauria

Quite fond of CollectA Sauropods so that Mamenchisaurus is a definite for me. Pass on the carcass, I prefer my Dinosaurs alive.

Stegotyranno420

wait, its 1:100 scale! aw crap

suspsy

I've added the images to the OP. What an impressive start! A popular yet underrepresented giant sauropod, a recently described Japanese hadrosaur (two times the awesome there!), and a corpse to complete the Classic Big Four. I'm especially impressed at how the Mamenchisaurus features a tail club and the Brontosaurus has its right front leg grotesquely bent out of place. The impact of a 15 ton body violently hitting the ground will do that.

And now we wait a whole other week.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 06, 2020, 03:39:21 AM
Not cr*p, that makes it more affordable.
When it is popular enough it might get a Deluxe version.
For you, but for me, sauropods that arent more than 20 inches arent worth it. And you can just make it hollow. Its not much of a problem, expect for taking more volume and paint and that isnt gonna add an extra 20 bucks

Flaffy

Welp, CollectA most certainly one-upped both Mojo's and PNSO's attempts at Mamenchisaurus. Accurate skull (I think?), correct neck position, accurate number of clawed digits, lack of shrinkwrapping.
Easily going to be included into my CollectA sauropod collection. I wonder how it displays with the Daxiatitan.

Can always count on CollectA for producing obscure and/or new taxa. Was hoping for a widely available and larger sized Kamuysaurus on the market, and CollectA certainly delivers. The paint is rather sloppy on the front legs though, and I'm not a fan of the warpaint yellow on its face. The Kaiyodo gashapon version is undoubtedly the superior figure, but hey, more ornithopods the better.

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on November 06, 2020, 03:39:03 AM
...I'm especially impressed at how the Mamenchisaurus features a tail club...

I thought that's what that was. For a second, I thought it was just a curve in the tail.

John

It looks like sauropods have become a specialty for CollectA.The Mamenchisaurus is a must have for me. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

Impressive revelations my impressions on the figures.

The mamenchisaurus from Collecta 2021 It is impressive, perhaps a mamenchisaurus with a larger size would have wanted it but I honestly like the whole sculpture. The painting of the sauropod is elegant and understated at the same time and I could say quite realistic with a grayish hues. It's honestly the mamenchisaurus that I like that they made. with a scientifically well made head, small and with details of well sculpted scales and bony shields. on the other hand I like those sharp spines along the spine reminds me of the diplodocus from the legendary BBC television series Walking with dinosaurs. He is perhaps the strongest figure in the group.

On the other hand, the Japanese kamuysaurus is exact to scientific reconstructions, with this all said, the painting is very vivid, those yellow tones on the sides and on the part of the skull, give a feeling of vitality to the figure. What I may see as a "defect" of the dinosaur is that the upper right hoof has a paint defect, that is, I see a sloppy painting since the grayish hoof paint has by mistake exceeded the hoof and the paint has spread to part of the hand. Fortunately, it is not a manufacturing error, far from it, but a mass dinosaur painting that is bought in physical stores or online stores is normal, but that should not have happened in the prototype figure. Otherwise the rest of the painting is as I say realistic and with those yellow tones on the back, face and part of the tail they give it a feeling of vitality as I have already indicated.

The brontosaurus corpse is something that collectors sincerely, at least I had hoped that a brand like Collecta would do one day, now there is a missing ankylosaurus corpse and a hadrosaurid corpse to give two examples and continue with the interesting "gore" style As a dinosaur corpse, I understand that said corpse, as happens with the rest of the dinosaurs made by Collecta, represents dinosaurs not only killed as a result of injuries from fighting a theropod in this case, but also represents the damage caused by the logical putrefaction of the dinosaur. after the violent death and by the action of predators and scavengers that would have given a good account of that sauropod. the dislocation of one of its legs naturally gives more drama to the scene and in this case the colors of the brontosaurus corpse are quite realistic and without war paint as happens with the mamenchisaurus, which gives an image even more realistic to the figure. Honestly, Collecta is starting strongly in this next year 2021.

Magnificent reproductions of dinosaurs and an unknown image in the collection figures such as the hadrosaurid kamuysaurus. It has naturally been a ple'toric week of good news for those of us who are collectors with this revelation. To wait for the next week.

Bokisaurus

Wow, exciting first reveals! Love love that mamenchi, looks really beautiful. Really wish it was larger! Glad 😀 never got around getting the Mojo.
So far really excited about these! Glad they continued the dead Dino series, and that they have chosen all iconic species 😂

Now can't wait to see what others❤️ Will be shown next week!

Libraraptor

CollectA Mamenchisaurus will make a good figure at the side of my classic Invicta one! A more than decent sauropod figure!

That Kamuysaurus is well sculpted, yet the colours feel a little off.

Don´t really like the sauropod carcass.

GojiraGuy1954

Oh my god, I love all 3 of those
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: